Who will stop this Dublin team from 4, 5, 6 or more in a row?

Started by Muck Savage, September 19, 2017, 09:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muck Savage

The biggest questions I had after the game is who will stop Dublin from going 4, 5 or even 6 in a row? And when will that be?
Kerry with their 4 minors should start to see some of the talent flow through to Senior so my guess is they will be the team to stop them. Mayo, while I'd love to see them back I don't know how they same group of lads keep going to the well. Is there another run in them?

rrhf

I think it's Kerry then mayo then Dublin next year. Mayo are as good a team as Dublin and can win next years all Ireland. They need a different ref and a decent subs bench next year. Kerry and Tyrone have serious remedial work to do during the league it terms of playing style and personnel.

Syferus

Mayo are not as good a team as Dublin, best evidenced by their failure to beat them in the last five years despite numerous opportunities.

mrhardyannual

Quote from: Syferus on September 19, 2017, 09:38:01 PM
Mayo are not as good a team as Dublin, best evidenced by their failure to beat them in the last five years despite numerous opportunities.
Fair point to date. No reason why it has to remain that way.

Syferus

Quote from: mrhardyannual on September 19, 2017, 09:44:57 PM

I think the age profile of both squads says it's going to get worse rather than better for Mayo.

mrhardyannual

Quote from: Syferus on September 19, 2017, 09:52:48 PM
Quote from: mrhardyannual on September 19, 2017, 09:44:57 PM

I think the age profile of both squads says it's going to get worse rather than better for Mayo.
While Father Time may have an effect a little injection of youth could be a remedy.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Kerry will eventually, Mayo maybe might get one more chance, everyone else have no hope.

T Fearon

Providing the management retain the hunger and desire I cannot see them being stopped for five in a row.Only a hiccup against Donegal in 2014 has prevented this from happening already

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on September 19, 2017, 10:11:28 PM
Kerry will eventually, Mayo maybe might get one more chance, everyone else have no hope.
That's how I see it also. From what some who have seen Dublin's Blue Wave  blueprint, three out of every five is the objective and that is about the number we can expect for the foreseeable future. Unless there are great social and political changes in near to immediate term future, the Dubs can be expected to meet this objective or better it.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

ashman

Anyone from outside Dublin playing inter county football is wasting their time if truth is told .

They are pawns .  County boards putting big money in to county teams to chasing Dublin need to reassess this policy .  This money could be put to far better use in clubs

Syferus

Quote from: ashman on September 20, 2017, 12:49:54 AM
Anyone from outside Dublin playing inter county football is wasting their time if truth is told .

They are pawns .  County boards putting big money in to county teams to chasing Dublin need to reassess this policy .  This money could be put to far better use in clubs

Joe public couldn't give a toss about club football, and hence it will never be a money spinner. Such a defeatist, regressive attitude will only mean the sport's decline is even faster than it already is.

ashman

Quote from: Syferus on September 20, 2017, 01:03:07 AM

Joe public couldn't give a toss about club football, and hence it will never be a money spinner. Such a defeatist, regressive attitude will only mean the sport's decline is even faster than it already is.
[/

To be honest at this stage in at least 26 counties the IC team is taking huge resources and holding back the majority of players .   Is the county team in say Kildare , Leitrim , Antrim and Waterford worth the resources allocated not to mention opportunity cost .

The Super 8 next year will lay the whole farce bare next year .

stew

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on September 19, 2017, 10:11:28 PM

Kerry will immediately, Mayo are done and as for th rest of us, Tyrone could possibly however they are mired in a draconian tactical situation and their leader does not seem to have a clue as to how to change from his defensive mindset.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Captain Obvious

More to inter county football than just winning the All Ireland or trying to get to Dublins level, this is why i feel the league should be made more important than bringing in a super 8 to separate the haves and have nots even further.

yellowcard

Dublin now have such a pool of players to choose from, they can afford to give their entire squad the O'Byrne cup off and use the League to get in some pre season training, all whilst remaining competitive. None of the other counties can afford to do this without a huge drop off in performances.