Muineachán v Baile Átha Cliath - AIQF

Started by Maguire01, August 03, 2014, 12:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Good bit of deflecting from the "Coaching STAFF" issue lads  ;) Well done.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

heffo

Quote from: Rossfan on August 08, 2014, 05:07:05 PM

Firstly post the link to the quote then please give us a euphemism for the position of John Evans.

Syferus

Quote from: heffo on August 08, 2014, 05:12:22 PM

Firstly post the link to the quote then please give us a euphemism for the position of John Evans.

Can't believe the Dubs are actually going on the offensive on the financial battleground.

Lads, this is about the only thing ye can't win this year.

Rossfan

I heard Gavin say that on the RTE radio sports bulletin last night at 11.05 pm.
John Evans is the Team Manager. He gets expenses in accordance with the official going rate. I expect he gets fed like the rest of our volunteers involved in County teams. I expect he gets expenses when coming to watch club games to try and spot a bit of talent.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The Aristocrat

Quote from: Rossfan on August 08, 2014, 05:31:45 PM

I heard Gavin say that on the RTE radio sports bulletin last night at 11.05 pm.
John Evans is the Team Manager. He gets expenses in accordance with the official going rate. I expect he gets fed like the rest of our volunteers involved in County teams. I expect he gets expenses when coming to watch club games to try and spot a bit of talent.

Sure he does!

Lets not turn this into a Dont Matter thread again. At least wait for the match to be over and then you all can say that it was Dublins finances that won them the game, resources, Cooked meals, warm showers, M50, Ipads, development squads and then the Dubs will defend each post and so on and so on.

Im off to train kids (Free of charge as a Volunteer with no mileage fee) at the last of our summer hurling evening camps.

Enjoy the match all.

Dont Matter, il talk to you Saturday night xxx

Captain Obvious

Monaghan looked a tired team when they overcame kildare in extra time. They could have done with another weeks rest however they should still give Dublin a better game than any in Leinster did this summer.

armaghniac

We'll see how Dublin performs in a cold shower tomorrow, Monaghan put in a training session for this last week.

If there are any true Monaghan faithful out there, you can get 120/1 on Befair for the All Ireland, which isn't bad for playing 3 games!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

babarino

A bit of pre-match nerves about this one. Last time I felt like this before a game was pre-Ulster Final 2013 and the lads calmed them on the throw in.

I'd feel a lot happier with Lennon fit as he's the best fielder we have. We're pulling players in to compensate for his absence since he went off in the League Final against Donegal with a dodgy ankle. Our last big performance.

No doubt we'll give it a lash. There is a better performance in us than has been shown in the championship to date. McManus looks to be back to himself and our leaders will really relish this challenge.

I've enjoyed league games against Dublin in Parnell Park, among true Dubs, but witnessed a recent mauling of Derry in the League Final. Underdogs do have their day, so here's hoping we see a GAA equivalent of Ireland v Italy USA '94. 

Thisonegoesto11

Quote from: armaghniac on August 08, 2014, 08:11:25 PM
We'll see how Dublin performs in a cold shower tomorrow, Monaghan put in a training session for this last week.

If there are any true Monaghan faithful out there, you can get 120/1 on Befair for the All Ireland, which isn't bad for playing 3 games!

Imagine Dublin have trained in the rain the odd time though . Not always tropical weather down in the capital.  :)

Thisonegoesto11

Quote from: babarino on August 08, 2014, 09:03:19 PM
A bit of pre-match nerves about this one. Last time I felt like this before a game was pre-Ulster Final 2013 and the lads calmed them on the throw in.

I'd feel a lot happier with Lennon fit as he's the best fielder we have. We're pulling players in to compensate for his absence since he went off in the League Final against Donegal with a dodgy ankle. Our last big performance.

No doubt we'll give it a lash. There is a better performance in us than has been shown in the championship to date. McManus looks to be back to himself and our leaders will really relish this challenge.

I've enjoyed league games against Dublin in Parnell Park, among true Dubs, but witnessed a recent mauling of Derry in the League Final. Underdogs do have their day, so here's hoping we see a GAA equivalent of Ireland v Italy USA '94.

Ye are in an all ireland QF as underdogs so nothing to lose. Agree Monaghan can play better than last two games but  least ye have had tough games.

Us Dubs are hoping it goes to form. No certainities in knock out football so we will be cautious until we see how the game unfolds...

The Hill is Blue

Come rain or shine tomorrow - best of luck to the Dubs.

Rain did not cause us any problems in 2011 QF when we hammered Tyrone.

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/1/0608111818-dublin-v-tyrone-report/
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Hound

Quote from: Thisonegoesto11 on August 08, 2014, 12:43:24 PM
Quote from: dubsfantom on August 07, 2014, 09:44:48 PM
Dublin team for Saturday

Cluxton
Mick Fitz
ROC
Phily
Nicky D
Cooper
Jamsey
Cian
MDMA
Flynn
Kev Mc
Dermo
Alan B
EO'G
Berno

Reckon 13 of the 15 will start. Think Jack McCaffrey will start and EOG will be kept as impact sub.
I don't think Gavin trusts McCaffrey defensively after the semi and final last year. If we were playing Mayo or Kerry, I think it'd be very unlikely that Jack would start. Though he'd have more of a chance of playing versus a defensive team where you might get more room. In any event, in games he doesnt start he'll see action when the game opens up.

Personally I'd always hold one of O'Gara or KevMac back as they both offer something completely different. I think either Rock or Costello will start instead of EOG.

Fuzzman

I don't think Monaghan are going to win but I think they're gonna give the Dubs a damn good battle of swarm, fighting for every ball, lack of respect and really get in their faces.
I can't see them ask questions of how disciplined the Dubs are. If they can take MDMA out of the game they remove the power house heartbeat of this team.

If they try to play football and outscore them then forget it.something I've noticed at all Dubs game this year, watch how often they force forwards to shoot from the right corner.

Michael Schmeichal

Quote from: Rossfan on August 08, 2014, 03:33:33 PM
Quote from: Michael Schmeichal on August 08, 2014, 01:24:42 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 08, 2014, 10:50:46 AM

PS - I heard Jin Gavin refer to Dublin's "coaching staff" yesterday. Doesn't staff mean paid employees?
Where's Don't Matter when you need him?

Do you reckon John Evans is driving up from Kerry to manage your lot because he likes the beautiful boggy Roscommon scenery. And what about John Maughan and Tommy Carr?

Glasshouses!
We can't afford STAFF End of story. We certainly can't afford 5 bucks with laptops for our U21s like one big County can( hint - they won the U21 AI this year).
Johneen Evans gets EXPENSES as provided for in GAA rules.
Our Bus is "cost neutral".
I dont mind slagging etc but the mention of the 2 Army Bucks is a step too far.

Expenses my hole! I doubt even you believe that and by the way it wasn't the laptops that kicked 2-20 in the first half of the A Ireland u21 Final.

fearsiuil

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 09, 2014, 12:21:59 AM
I don't think Monaghan are going to win but I think they're gonna give the Dubs a damn good battle of swarm, fighting for every ball, lack of respect and really get in their faces.
I can't see them ask questions of how disciplined the Dubs are. If they can take MDMA out of the game they remove the power house heartbeat of this team.

If they try to play football and outscore them then forget it.something I've noticed at all Dubs game this year, watch how often they force forwards to shoot from the right corner.
MDMA gets away with throwing his weight about the pitch unpunished more than any player I remember, maybe today the Monaghan boys will get under his skin and he will see red?