Northern Ireland Football Team

Started by Feckitt, March 30, 2015, 12:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feckitt

How would you feel about NI qualifying for the Euro championships?, and would you support them?

Does anyone actually know any Catholics who support them? 

DennistheMenace

I'd like to see them do well and yes I know quite a few.

BennyCake

Couldn't care less. No, definitely not.

Apart from a certain Mr Clarke, no.

naka

don't actually mind NI
don't support them but am ambivalent also towards roi soccer team

both teams sum up what is wrong with this island and why rugby sets a great example

Orior

Quote from: DennistheMenace on March 30, 2015, 12:24:41 PM

We all seem to know a catholic that supports the occupied six soccer team. I wonder is it the same person?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

lenny

Quote from: Feckitt on March 30, 2015, 12:21:19 PM
How would you feel about NI qualifying for the Euro championships?, and would you support them?

Does anyone actually know any Catholics who support them?

I would be fairly ambivalent about them. I like the manager ok and most of the players are ok. Kyle lafferty is a complete t***er though and the supporters who follow them around are to my knowledge almost exclusively from one side of the community. I remember cheering them on as a youngster in 1982 but the way their supporters behaved in 1993 v Ireland put me of them for a long time. The excellent play "A night in November" was written about that match and the disgusting behaviour of the Norn Iron fans.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Orior on March 30, 2015, 12:47:31 PM
Quote from: DennistheMenace on March 30, 2015, 12:24:41 PM

We all seem to know a catholic that supports the occupied six soccer team. I wonder is it the same person?

I would imagine the manager supports them, that's one, Gerry Armstrong would be another
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Quote from: naka on March 30, 2015, 12:41:04 PM
don't actually mind NI

both teams sum up what is wrong with this island and why rugby sets a great example

First, you have to ask yourself why so few Northern Catholics support Norn Iron.

5 Sams

Quote from: BennyCake on March 30, 2015, 01:37:15 PM
don't actually mind NI

First, you have to ask yourself why so few Northern Catholics support Norn Iron.

As somebody said earlier the "performance" of Billy Bingham and the rabble in Windsor Park in 93 would have quite a lot to do with it.
The Aristocrat Years

foxcommander

don't actually mind NI

Did they get rid of their anthem yet? That would be a stumbling block, no?

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

haranguerer

Not as big a one as their supporters

stew

Quote from: 5 Sams on March 30, 2015, 02:02:47 PM
don't actually mind NI

As somebody said earlier the "performance" of Billy Bingham and the rabble in Windsor Park in 93 would have quite a lot to do with it.

I got banned from owc for calling Bingham "Billy Bigot" in reference to his antics in the game against the Republic!

He was a disgrace that night and any support of them I had for them was gone after that disgraceful evening, that said I want all teams that pull on the green of Ireland to do well.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Esmarelda

Quote from: foxcommander on March 30, 2015, 03:02:07 PM
don't actually mind NI

Did anyone else find it amusing how the Scottish fans booed God Save The Queen when it was played as the NI anthem before last week's friendly considering the recent referendum?

JoG2

Quote from: Esmarelda on March 30, 2015, 04:13:17 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on March 30, 2015, 03:02:07 PM
don't actually mind NI

Did anyone else find it amusing how the Scottish fans booed God Save The Queen when it was played as the NI anthem before last week's friendly considering the recent referendum?

did 100% of Scots folk vote 'no' in the referendum?

laoislad

don't actually mind NI

The day that nonsense of a song Ireland's Call is played at an Irish soccer match instead of our Anthem is the day I stop going to Irish soccer matches.
Rugby lads are welcome to it, leave the soccer the way it is imo.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.