Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esmarelda

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on July 09, 2018, 10:21:26 PM
Watched Sicario last night, exceptional film , great performances from Blunt, Broliin and Del Torro, sequel out  in cinema at the minute as well
Really? I thought it was average. I thought the director strangely put Blunt at the centre of the film but then made her character largely weak. The performances were good but it didn't leave a lasting impression on me, at least not a positive one.

HiMucker

Wind River.  Watched it again last night.  Great show

nrico2006

Quote from: Esmarelda on July 10, 2018, 08:13:36 AM
Watched Sicario last night, exceptional film , great performances from Blunt, Broliin and Del Torro, sequel out  in cinema at the minute as well
Really? I thought it was average. I thought the director strangely put Blunt at the centre of the film but then made her character largely weak. The performances were good but it didn't leave a lasting impression on me, at least not a positive one.

Same here. Very forgettable film.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Rawhide

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 10, 2018, 09:35:16 AM

There you go, opinions differ. I went to it in the cinema when it waqs first released, loved it.
cccc is a true supporter lol

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: Rawhide on July 10, 2018, 01:49:17 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on July 10, 2018, 09:35:16 AM

There you go, opinions differ. I went to it in the cinema when it waqs first released, loved it.
Yep each  to their own and all that

Tony Baloney

The first Sicario movie was very good and I'll watch the second one even though it has universally had less glowing reviews than the first one.

johnnycool

I thought that was the point, Blunts character was being built up as some sort of wannabe super agent/cop and ultimately she was used in a subplot to assassinate these warlords behind enemy lines.
Del Torro as good as ever.

Might need to watch the first again before getting to see the sequel.

Jayop

Tried to watch Sicario at the weekend but the sound kept going on it on my IPTV player so I gave up. Will try again.

Watched Ready Player One last week and it was such a good film and outdone all my expectations.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Jayop on July 10, 2018, 03:17:07 PM
Tried to watch Sicario at the weekend but the sound kept going on it on my IPTV player so I gave up. Will try again.

Watched Ready Player One last week and it was such a good film and outdone all my expectations.

Loved Ready Player One too. Anyone who loves 80s and 90s pop culture will enjoy it.

So many background references.

It was like a modern day Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Dinny Breen

A Quite Place

Solid 7/10. Would have been higher only for the ending.
#newbridgeornowhere

blewuporstuffed

I watched Calibre on netflix at the weekend.
Thought it was pretty good.
Some really good performances

7.5/10
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tony Baloney

Incredibles 2 is very good for older children, I would say small children would get less out of it (8.5/10).

I watched Eye In The Sky on Netflix and it was much better than I thought it would be (7.5/10).

Tony Baloney

I'm giving a strong 9/10 to MI: Fallout.

Main Street

Welcome to New York  - 2014 , Gerard Depardieu plays the part of Strauss Khan  the IMF chief and possible French presidential candidate infamously accused of sexual assault against a hotel maid. It's a savage, no holds barred depiction of the predator. Depardieu is superb and fat, really fat. The film is more of a docudrama, very well edited. Naturally the film was the subject of the French snub and generally treated as toxic.

JimStynes

Quote from: Main Street on July 29, 2018, 10:45:04 AM
Welcome to New York  - 2014 , Gerard Depardieu plays the part of Strauss Khan  the IMF chief and possible French presidential candidate infamously accused of sexual assault against a hotel maid. It's a savage, no holds barred depiction of the predator. Depardieu is superb and fat, really fat. The film is more of a docudrama, very well edited. Naturally the film was the subject of the French snub and generally treated as toxic.

Sounds decent. Where'd you watch it?