GAA Referees

Started by Wildweasel74, August 10, 2014, 05:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: hardstation on August 10, 2014, 06:39:10 PM
FWIW, Kilkenny could have had a man red carded for pulling the Limerick forward back by the face guard. Shit happens. I certainly prefer the pundits focussing on the positives of a game rather than silly wee things, of which dozens could be argued by either side.

Especially after a fantastic game in horrible conditions where the players deserve a huge amount of credit. I suppose others like to gurn.

Pointing out a glaringly obvious issue isn't equal to not giving the players credit. Again, pundits or viewers aren't cheerleaders. Ignoring something and just giving pats on the back is a problem just as what Spillane and company do is.

sylvieslynanesnutsack

Same referee made a bigger howler this season against Antrim and the decision cost Antrim a place in the next round.

AZOffaly

Quote from: hardstation on August 10, 2014, 06:08:39 PM
Meh, not for me. It was a trip more than a strike.
It was a yellow. Indeed, up until this year it was a yellow in football too. That was until one of the football pundits totally embarrassed himself with a pathetic hissy fit and character assassination live on tv which lead to a rule change.

I'm sorry but I know which type of punditry I would prefer in our games.

Point of order. The rule change was already passed before Brollys rant.  It was just a handy "I told you so" for him.

Collie Brolly

It was a yellow. Indeed, up until this year it was a yellow in football too. That was until one of the football pundits totally embarrassed himself with a pathetic hissy fit and character assassination live on tv which lead to a rule change.

Time for a "Hard" history lesson son.Congress vote in the black card in Spring 2013.
Brollys rant was in August the same year.

johnneycool

Quote from: Collie Brolly on August 18, 2014, 04:53:07 PM

Time for a "Hard" history lesson son.Congress vote in the black card in Spring 2013.
Brollys rant was in August the same year.

Question for the lads who know the rules of football better than me even if its hurling related;

Donal O'Grady had already been yellow carded before his cynical trip on Richie Power, which in football would have been a black card. As he already had a yellow, could he have been replaced then using the football rules?

AZOffaly

No, a yellow card, followed by a black is the equivalent of two yellows, i.e. a Red.