Author Topic: 5 Sams - RIP  (Read 3010 times)

The Iceman

• Here comes the Pain
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Sams - RIP
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2017, 09:03:22 PM »
he was a good man. helped me out 10 years ago when we were launching a business back home and in England..nothing in it for him either - just a good fella.
RIP
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Farrandeelin

• Hey buckaroo! How are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2017, 10:03:06 PM »
RIP. I know nothing about him, but the tributes on here from those who did, he obviously was a good genuine person. Someone else mentioned the same thing, the way this board is a community in itself and he will be missed.
The woman in red has the car parked on the slope.

trileacman

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2017, 10:25:48 PM »
Didn’t know him personally but came across as an insightful, measured and rational individual. Attributes found in ever decreasing quantities on the board and in society in general. A loss to all of us here and no doubt a greater loss to his circle of family and friends.

As an aside it’s great to see so many boards stalwarts, many of whom I haven’t noticed posting in a while, comment on the thread. It has that same strange effect as when you attend a funeral or wake and see faces that you’d long since forgotten.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

macdanger2

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2017, 11:23:37 PM »
RIP, sad news

stew

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2017, 12:04:18 AM »
Desperately sad to hear about this, we knew people that knew us both and by all accounts he was a great lad, very sad to hear of his passing!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Well

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2017, 12:37:17 AM »
Rest in peace

Gold

• talk is cheap but it takes money to buy hot dogs..
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2017, 12:48:18 AM »
I'm on this over 10 years id say although longer as a lurker. I'm mostly into Antrim football but have always followed his posts. A gentleman
RIP
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

rosnarun

• Maigheo Abú
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2017, 09:35:44 AM »
RIP 5Sams

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam dílis.

If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

oakleaflad

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2017, 09:41:06 AM »
I did not know 5 Sams personally but he came across as a gentleman. His posts always seemed well reasoned and enjoyed him in the music/songs thread. From the stories on here he took time to help others out and seemed like a truly great person. RIP.

GJL

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2017, 10:32:27 AM »
Just looked back through my messages and realised I had a few PM conversations with him about his car. Seemed a nice guy. RIP.

Aristo 60

• There's no goal like a Down goal!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 05, 2017, 11:10:12 AM »

I too had a few email conversations with him and all about Down of course. I didn't know him in life but from his emails he was, like me, a Down optimist.

RIP 5 Sams

passedit

• Remember 1960
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2017, 11:14:26 AM »
When I moved back from China to Ireland and my wife and daughter were still there, awaiting visas , passports etc, there was a problem with my daughter's passport application and I needed a new form quickly but couldn't get one in the Republic as it's a form for non-Irish residents. I stuck a thread on here asking for help from the northern posters and Paddy/5 Sams was the first to reply. Told me to to pm my address and he posted the form the next morning. A small but very kind and very important favor that I'll always remember. I never met the man but he seemed a real gent. I'd been thinking lately that I must pm him again to wish him a Happy xmas and tell him how well my daughter is doing in Ireland. Rest in peace Paddy.

he was a good man. helped me out 10 years ago when we were launching a business back home and in England..nothing in it for him either - just a good fella.
RIP

You couldn't really get a better epitaph than these posts. Condolences to his clubmates and mates on here.
Don't Panic

downredblack

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2017, 11:54:10 AM »
Very sorry to hear this news . RIP 5 Sams and condolences to his family and Club .

tonto1888

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2017, 03:13:19 PM »
Sad to hear this. RIP

maggie

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2017, 07:40:58 PM »
Very sorry to hear this.
RIP 5 Sams