Investments

Started by illdecide, December 11, 2017, 03:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Guys are any of you involved in the Stock Market or any other investments...I was going to go to Armagh City Hotel tonight for a seminar on this new Dascoin thing that's all the rage, was going to invest £1k in it but when i read into it there it wasn't as plain sailing as i thought. The guy explaining it to me on Friday night could have sold snow to the Eskimos and had me but a few hours today on the PC has changed my tune...
I know this Bitcoin is all the rage and Dascoin is supposed to replace it as the new dogs bollocks but from my research it sounds like a few guys are using Bitcoin as their template to start this Dascoin which looks nothing like Bitcoin...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

rosnarun

i would reckon its a complete gamble . it could make you a millionaire or it may not catch on and lose you 1K could you handle that ?
even bitcoin's future is far from secure and I suspect its a hugely inflated bubble at the moment .
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

bannside

Put dascoin into an internet search and it looks like an MLM scheme.

screenexile

Yeah looks dodge if you ask me ... there are plemty of cryptocurrencies out there that are reputable but anything where you don't get money until you encourage others to sign up makes me very wary!

OgraAnDun

Wouldn't touch it with a bargepole, there's so many ICOs at the minute that I just can't see it being sustainable in the long term.

J70

Quote from: screenexile on December 11, 2017, 04:07:36 PM
Yeah looks dodge if you ask me ... there are plemty of cryptocurrencies out there that are reputable but anything where you don't get money until you encourage others to sign up makes me very wary!

Have people not learned anything from Madoff??

illdecide

Yeah i already cancelled my lift up to Armagh this evening, far to many negatives for me.

TBH i wouldn't mind dipping my toe in the stock market though at some stage (more for an interest) nothing major just a few quid for a bit of craic
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

J70

Plenty of legitimate companies out there to invest in.

Mickey Linden

Go up to Tommy Frenchs and put all the money you can afford on Dublin to win the All Ireland in 2018 at 11/10. They simply wont be beat. Granted you will have to wait 9 months for your return but nothing on the stock market offers anywhere near the same ROI.

mrhardyannual

Anybody want to comment on legitimacy of Onecoin/OneLife

screenexile

Quote from: mrhardyannual on December 11, 2017, 05:21:39 PM
Anybody want to comment on legitimacy of Onecoin/OneLife

Wikipedia seems to have it covered . . .

QuoteOneCoin is a Ponzi scheme promoted as a cryptocoin with a private blockchain.

Franko

Rule 1.

If they mention getting more money for signing up others, run a mile.

I once went and listened to two jokers explaining an investment scheme built around the buying and selling of pieces of art.

After listening a while I commented to the main guy giving the presentation that the only way you could lose money at this was if everyone realised it was a pyramid scheme and pulled their money out.  This suggestion got him quite irate so he started to explain quite forcefully that this was not a pyramid scheme and that he would clarify again how it worked just in case.

Step one of this explanation was to get out a pen and draw a load of diverging triangles on a flip chart...

I left.

bannside

I have two or three litecoin somewhere in a litecoin wallet from mining we did back in 2013. Gave up on it as for months it wasn't making any gains at all, and we packed it in. They're worth €140US dollars today and will probably keep going at which stage I need to try and find them!

A business partner at the time was much more clued up than me on the whole thing and thought we should mine for Litecoin as it was like the change compared to Bitcoin which was the big notes. To be fair he wasn't far away, but we didn't stick at it.

gallsman

Litecoin has been going up steadily all year and ballooned in the last week.

trileacman

Dashcoin is a pure scam. Stay clear.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014