Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: maggie on February 17, 2023, 08:54:15 PM
Thinking of going to a Eurocamp in Nice in the summer-first time. Will have two under 8 with us..not sure if we should hire a car though if all we need is there on the campsite. Any of you wise ones offer any advice. I wouldn't be keen on driving over there myself tbh.

Fly to Nice and head to Frejus.. some cracking sites there and central to places around there. Le Baume was one and another not too far from it was pretty good
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rois

Driving in France is grand Maggie. I think you will want to escape if you aren't within walking distance of a town. I didn't love our Eurocamp experience at Lake Garda (think France would be nicer, for some reason), but it was so good to be within walking distance of a town and railway station.

An Watcher

Did a eurocamp in France with a car and it was great being able to escape the camp every now and then.  Did a eurocamp in Italy without a car and have to say I didn't like being limited to just the park.  Back to France this year with a car!! Everyone's different and it is nice to not have the added stress of a car but I think you do miss out a little

LeoMc

It will very much depend upon the camp itself, what amenities it has on site and how close it is to a beach, town, shops.
If it has everything you need within walking/ cycling distance the car might be redundant but if you are an hour from the airport, 30 minutes from the town and have only a 'convenience' shop on site you would be very restricted without one.

Mickey Linden

Started looking at holidays this week. Have 3 boys between 8 and 4. We are restricted to go on school holidays as wife a teacher. Genuinely shocked at how expensive it is. Talking 5k for week in Spain. Anyone else finding the prices to be mad? We went to florida last year and it was a fortune but expect that. I just had it my head that likes of spain and portugal would be a lot cheaper

tyrone08

Quote from: Mickey Linden on February 18, 2023, 06:27:55 PM
Started looking at holidays this week. Have 3 boys between 8 and 4. We are restricted to go on school holidays as wife a teacher. Genuinely shocked at how expensive it is. Talking 5k for week in Spain. Anyone else finding the prices to be mad? We went to florida last year and it was a fortune but expect that. I just had it my head that likes of spain and portugal would be a lot cheaper

Do you mind me asking if how much roughly florida was. Thinking about heading there in next year or 2

An Watcher

Try some cheaper alternatives to eurocamp such as canvas

thewobbler

Price of air fares to anywhere on the continent  is through the roof, that's the main problem.

Milltown Row2

Phone the camps directly and there are also privately owned vans that rent them out
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mickey Linden

Quote from: tyrone08 on February 18, 2023, 06:32:20 PM

Do you mind me asking if how much roughly florida was. Thinking about heading there in next year or 2

i think we got a package deal of hotel and flights for about 6k. The issue is the money when u spend when you are there. Park tickets are expensive and then food etc on top. The weak pound doenst help. We had a great time all the same

LeoMc

I was looking there for the past few days,everything seems to be about 60-80% up on last year.

gawa316

Anyone ever been to Daytona Beach? Have to go to Orlando for work in July and can get a decent deal to stay at Daytona Beach for the wife and me, so just wondering if it's any good? Things to do? Restaurants etc?

Gold

Anyone any recommendations around Lake Garda, Verona, Venice?

Booked flights to Verona for next month but no accommodation yet
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 08, 2023, 07:25:47 PM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on February 08, 2023, 03:47:54 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 08, 2023, 03:24:45 PM
Quote from: smort on February 08, 2023, 03:23:19 PM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on February 08, 2023, 03:03:29 PM
Has anyone been to Sicily? What are the best areas to stay.

Would highly recommend Syracuse, especially the old town, Ortigia. Taormina, Agrigento, Palermo all very good too

Weather, food, history...it has it all

Flights into Palermo, but would like to hit somewhere else, Tony was on talking about it also...

Just seen that now, only flights from Ireland are into Palermo, I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of hiring a car. Just somewhere to spend a relaxing week or so with maybe the odd day trip. Taormina does look good though.
Do a bit of research and keep me posted.  ;)

We are ditching the weans this year which is a bonus as dont need to fond things to keep them occupied.

Flights and a week in Cefalù booked. Hopefully will fit in a day trip to Palermo and Agrigento.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 19, 2023, 09:28:28 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 08, 2023, 07:25:47 PM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on February 08, 2023, 03:47:54 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 08, 2023, 03:24:45 PM
Quote from: smort on February 08, 2023, 03:23:19 PM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on February 08, 2023, 03:03:29 PM
Has anyone been to Sicily? What are the best areas to stay.

Would highly recommend Syracuse, especially the old town, Ortigia. Taormina, Agrigento, Palermo all very good too

Weather, food, history...it has it all

Flights into Palermo, but would like to hit somewhere else, Tony was on talking about it also...

Just seen that now, only flights from Ireland are into Palermo, I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of hiring a car. Just somewhere to spend a relaxing week or so with maybe the odd day trip. Taormina does look good though.
Do a bit of research and keep me posted.  ;)

We are ditching the weans this year which is a bonus as dont need to fond things to keep them occupied.

Flights and a week in Cefalù booked. Hopefully will fit in a day trip to Palermo and Agrigento.
Tell me more. Who you flying with? Hiring a car or public transport for internal travel? I like the options with public transport but my hankering for wine or beer during the day is hard to overcome.