TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

thebuzz

Have to say both semi-finals were excellent games and a pleasure to watch.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: JoG2 on February 15, 2015, 07:29:08 PM
Quote from: thebuzz on February 15, 2015, 05:35:39 PM
Quote from: Syferus on February 14, 2015, 03:17:52 PM
All over now. Corofin's All-Ireland to lose.

I wouldn't write Slaughtneil off just yet. They've got some spirit.

Ach, it's just Connacht men saying their champions will win it. Should be a Quare final. 2 great sides.

Thought St Vincents were gonna walk it this year ;-)

Corofin are 3/10 so it's not just the men from the west.

If Corofin reach the same leves as they did against Balintubber & Vincent's they'll win comfortably enough but stranger things have happened.

neilthemac

imtommygunn

Slaughtneil chf may miss the final. He'd be a big miss as he's arguably their best forward. Sounds like he damaged his collar bone in the donaghy challenge. Would be a real shame for the fella as not an opportunity that comes round very often.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 15, 2015, 09:29:00 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on February 15, 2015, 07:29:08 PM
Quote from: thebuzz on February 15, 2015, 05:35:39 PM
Quote from: Syferus on February 14, 2015, 03:17:52 PM
All over now. Corofin's All-Ireland to lose.
I wouldn't write Slaughtneil off just yet. They've got some spirit.

Ach, it's just Connacht men saying their champions will win it. Should be a Quare final. 2 great sides.

Thought St Vincents were gonna walk it this year ;-)

Corofin are 3/10 so it's not just the men from the west.

If Corofin reach the same leves as they did against Balintubber & Vincent's they'll win comfortably enough but stranger things have happened.

3\10 in all Ireland club final for a team that has only been here once before ( 15 years ago) is fuckin crazy odds !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

moysider

Nothing against Austin Stacks but was delighted Donaghy was on losing side.
In the first penalty incident he actually fouled McKeigue first. Should have been a free out.

What s the Galway lads' take on Rockford? Top manager or just happens to be in charge of a very good team at the right time?

From the Bunker

Quote from: moysider on February 15, 2015, 10:34:26 PM

In the first penalty incident he actually fouled McKeigue first. Should have been a free out.

What s the Galway lads' take on Rockford? Top manager or just happens to be in charge of a very good team at the right time?

Yeah, Donaghy get so much leeway from referees that it can infuriate you. Granted he is brilliant at what he does. But he has every trick and when they back fire he is in the referees face. If he wins a ball he either turn you or hes on his arse from any physical contact waving for a free (and usually gets it).

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: moysider on February 15, 2015, 10:34:26 PM

Done a very good job although Corofin were already the dominant side in the county before he got there. Has been fortunate I guess in that he's taken over when they have some very good young players coming through especially up front where they were lacking in the past. Still hard to argue with the job he's done.

orangeman

Well done Slaughneil, preventing a possible clean sweep of football club titles for the Kerry men.

Great photo here - open wide !

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/saughtneil-show-their-mettle-as-they-book-final-berth-1.2105074

drici

Austin Stacks v Slaughtneil just started on TG4.
Whole match.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: drici on February 18, 2015, 01:45:17 AM
Austin Stacks v Slaughtneil just started on TG4.
Whole match.

Available worldwide?

Leftmidfield

Moysider I was the opposite. I started off wanting the team from my own province to win, slaughtneill. But I changed my mind after watching their no 3's continuous verbal abuse of donaghy. I thought it was disgusting

JoG2

Quote from: Leftmidfield on February 18, 2015, 05:47:31 PM
Moysider I was the opposite. I started off wanting the team from my own province to win, slaughtneill. But I changed my mind after watching their no 3's continuous verbal abuse of donaghy. I thought it was disgusting

Ah man. Donaghy started the verbals and goading with McKaigue. Brendan just met fire with fire when he got the same. Anyone who knows the slaughtneil men know how they conduct themselves on the pitch, hard and fair, but wont take any nonsense .
But I don't wanna get in the way of your disgust

Syferus

Quote from: JoG2 on February 18, 2015, 05:55:12 PM
Quote from: Leftmidfield on February 18, 2015, 05:47:31 PM

Ah man. Donaghy started the verbals and goading with McKaigue. Brendan just met fire with fire when he got the same. Anyone who knows the slaughtneil men know how they conduct themselves on the pitch, hard and fair, but wont take any nonsense .
But I don't wanna get in the way of your disgust

Donaghy is a hateful player on the field of play. Don't know (or care) what he's like it off it but he is impossible to like if he's not on your team.