Munster championship 2014

Started by waterfordlad, May 22, 2014, 01:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waterfordlad

Munster SHC starts on Sunday at 4pm with Waterford v Cork in Thurles. Waterford have 4 players making their debut so it is an inexperienced team. It's hard to see us beating Cork who were seconds away from winning All Ireland last year but we travel in hope and hopefully we can give a good performance at least.

deiseach

I don't have any hope, but we'll go anyway.

seafoid

Quote from: waterfordlad on May 22, 2014, 01:34:22 PM
Munster SHC starts on Sunday at 4pm with Waterford v Cork in Thurles. Waterford have 4 players making their debut so it is an inexperienced team. It's hard to see us beating Cork who were seconds away from winning All Ireland last year but we travel in hope and hopefully we can give a good performance at least.
Cork were lucky to get to the final last year, really.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on May 22, 2014, 05:47:04 PM

Yes but they took every chance they could and ran with it, fair fcuks to them too, JBM has always got the best out of this team when it really matters. I expect it to be tight with 7/8 mins to go and a 21 yard free to Cork, well you know the rest.....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 22, 2014, 06:41:09 PM

Yes but they took every chance they could and ran with it, fair fcuks to them too, JBM has always got the best out of this team when it really matters. I expect it to be tight with 7/8 mins to go and a 21 yard free to Cork, well you know the rest.....

With the injuries and suspensions in Waterford, you get the impression they'd be happy for a good performance, not get blown off the park and to regroup for a run at the qualifiers.

Hard to see Cork not winning with 5 or 6 to spare although they may need to tighten up defensively as it was their achilles heal last year.

Aidan Walsh making his hurling championship debut, he was unreal in an U-21 hurling game I watched a few years back, but this is senior..

AZOffaly

Quote from: johnneycool on May 23, 2014, 12:39:41 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 22, 2014, 06:41:09 PM

With the injuries and suspensions in Waterford, you get the impression they'd be happy for a good performance, not get blown off the park and to regroup for a run at the qualifiers.

Hard to see Cork not winning with 5 or 6 to spare although they may need to tighten up defensively as it was their achilles heal last year.

Aidan Walsh making his hurling championship debut, he was unreal in an U-21 hurling game I watched a few years back, but this is senior..

That was the Limerick - Cork Munster Final in Limerick a few years ago I'd say. He was brilliant that night, absolutely stellar, but Cork still lost after extra time I think. That was a game for the ages.

johnneycool

I had Clare in my head, but you could be right.

CorkMan

It was Limerick in the Gaelic Grounds in 2011. I remember toward the end of normal time Walsh caught a puckout in the middle of the field, turned and hit the equaliser, that was an unbelievable point. He didn't really stand out during the league and he might be better off in the forwards than midfield but sure we'll see on Sunday. Harnedy at 14 is a genius move imo. He is the ball winner they need in the fill forward line but I have a suspicion Conor Lehane could end up playing there with Harnedy wing forward. In fairness Cork's defense is looking better this year. Mark Ellis is a serious talent and Cahalane and Eoin Cadogan returning add more depth to the backline. The most exciting thing about Cork on Sunday, though is Alan Cadogan who looks a serious talent and really caught the eye during the league (in fairness that was division 1b) and I'm looking forwardbto seeing him against better opposition.

I don't really know much about Waterford but from what I've been reading I expect Cork to come through with a few points to spare.

Premier Emperor

I can't see Waterford getting with 8 points of Cork.

Zulu

I don't think Cork are great though the footballers might push them a bit but I'd expect them to win this comfortably.

Hotshot Hamish

Maybe true, but they were also unlucky not to win the All Ireland.

Rossfan

Will this year's Hurling Championship be the greatest ever or will it just be fantastic and excellent :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on May 24, 2014, 10:50:53 PM
Will this year's Hurling Championship be the greatest ever or will it just be fantastic and excellent :D

As long as it's better than the Rossies showing in football championship ;D ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

maigheo

who is tired of Marty going on about the dechie already?

Asal Mor

Quote from: maigheo on May 25, 2014, 04:05:00 PM
who is tired of Marty going on about the dechie already?

Very promising and impressive from Waterford. Only some over ambitious shooting left the door open for Cork, who as we saw last year can bang in a few quick goals. Gleeson looks a phenomenal talent.