TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiffler

Bandersnatch - interesting concept, decent viewing.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Ball Hopper

Anybody watching London Irish...same writer as Derry Girls.

Episode 1  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzj25hq2eG4

galwayman

Quote from: Smokin Joe on December 20, 2018, 06:50:50 PM
Quote from: gallsman on December 18, 2018, 11:14:10 PM
Loving Season 4 of The Bureau. Particularly relevant at the minute as heavily focused on cyber espionage.

How do you watch this gallsman?
If you have a VPN you can watch The Bureau via SBS On Demand online which is free to watch if you are in Australia (hence the VPN requirement).
I downloaded the SBS app to my phone and watched it on that (only just started season 1).

michaelg

Quote from: galwayman on December 30, 2018, 09:55:48 AM
Loving Season 4 of The Bureau. Particularly relevant at the minute as heavily focused on cyber espionage.

If you have a VPN you can watch The Bureau via SBS On Demand online which is free to watch if you are in Australia (hence the VPN requirement).
I downloaded the SBS app to my phone and watched it on that (only just started season 1).
The Bros documentary, still on the BBC i-player, is worth a watch.  The Office / Spinal Tap spring to mind.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: michaelg on December 30, 2018, 10:19:11 AM

The Bros documentary, still on the BBC i-player, is worth a watch.  The Office / Spinal Tap spring to mind.
Cheers forgot all about this. I have read reviews with people saying it's one of the (unintentionally) funniest things they have seen in ages.

themac_23

Just finished season one of sneaky Pete on amazon prime, quite enjoyable, the main character in it is quite good and the story line decent. There's a second season but dunno if it'll be anywhere near as good but I'll prob give it a go anyway

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: themac_23 on December 30, 2018, 10:41:02 AM
Just finished season one of sneaky Pete on amazon prime, quite enjoyable, the main character in it is quite good and the story line decent. There's a second season but dunno if it'll be anywhere near as good but I'll prob give it a go anyway

Second season is pretty  poor.

bennydorano

The Expanse S3, still top class Sci-fi.

Seems to have been uncancelled and picked up by Amazon👌

screenexile

Quote from: michaelg on December 30, 2018, 10:19:11 AM

I'd say more Partridge ... definitely watchable if you get a chance you'll laugh your head off!!

"I made a conscious decision because of Stevie Wonder not to be superstitious!"

Tony Baloney

Partridge is due back in Feb on BBC 1 so the Beeb must have a lot of faith in it.

Ball Hopper

Catching up on Billions Season 3 this month.  Good show.

Insane Bolt

Watching Peaky Blinders again.....love it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on December 29, 2018, 09:34:02 AM
i have started watching 'You' on Netflix.
Started off ok, but its got a bit silly already a few episodes in

Thought it was great viewing!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lurganblue

Watched the 4 new episodes of Luther. Enjoyed them. Much the same as before which is not a bad thing.

screenexile

Quote from: lurganblue on January 06, 2019, 02:51:35 PM
Watched the 4 new episodes of Luther. Enjoyed them. Much the same as before which is not a bad thing.

If it isn't broken why fix it!!

Totally agree very enjoyable.