Nicest Crisps?

Started by fred the red, February 08, 2009, 09:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Square Ball on June 10, 2022, 11:58:22 AM
Two answers here. Inside a sarnie Tayto cheese and onion, and just to eat, McCoy's flame grilled.
You can stay.

Another fan of King's Cheese and Onion.

rrhf

Quote from: J70 on June 10, 2022, 01:15:39 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on June 08, 2022, 04:10:16 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 08, 2022, 01:55:48 PM
Our local Irish supermarket in Queens has been carrying Keoghs the last few years.

The (American) wife loves them!

World Market does them and they are lovely. Costco had a mega bag of cheese and onion at Christmas which was hid from the kids and devoured!
Are lays not walkers.

Have you ever had those Hawaiian Maui onion crisps? Not a bad alternative when I don't have any from home

I think my missus got those Costco ones at Christmas also!

I've had the Hawaiian ones too. Seriously nice.

I like a lot of the American "chips" too. Lays are too greasy for my taste, but there are plenty of decent options, especially the mega bag brands that Costco does.

HiMucker

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 10, 2022, 09:24:46 AM
salt and vinegar minichips(KP)
Beaut but I find them a bit like popcorn, that you can't pick up enough or shove enough in your mouth at the right pace to satisfy you.

Truth hurts

Do Perri still do crisps? I mind years ago Perri pub crisps were sour cream and onion and were unreal.

no mention of wotsits?

gawa316

Quote from: HiMucker on June 10, 2022, 03:41:28 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on June 10, 2022, 09:24:46 AM
salt and vinegar minichips(KP)
Beaut but I find them a bit like popcorn, that you can't pick up enough or shove enough in your mouth at the right pace to satisfy you.

This is very true and then you usually puncture the roof of your mouth at least once every bag...still love them though!

quit yo jibbajabba

M&S 4 cheese combo boyos?

Other than that tayto/mccoys cheese and onion.

Can you tell i like cheese? But will eat most tbh. Part of the problem....

Hat tip to earlier poster who had the old tayto with a hang sandwich. In me school days also remember salt and vinegar going surprisingly well with tuna sambos. Youre welcome 😎😃

laoislad

Quote from: Truth hurts on June 10, 2022, 03:48:08 PM
Do Perri still do crisps? I mind years ago Perri pub crisps were sour cream and onion and were unreal.

no mention of wotsits?
Perri Prawn Cocktail were lovely.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

lurganblue

Perri seems to be having a resurgence at the minute.  Even the classic Banshee Bones are doing the rounds

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: gawa316 on June 08, 2022, 04:10:16 PMHave you ever had those Hawaiian Maui onion crisps? Not a bad alternative when I don't have any from home

Yep - they are great.

Farmer Brown's were made in Lurgan I believe

gawa316

Quote from: J70 on June 10, 2022, 01:15:39 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on June 08, 2022, 04:10:16 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 08, 2022, 01:55:48 PM
Our local Irish supermarket in Queens has been carrying Keoghs the last few years.

The (American) wife loves them!

World Market does them and they are lovely. Costco had a mega bag of cheese and onion at Christmas which was hid from the kids and devoured!

Have you ever had those Hawaiian Maui onion crisps? Not a bad alternative when I don't have any from home

I think my missus got those Costco ones at Christmas also!

I've had the Hawaiian ones too. Seriously nice.

I like a lot of the American "chips" too. Lays are too greasy for my taste, but there are plenty of decent options, especially the mega bag brands that Costco does.

Have to say US crisps on the whole aren't a patch on ones from back home...flavors are strangely limited to plain, cheese, sour cream & chive, & BBQ flavors, with everything getting the flaming hot option. Bit more salt & vinegar in the market now but you can't get meat flavor for love nor money. Lays will bring out some of those random ones like taco flavor and Trader Joe's does their Thanksgiving turkey and stuffing ones buts that's about it. We have Aldi here now so they have a few strange options as well.

Another classic from pack home was Postman Pat sausage and bean and if memory serves me right their prawn cocktail hit the spot

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on June 10, 2022, 05:55:07 PM
Only Salt & Vinegar and Spring Onion flavours do it for me. I rather like the Golden Wonder Spring Onion crisps but they're very hard to get in the shops so I occasionally buy a box of them on eBay. Walkers Baked S&V are nice too, not bad for a "low fat" crisp.
Desperation is setting in when you're buying boxes off the Internet!

quit yo jibbajabba

Ringos! Had they disappeared for years then made a comeback of sorts?

Onion rings also

trueblue1234

The red And green High fives were powerful in their day.

Am I imagining it or were they 5p a bag at one point?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

gawa316

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 10, 2022, 06:29:37 PM
Ringos! Had they disappeared for years then made a comeback of sorts?

Onion rings also

Loved the original Ringos, especially the cheese and onion