5 Sams - RIP

Started by brokencrossbar1, December 02, 2017, 04:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

RIP. I know nothing about him, but the tributes on here from those who did, he obviously was a good genuine person. Someone else mentioned the same thing, the way this board is a community in itself and he will be missed.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

trileacman

Didn't know him personally but came across as an insightful, measured and rational individual. Attributes found in ever decreasing quantities on the board and in society in general. A loss to all of us here and no doubt a greater loss to his circle of family and friends.

As an aside it's great to see so many boards stalwarts, many of whom I haven't noticed posting in a while, comment on the thread. It has that same strange effect as when you attend a funeral or wake and see faces that you'd long since forgotten.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

macdanger2

stew

Desperately sad to hear about this, we knew people that knew us both and by all accounts he was a great lad, very sad to hear of his passing!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Well

Gold

I'm on this over 10 years id say although longer as a lurker. I'm mostly into Antrim football but have always followed his posts. A gentleman
RIP
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

rosnarun

RIP 5Sams

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam dílis.

If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

oakleaflad

I did not know 5 Sams personally but he came across as a gentleman. His posts always seemed well reasoned and enjoyed him in the music/songs thread. From the stories on here he took time to help others out and seemed like a truly great person. RIP.

GJL

Just looked back through my messages and realised I had a few PM conversations with him about his car. Seemed a nice guy. RIP.

Aristo 60

I too had a few email conversations with him and all about Down of course. I didn't know him in life but from his emails he was, like me, a Down optimist.

RIP 5 Sams

passedit

Quote from: Asal Mor on December 04, 2017, 02:36:19 PM
When I moved back from China to Ireland and my wife and daughter were still there, awaiting visas , passports etc, there was a problem with my daughter's passport application and I needed a new form quickly but couldn't get one in the Republic as it's a form for non-Irish residents. I stuck a thread on here asking for help from the northern posters and Paddy/5 Sams was the first to reply. Told me to to pm my address and he posted the form the next morning. A small but very kind and very important favor that I'll always remember. I never met the man but he seemed a real gent. I'd been thinking lately that I must pm him again to wish him a Happy xmas and tell him how well my daughter is doing in Ireland. Rest in peace Paddy.

Quote from: The Iceman on December 04, 2017, 09:03:22 PM
he was a good man. helped me out 10 years ago when we were launching a business back home and in England..nothing in it for him either - just a good fella.
RIP

You couldn't really get a better epitaph than these posts. Condolences to his clubmates and mates on here.
Don't Panic

downredblack

Very sorry to hear this news . RIP 5 Sams and condolences to his family and Club .

tonto1888

maggie

Very sorry to hear this.
RIP 5 Sams

Muck Savage

Sad to hear this, always a good read when he posted. RIP