Career Change

Started by Ty4Sam, March 21, 2018, 10:46:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Quote from: delgany on February 15, 2021, 01:21:32 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on February 15, 2021, 11:38:36 AM
Quote from: restorepride on February 14, 2021, 10:23:29 PM
Try teaching.  According to this board, it is really easy.

Sure i'm doing that now as well a my own job.  :D

What resources and detailed plans did you use, did you differentiate the learning for the different ability groups in front of you . Did you find the NI curricilum difficult to interpret , did you live a broad balanced curriculum ...be delighted to hear how you managed all that by yourself

Jaysus your some craic

quit yo jibbajabba

What resources and detailed plans did you use, did you differentiate the learning for the different ability groups in front of you . Did you find the NI curricilum difficult to interpret , did you live a broad balanced curriculum ...be delighted to hear how you managed all that by yourself

Jesus delgany i think he was only jokin. You teachers are wile touchy these days hi. (My wifes wan an shes as crabbit as an oul cat) 😃

Smokin Joe

Sure they are off this week, not that it'll make much difference to them  ;D

marty34

Quote from: delgany on February 15, 2021, 01:37:41 PM
Quote from: marty34 on February 15, 2021, 01:36:26 PM

Do teachers actually use a curriculum?

That's a serious question.

CCEA website gives a brief outline

Yeah, but do teachers actually use it?

delgany

Quote from: lurganblue on February 15, 2021, 01:44:23 PM

Jaysus your some craic

Didn't see the smiley face, boss

delgany

Quote from: marty34 on February 15, 2021, 02:21:59 PM

I think,  it would be compulsory to follow the curriculum, or the boul' inspectors / parents  would be knocking down the doors to get in

marty34

Quote from: delgany on February 15, 2021, 03:51:27 PM

I think,  it would be compulsory to follow the curriculum, or the boul' inspectors / parents  would be knocking down the doors to get in

Sure can you not tie anything into the curriculum?

delgany

Quote from: marty34 on February 15, 2021, 05:37:53 PM
Quote from: delgany on February 15, 2021, 03:51:27 PM

Sure can you not tie anything into the curriculum?
You still have a core curriculum in ps and a syaballus to follow in post primary

knockitdown

Haven't been on in a while and have just noticed this tread. I am from a construction background and have been a chartered surveyor for almost 15 years now. I was wondering if anyone had gone into teaching in any form (either in a local tech or one of the universities)? I went self employed around 5 years ago and love my job and having the freedom, but I'm just looking for the next challenge and was always interested in the teaching side of things. How would I go about getting some work in this area, would I need to go back to school myself? I'm looking at teaching surveying and not retraining as a primary or secondary school teacher. I recall in university most of my lecturers were employed elsewhere and the teaching was a part time thing. I would still want to combine this with my normal everyday work. Any advice would be appreciated.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: knockitdown on February 15, 2021, 10:06:48 PM
Haven't been on in a while and have just noticed this tread. I am from a construction background and have been a chartered surveyor for almost 15 years now. I was wondering if anyone had gone into teaching in any form (either in a local tech or one of the universities)? I went self employed around 5 years ago and love my job and having the freedom, but I'm just looking for the next challenge and was always interested in the teaching side of things. How would I go about getting some work in this area, would I need to go back to school myself? I'm looking at teaching surveying and not retraining as a primary or secondary school teacher. I recall in university most of my lecturers were employed elsewhere and the teaching was a part time thing. I would still want to combine this with my normal everyday work. Any advice would be appreciated.

With your qualification you can do part time in a college and work towards a teaching cert. A years course in UUJ, well that's where I did mine. Holidays are fine and pension with full time employment but wage ceiling would be lower I'd expect for what you do.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tintin25

Curious to know posters experiences of applying for jobs/attending interviews for higher level roles or those where they had little to no experience.  Anyone went into a managerial or team lead type role without having worked at that level before?