Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

It's Gordon the gopher I feel sorry for
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Rudi

Quote from: BennyCake on February 07, 2020, 06:28:16 PM
Quote from: illdecide on February 07, 2020, 11:25:22 AM
Quote from: AFM on February 07, 2020, 11:14:06 AM
Quote from: square_ball on February 07, 2020, 11:09:18 AM
Phillip Schofield

Why, because he eventually came out - who the fcuk cares.

No, don't think anyone would care much about being gay but being married for 27 years then coming out is a bit WTF in fairness

Yeah, nobody has said anything about the missus (or kids).

I mean, yes he's got if off his shoulders, been true to who/what he is, but what about the woman he's been married to for 27 years. What about her? Her marriage is over, family broke up, husband basically living a lie, and the marriage all a sham if he's known he was gay all this time. I'm sure the woman is distraught if it was a sudden outing from him.

Agree, can't understand all the sympathy for him. Essentially a liar and lacked the balls to come out initially. All this incredibly brave talk now sickens me. Generation bambi. A gay man can do no wrong. I wonder will that gobda of a David Walliams come out too.

J70

Maybe he "lacked the balls" because the fucked-up, bigoted attitudes towards homosexuality in his younger years resulted in him repressing and denying his sexuality and pursuing and committing to a "respectable" live as a straight man.

How old would he have been when homosexuality was finally decriminalized in Ireland?

How long, had he lived in Ireland, since he could have adopted kids had he made peace with and lived as a gay man his whole life?

Rudi

Quote from: J70 on February 07, 2020, 07:00:25 PM
Maybe he "lacked the balls" because the fucked-up, bigoted attitudes towards homosexuality in his younger years resulted in him repressing and denying his sexuality and pursuing and committing to a "respectable" live as a straight man.

How old would he have been when homosexuality was finally decriminalized in Ireland?

How long, had he lived in Ireland, since he could have adopted kids had he made peace with and lived as a gay man his whole life?

So that's a good reason to live a lie and potentially f**k up the lives of his wife and children. Your explanation of his lies are quite frankly shite talk.

J70

Quote from: Rudi on February 07, 2020, 07:06:55 PM

So that's a good reason to live a lie and potentially f**k up the lives of his wife and children. Your explanation of his lies are quite frankly shite talk.

Well that's told me!

I didn't say it was a "good reason". It's a f**king tragedy for them. He's acknowledged himself the awful toll on his family as he's come to terms with it and come out to them.

But only an idiot cannot acknowledge what a different world it was just a generation ago for gay men and the amount of them that went through life as Schofield has. In the past, almost none of them would have come out, ever.

How the f**k do you know what he has been through, how difficult it may have accepting it and then, after that, confessing to his wife and family?

There's a huge amount of people still out there struggling with this issue. Half the f**king Republican Party in America thinks homosexuality is evil and you can pray away the gay FFS.

Rudi

I detect a circular argument J70. You're not for turning neither am I.

J70

Quote from: Rudi on February 07, 2020, 07:35:16 PM
I detect a circular argument J70. You're not for turning neither am I.

Not getting the circular argument reference.

Capt Pat

I assume he was not gay when he married his wife and had kids. Maybe he was bisexual or not gay at all and changed later in life.

He was always a bit camp though going back to his days as a childrens tv presenter. Was he gay then?

AFM

Or maybe he loves the attention from the liberal elite, saw Ruth hugging him, bless bullying gone now, surely a gay man couldn't bully anyone.  ::)

playwiththewind1st

I just think that if he had made an early start on the Grecian 2000, he would not be having all these 'issues'.

AFM

He is a master of the shite talk, poor man living a lie why did he come out at 57 and in a public forum and who gives a shit surely he should of told his family and not exposed them to such media scrutiny. The Sun will have a Schofield day with this, but the celebs and liberal elite like J70 think he is the dogs balls.

armaghniac

Quote from: AFM on February 07, 2020, 10:21:54 PM

He is a master of the shite talk, poor man living a lie why did he come out at 57 and in a public forum and who gives a shit surely he should of told his family and not exposed them to such media scrutiny. The Sun will have a Schofield day with this, but the celebs and liberal elite like J70 think he is the dogs balls.

There is gross hypocrisy here as in all matters gay. If he ran off with another woman he'd be a bollix, but if he runs off with a man then he is an inspiration to society, apparently.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

AFM

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on February 07, 2020, 10:50:28 PM
Quote from: AFM on February 07, 2020, 10:21:54 PMHe is a master of the shite talk, poor man living a lie why did he come out at 57 and in a public forum and who gives a shit surely he should of told his family and not exposed them to such media scrutiny. The Sun will have a Schofield day with this, but the celebs and liberal elite like J70 think he is the dogs balls.

1. "Who gives a shit"? Well not me personally, but plenty of people seem to. Otherwise gossip columns and magazines like "Heat" wouldn't exist.

2. If you read what he has written in public, he already has told his wife & daughters about it some time ago, as well as his own side of the family and his wife's. I'm presuming that he had their blessing to make a public statement.

3. If he had decided to keep his sexual identity out of the public eye but it had ended up being leaked out to some tabloid rag, said paper would have had a field day with the story. At least this way he's making it public on his own terms

He kept it out before the bullying allegations.

AFM

Quote from: armaghniac on February 07, 2020, 10:26:35 PM
Quote from: AFM on February 07, 2020, 10:21:54 PM

There is gross hypocrisy here as in all matters gay. If he ran off with another woman he'd be a bollix, but if he runs off with a man then he is an inspiration to society, apparently.

Brave and an inspiration. :o