The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteDavid Amoo was the goalscoring hero as Liverpool Under-18s booked their place in the FA Youth Cup quarter-finals with a 1-0 win over Chelsea on Thursday. 
The 17-year-old headed the only goal of the game in front of more than 2,000 spectators on a dream Anfield debut.

Hughie McAuley's side now face Bolton as the Reds look to win the competition for the fourth time.

Those who give substance to omens will note that Liverpool's class of 2007 also beat Chelsea at Anfield on their way to winning the Youth Cup.

Here, in front of the watching Sami Hyypia and Jamie Carragher, the current crop of Academy talent repeated history with a confidence and maturity which suggests this could again be our year.

The young Reds took just 44 seconds to carve out a scoring opportunity when Nathan Eccleston turned his man on the edge of the box before teeing up Adam Pepper, who dragged wide.

A few minutes later, Lauri Dalla Valle forced a low save out of the orange-shirted Niclas Heimann.

It was a case of third time lucky, then, when the deadlock was broken on 17 minutes. The goal came when a pinpoint cross from Pepper got the finish it deserved, Amoo giving Heimann little chance with a cute header into the bottom corner.

The former Millwall man should have had a second eight minutes later when he stole the ball from the superfluously named Jeffrey Bruma Van Homoet only to lose his composure when one on one with the goalkeeper. Oh well, more than one goal in front of the Kop on your Anfield bow would be greedy, wouldn't it?

Liverpool were dominant, though a powerful and athletic Chelsea side weren't about to roll over.

Aussie stopper Dean Bouzanis was tested by a fierce hit from Blues skipper Daniel Phillislirk on the edge of the box. Earlier, Jacob Mellis pounced on an excellent block by Reds captain Joe Kennedy before finding the hoardings with his shot.

It was the hosts who threatened first through Eccleston when the second half got under way. The striker, who was part of Rafa Benitez's squad for the Champions League group stages, latched onto a lovely Thomas Ince throughball before firing wide from a tight angle.

From there, Chelsea began to probe, hogging possession for a while and even finding an equaliser when Gael Kakuta jumped on a Bouzanis parry only to have it chalked off by the linesman.

Finnish striker Dalla Valle - who has bagged an incredible 15 in 16 games this term - suffered a similar fate at the other end shortly after, though his smart finish came long after the flag had been raised.

Amoo could have put the game beyond doubt with 15 minutes to go but again shot wide from 10 yards.

Chelsea's best chance of a leveller fell to Fabio Borini on 79 minutes when he beat Bouzanis to a high cross only to head onto the roof of the net.

So, Liverpool's quest for a third Youth Cup in four years continues, with Bolton providing their next test at Anfield later in the month.

Liverpoolfc.tv man of the match: David Amoo.

Liverpool Under 18s: Bouzanis, Wisdom, Buchtmann, Ayala, Kennedy, Irwin, Amoo, Pepper (Kacaniklic 73), Dalle Valle, Ince, Eccelston. Unused subs: Chamberlin, Metcalf, Roberts, Ellison. 

I thought liverpool reserves won the league last year as well?  Add me to the list Gabriel.
O'Neills Therapist

corn02

Amoo, has ben mentioned a fiar bit. But, as someone said, hard tonow who will make the breakthrough anymore.

Good to see a fresah thread, MS said there was the same on the United thread when things were ging - no chance. A bit of slagging from the odd poster but never to the extet of the last few pagesa of that Pool thread.

I think it was AnPortmor that got under everne's sking. You can tell New Devil and EC, although annoying, are just having a bit of banter really. MS and Full back good contributors, but it was unreadable.

Poor last night, wide men offered nothing. Was expecting Yossi to have a stormer when he came on, biggest disappointment of the night.

One positive - how good is Skrtl? Looks like the making of a superb player.

Whe is Insua back?

Gabriel_Hurl

Don't think he's back yet corn

How about this for Saturday?

corn02

Aurelio injured GAB, may have missed that or you just not starting him? Haven;t seen papaers in last couple of days. Alonso injured too?

Add me to the list ya  fecker

Few more points on last night.

I have defended Lucas on here but he has shown the last two weeks that he is too rough around the edges to be a Pool player. A very good performance against Wigan spoiled by stupidity, a poor perofrmance last night compunded by stupidity. Annyoing.

Everton's tactcics were obvious last night - kick at every oppurtunity. It was rotational fouling. A systemised approached by Moyes. I don't know hoe Fellani and Pieenar did not get the line.

kumquat

Quote from: corn02 on February 05, 2009, 10:26:52 PM

Everton's tactcics were obvious last night - kick at every oppurtunity. It was rotational fouling. A systemised approached by Moyes. I don't know hoe Fellani and Pieenar did not get the line.

how did gerrard not get the line in the previous cup match? yellow card tackle & something similar to delap, then recieves a yellow card for trying to cheat?? he should have been off before the cheating incident.

people in glass houses corn.
Buy us a pint then Boselecta!!!

corn02

Quote from: kumquat on February 05, 2009, 10:34:13 PM

how did gerrard not get the line in the previous cup match? yellow card tackle & something similar to delap, then recieves a yellow card for trying to cheat?? he should have been off before the cheating incident.

Point out where I did not condemn his dive. Point out where I didn't say that his tackle was worse than Lampards. (I'm mentioning Chelsea game because I was not able to see the Everton cup game). If was as obvious as you make out I would not have defended it.

Do you not think there was rotational fouling from Everton last night, an over-physical aaproach?

anportmorforjfc

i didn't mean to cause this much shit. Was only havin a bit of craic. I will try not to badmouth liverpool as much anymore.

gawa316

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 05, 2009, 10:22:35 PM
Don't think he's back yet corn

How about this for Saturday?

Was reading on rawk that Alonso is suspended for the game after Portsmouth so if this is true he'll definitely start on sat

kumquat

Quote from: corn02 on February 05, 2009, 10:38:37 PM
Quote from: kumquat on February 05, 2009, 10:34:13 PM

Point out where I did not condemn his dive. Point out where I didn't say that his tackle was worse than Lampards. (I'm mentioning Chelsea game because I was not able to see the Everton cup game). If was as obvious as you make out I would not have defended it.

Do you not think there was rotational fouling from Everton last night, an over-physical aaproach?

i don't think it was rotational fouling, in these derby games there is more passion than in a usual match, phil neville for instance being an ex man u player, and local lads like gerrard & hibbert. i would put fellanis fouling down to frustration of lack of quality ball to him plus being played out position.

it was actually Alonsos tackle that was reckless if you watch the replay. He went in to "do" Lampard. IMHO

Buy us a pint then Boselecta!!!

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: gawa316 on February 05, 2009, 10:50:46 PMWas reading on rawk that Alonso is suspended for the game after Portsmouth so if this is true he'll definitely start on sat

Actually you're right - was looking at the Fantasy Premiership there - and Alonso isn't suspended this weekend - so he'd replace Plessis

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

it's only ones that went to Ardboe Primary School that get those HS