Ros v Galway Connacht Final 2019

Started by Rossfan, May 28, 2019, 09:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: thejuice on June 16, 2019, 05:48:35 PM
You wonder what Galway think they want to achieve. Fair enough they got a trimming against Dublin but that doesn't mean you have to play every game like you're trying to avoid a hammering. Fair play Roscommon, another Connacht title and a place in the last 8 again.

I just don't think they are good enough, defence very poor and for all the nice forwards they have they really miss Comer as they don't seem to have any other ball winners up top. Shane Walsh as the all the ability you want but his decision making and leadership is not there.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GalwayBayBoy

Kevin Walsh won't survive that. Even if Galway get a couple wins in the qualifiers. I think we've seen enough now.

Michael Foley described them well just there "a team trapped inside their own heads".

joemamas

Well done Roscommon.
Just put on Willie Hegarty for last 5 minutes, he blew a head gasket.
He is hilarious

Hound

Quote from: seafoid on June 16, 2019, 05:46:46 PM
Well done the Rossies
Huge improvement after the collapse of the previous regime.

Galway taken out 2 days in a row by Galway managers.
County board should do everything they can to poach Cunningham back next year. Exactly what the footballers need.

Mayo4Sam

Delighted to see Kevin Walsh done like this, absolutely destroying Galway football, I'd love a craicAt them in Croke Park.
Fair play to Anthony Cunningham, the Rossies are playing great football, excellent tackling, and Conor Cox is phenomenal. I couldn't pick out what he changed at HT but he must have done something?
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Hound

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on June 16, 2019, 05:50:03 PM
Quote from: irish345 on June 16, 2019, 05:45:44 PM
being connaght champions dont mean much

Must try harder
Unfortunately no board moderation, so that clown can post his nonsense at will.

joemamas

Quote from: thejuice on June 16, 2019, 05:48:35 PM
You wonder what Galway think they want to achieve. Fair enough they got a trimming against Dublin but that doesn't mean you have to play every game like you're trying to avoid a hammering. Fair play Roscommon, another Connacht title and a place in the last 8 again.

Very good point on Galway set up.
Very poor effort by sideline and players.
Completely leaderless on the field.

kerryforsam19

Comer presence is missing in forward line. Crazy taking off Mick Daly as well.

Mayo4Sam

Roscommon were cleaned out at midfield in the first half of both games, absolutely destroyed. It's hard to comprehend how a team can come back from that and function with essentially no midfield
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

MayoBuck

Strange that Kevin Walsh took off Cooke as well and replaced him with a much smaller guy in Kelly. No surprise Roscommon got a bit of a hold around midfield towards the end of the game.

Farrandeelin

Fair play to Roscommon, a fully deserved win. Great to see such joy at the end of the game. Galway seemed shocked from the goal Ros got early in the second half and never recovered. Mighty  full forward line too. Hard to know where Galway go now.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Dinny Breen

Enjoyed that. Well done the Rossies. Brings bring memories of what a competitive province is all about.
#newbridgeornowhere

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: MayoBuck on June 16, 2019, 06:12:46 PM
Strange that Kevin Walsh took off Cooke as well and replaced him with a much smaller guy in Kelly. No surprise Roscommon got a bit of a hold around midfield towards the end of the game.

His substitutions were basket case stuff. Put on Molloy and Farragher in injury time. Hauled off Daly when he was the only fella scoring by then.

Hound

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 16, 2019, 06:13:23 PM
Fair play to Roscommon, a fully deserved win. Great to see such joy at the end of the game. Galway seemed shocked from the goal Ros got early in the second half and never recovered. Mighty  full forward line too. Hard to know where Galway go now.
Comer a big loss in fairness.

magpie seanie

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 16, 2019, 05:50:36 PM
Kevin Walsh won't survive that. Even if Galway get a couple wins in the qualifiers. I think we've seen enough now.

Michael Foley described them well just there "a team trapped inside their own heads".

Like us Sligo bucks said at the time he should never have got this job. He's wasting that talented group. The defending for the goal was farcical.