O’Byrne Cup 2019

Started by thejuice, December 08, 2018, 10:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

50 mins

Meath 1-09
Dublin 1-10
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

Now in added time

Meath 1-12
Dublin 1-12

thejuice

Blowitupref

Quote from: thejuice on January 12, 2019, 08:38:41 PM
Penalties
For the 2nd weekend in a row why no extra time before penalties?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

thejuice

Dublin win 3-1 on penalties

Don't like deciding games like this. I hope this isn't kept for the championship. Not that it matters a whole lot. It was a good run out for the lads although against a team of unknowns outside of Dublin.

Mickey Newman was our top scorer on the night and certainly a huge addition to the team.

tippabu

Quote from: thejuice on January 12, 2019, 08:52:30 PM
Dublin win 3-1 on penalties

Don't like deciding games like this. I hope this isn't kept for the championship. Not that it matters a whole lot. It was a good run out for the lads although against a team of unknowns outside of Dublin.

Mickey Newman was our top scorer on the night and certainly a huge addition to the team.

What would your preference be for deciding games? 2 10 min periods of extra time and then penalties would be what I would like to see

thejuice

A period of next score wins would be better as at least it would be reflective of a teams ability to play football as a whole rather than individuals deciding the game on one particular set piece.

tippabu

Quote from: thejuice on January 12, 2019, 10:23:01 PM
A period of next score wins would be better as at least it would be reflective of a teams ability to play football as a whole rather than individuals deciding the game on one particular set piece.

I would like this at all due to it being too much at the discretion of the referee....I would hate for a match to be decided with a free from a wrong call or blatant frees not given due to the ref not wanting to make the call.

Main Street

Quote from: tippabu on January 13, 2019, 09:18:39 AM
Quote from: thejuice on January 12, 2019, 10:23:01 PM

I would like this at all due to it being too much at the discretion of the referee....I would hate for a match to be decided with a free from a wrong call or blatant frees not given due to the ref not wanting to make the call.
Exactly, when there was the golden goal rule  in soccer it destroyed many an extra time period and was soon dropped.
Extra time followed by penalties (or 45s) if needed to separate the teams, is good enough.

Hound

From the Bunker

Why is the O'Byrne Cup final in a home venue for Dublin?

heffo

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 15, 2019, 11:21:57 PM

Its always a coin toss for one of finalists home venues

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: heffo on January 16, 2019, 11:01:58 AM

It was fixed before the semi finals were played though.  ::)
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

From the Bunker

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 16, 2019, 12:11:22 PM
Quote from: heffo on January 16, 2019, 11:01:58 AM

It was fixed before the semi finals were played though.  ::)

They must have tossed a coin then!