Laois - Bits & Pieces

Started by Mossy Bruce, January 31, 2019, 10:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetanta

Reading Hungry Hill at the moment. Some great stuff in it. You can hear Pat's regret with regard to the Laois hurlers in that period 80-85. It woudn't have taken much more to have a title winning team.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

The Boy Wonder

There was an item on RTE Six One Sports News this evening on O'Moore Park - the loss of business to locality and Co Board due to the lockdown.

No mention of maintenance work on pitch unlike a similar piece on RTE recently showing groundsmen manicuring Nowlan Park in Kilkenny to the nines.

Just wondering if any remedial work has been done on O'Moore Park pitch which was in a bad state prior to lockdown.

SCFC

Quote from: The Boy Wonder on June 22, 2020, 10:02:32 PM
There was an item on RTE Six One Sports News this evening on O'Moore Park - the loss of business to locality and Co Board due to the lockdown.

No mention of maintenance work on pitch unlike a similar piece on RTE recently showing groundsmen manicuring Nowlan Park in Kilkenny to the nines.

Just wondering if any remedial work has been done on O'Moore Park pitch which was in a bad state prior to lockdown.
I believe it's in great nick. Or should that be "serious nick"!

blueandwhite1

Either Pat Critchley or Steven Poacher for the Carlow job.

Couldn't be two more different individuals.

Keyser Söze

Couple of clubs in Laois stood down I believe?
Inevitable.
We may not have to worry too much about the limitations placed on number of spectators the way the R number is steadily rebounding. You don't have to be a genius to figure out how it could spread from a single challenge match with an R number of 1.
It's madness really.
The priority needed to be getting to a point where we could safely reopen the economy. We never actually reached that point and a second economic cliff edge is on the horizon.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

clonadmad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on July 12, 2020, 07:34:49 PM
Couple of clubs in Laois stood down I believe?
Inevitable.
We may not have to worry too much about the limitations placed on number of spectators the way the R number is steadily rebounding. You don't have to be a genius to figure out how it could spread from a single challenge match with an R number of 1.
It's madness really.
The priority needed to be getting to a point where we could safely reopen the economy. We never actually reached that point and a second economic cliff edge is on the horizon.

Which Clubs in Laois?

The Boy Wonder

I've just enjoyed a Ballykilcavan Bin Bawn Pale Ale from Lidl - going back tomorrow for more !
Great to see such a fine beer being produced in Stradbally, Laois.

redsetanta

Where is 12 acres brewed in Laois.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

smcder

13 acres is somewhere near crettyyard.

Keyser Söze

Is that two games wiped next weekend?

SCFC

Quote from: Keyser Söze on August 03, 2020, 07:18:32 PM
In all seriousness, you'd really wonder at the wisdom of any games going ahead.
I've heard a chap got tested on Friday for Covid, went on and hurled championship with his club on Sunday and got a positive result yesterday.
Huge contacts and transmission levels out there.

Keyser Söze

I agree. Said it here few weeks ago when John Kelly (ironically PR club) came out with a statement.
It's a disaster waiting to happen. And it won't be the players that will suffer.

clonadmad

Quote from: SCFC on August 04, 2020, 11:21:15 AM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on August 03, 2020, 07:18:32 PM
In all seriousness, you'd really wonder at the wisdom of any games going ahead.
I've heard a chap got tested on Friday for Covid, went on and hurled championship with his club on Sunday and got a positive result yesterday.
Huge contacts and transmission levels out there.

He went and got tested weds because he's working in irish dog foods in naas

Neglected to tell the relevant club officers

Was in the PRT  squad Friday night v Mountmellick and Saturday night v the harps

oneflewoverthecuckoonest

if that is the truth Clonadmad, and that is what I am also hearing, then this one fellow should have had the cop on to self isolate. If you are in a potentially hazardous environment, be it home or work, then you have no business getting involved in any multi group setting.

for instance if someone from one of the senior club football panels, has just returned from a holiday in Spain/France/Portugal, then he has no business joining his club squad this weekend.

CluainABU

What's also looming in the background and I've yet to see anyone refer to it, is not just the impact of positive tests now - but there is potential here for clubs to abuse this when it gets to relegation stages. I don't know if anyone would really be prepared to take that step due to the impact on their personal situation (self-isolate), but I hope if a positive test is reported (and please God there's few/none), they need to show absolute proof that there was a positive test result recorded, before 1 or more championships are deemed null and void due to clubs involved having to step down.