PJ picks his Super 8

Started by GalwayBayBoy, April 10, 2018, 04:06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westbound

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 12, 2018, 05:12:03 PM
The jury is out on this super 8. We will know this summer what it has to offer. Personally, I see it  for what it is a revenue junket to get extra home games for the biggest supported (and most catered for county) Dublin. It does nothing for my own county but add more expense and travel over the month of July on Mayo supporters (if we qualify).  Also asking Amateur players to go out and play what will probably be three intense games over three weekends shows lack of regard for the players.

Isn't it just one extra home game for Dublin?

Isn't it over 4 weekends?

I don't disagree with your overall point though.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: westbound on April 13, 2018, 02:37:21 PM
The jury is out on this super 8. We will know this summer what it has to offer. Personally, I see it  for what it is a revenue junket to get extra home games for the biggest supported (and most catered for county) Dublin. It does nothing for my own county but add more expense and travel over the month of July on Mayo supporters (if we qualify).  Also asking Amateur players to go out and play what will probably be three intense games over three weekends shows lack of regard for the players.

Correct on both counts. And sure Mayo people were happy last year travelling all over the country - well some on mayoblog were anyway.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 13, 2018, 04:57:34 PM
Quote from: westbound on April 13, 2018, 02:37:21 PM

Correct on both counts. And sure Mayo people were happy last year travelling all over the country - well some on mayoblog were anyway.

But why is it that travelling is enforced on one set of supporters? Why are Dublin so special? Why? Why can you not see this? Why? Is it a GAA thing that is just accepted? Is it?

I know plenty of Mayo people who were well pissed with all the travelling, especially the Roscommon replay!

Orchard park

He would be more pissed if ye didn't  have a replay to take psrt in