drici

Dia Domhnaigh   16 - 08 - 2015

Kilkenny Minors v Galway Minors
Replay
Noon

Dublin Minors v Tipperary Minors
2-00pm

Farrandeelin

Couldn't find another thread apart from this. What games are on the box this weekend?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

drici

Monaghan v Dublin   beo

Galway v Waterford   beo

Kilkenny v Wexford   iarbheo

They were also expecting a Hurling Quarter Final on Saturday night.

drici

Quote from: drici on March 28, 2017, 05:26:50 PM

This has now become the 1988 All Ireland Hurling Final between Galway and Tipperary at 7-15pm.

ballinaman

Schools football finals Saturday?

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: drici on March 30, 2017, 08:07:59 AM

This has now become the 1988 All Ireland Hurling Final between Galway and Tipperary at 7-15pm.

Great spot drici. That was one of the first matches I saw in Croke Park. Noise of the crowd already inside as you approached Jones Road (still my favourite part of match day). Lifted over the turnstile. Flag in one hand, program in the other. Find your seat number on the old wooden seats. Watch the minor match with the atmosphere building the whole time. The Artane Boys band. Everyone craning their necks down to the corner of the Hogan and Canal End for what seemed like half an hour for the teams to come out. The sprint out the tunnel and the deafening tribal roar that accompanied it. The team photo. The breakaway from the team photo. The pucking and stretching. Lined up to meet the president. The parade behind the band. Waiting impatiently for the parade to reach your section. Everyone roaring just before they reached your section. Teams breaking away from the parade. Amhrán na bhFiann. Teams lining up in position and welcoming your man. Midfield hopping off each other and then pulling like mad once the ball was thrown in. The instant love of all this lunacy.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on March 30, 2017, 10:35:08 AM
Quote from: drici on March 30, 2017, 08:07:59 AM

Great spot drici. That was one of the first matches I saw in Croke Park. Noise of the crowd already inside as you approached Jones Road (still my favourite part of match day). Lifted over the turnstile. Flag in one hand, program in the other. Find your seat number on the old wooden seats. Watch the minor match with the atmosphere building the whole time. The Artane Boys band. Everyone craning their necks down to the corner of the Hogan and Canal End for what seemed like half an hour for the teams to come out. The sprint out the tunnel and the deafening tribal roar that accompanied it. The team photo. The breakaway from the team photo. The pucking and stretching. Lined up to meet the president. The parade behind the band. Waiting impatiently for the parade to reach your section. Everyone roaring just before they reached your section. Teams breaking away from the parade. Amhrán na bhFiann. Teams lining up in position and welcoming your man. Midfield hopping off each other and then pulling like mad once the ball was thrown in. The instant love of all this lunacy.
Ah, what Croke Park on AIF day was like before the mob of today decided that what wasn't broke needed fixing.

brokencrossbar1

It's not TG4 but there's a live special from the club in Cross tonight in Off the Ball on Newstalk from 7.

https://soundcloud.com/offtheball/otbs-crossmaglen-special-preview

LeoMc

Quote from: ballinaman on March 30, 2017, 08:28:15 AM
Schools football finals Saturday?
Yes. The B final with St Ciaran's is on at 2:00 so I would assume the A final will be shown also.

PMG1

Are the schools games not on?

delgany

Think I saw that they are available on line

twohands!!!

Don't know if anyone is watching this but Ballinrobe have just given away an absolutely horrific goal.

A St Ciaran's player took a shot that was from the moment he hit it looked as if it were drifting wide. It was drifting wide but it was also dropping short. Pretty much all of the Ballinrobe players switched off and assumed it was going wide ; one of the St Ciaran's players chased the effort and kept it in. He laid off the ball to another unmarked St Ciaran's player coming through who only had the keeper to beat. Horror show defending. Was around the 35 minute mark.

Scoreline was 1-5 to 0-7 before the goal and went to 1-5 to 1-7 after. Ballinrobe have got the last 3 scores to make it Ballinrobe 1-8 to St Ciaran 1-7 with 15 minutes left.

twohands!!!

1-11 apiece at full-time. Goes to extra-time.

Some decent efforts from deadballs on both sides.

An Fhairche Abu

Very enjoyable match to watch, congrats to all involved with the Ballinrobe CS team, a great victory for my old alma mater!