TG4 - Club Championships Coverage

Started by drici, September 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Syferus on November 25, 2012, 12:45:48 AM
If Salthill were in the final TG4 would be jumping all over themselves to have the Connacht final as the live game. Nevermind accounting for the uniqueness of the Connacht final or the fact football almost always draws better numbers than hurling.

I guess Brigids just have to keep winning to get those sexy beo minutes on the box.

Sure they can barely speak English in Roscommon. Let alone Irish. ;D

Farrandeelin

Realistically it was always going to be tough for Ballaghaderreen to compete for the full hour today. The hurling today deserved to be the number one billing. It proved to be a cracker of a game, despite Thurles Sarsfields dominance they only put De La Salle away near the end and De La Salle were a man down for most of the game. I'm sure the player feels awful for landing out with the hurley like that. However, I can't say I'm that sorry for the Thurles player. Why on Earth hurlers need to jump around after winning a free is beyond me!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 25, 2012, 05:16:51 PM
Realistically it was always going to be tough for Ballaghaderreen to compete for the full hour today. The hurling today deserved to be the number one billing. It proved to be a cracker of a game, despite Thurles Sarsfields dominance they only put De La Salle away near the end and De La Salle were a man down for most of the game. I'm sure the player feels awful for landing out with the hurley like that. However, I can't say I'm that sorry for the Thurles player. Why on Earth hurlers need to jump around after winning a free is beyond me!

Ever tried winning a free in hurling? Sure the referee always forgets his whistle ffs! Seen just as many footballers jump around after winning a free when they fall over
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 25, 2012, 05:15:34 AM
Quote from: Syferus on November 25, 2012, 12:45:48 AM
If Salthill were in the final TG4 would be jumping all over themselves to have the Connacht final as the live game. Nevermind accounting for the uniqueness of the Connacht final or the fact football almost always draws better numbers than hurling.

I guess Brigids just have to keep winning to get those sexy beo minutes on the box.

Sure they can barely speak English in Roscommon. Let alone Irish. ;D

Go and choke a few herrins for yerself outa that  :P
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

emmetryan

writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

Gold

Crokes look to have this game but tell me this:

Is there anyone (any neutral) who would  prefer to watch this Munster game than the Cross game live on TG4.

That Cross team should be shown live any chance possible while they're in their pomp. Takes away from it watching it deferred as you already know the score.
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

All of a Sludden

With the delayed start in the Ulster final (3.15) will TG4 now have it live?
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Gold

Quote from: All of a Sludden on December 02, 2012, 02:43:10 PM
With the delayed start in the Ulster final (3.15) will TG4 now have it live?

3.25 it's startin. Hope its on alright
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

emmetryan

Hi guys, my tactical analysis of today's win for Dr Crokes is now up http://action81.com/blog/?p=6490

catchandkick

Quote from: emmetryan on December 02, 2012, 09:28:57 PM
Hi guys, my tactical analysis of today's win for Dr Crokes is now up http://action81.com/blog/?p=6490

Interesting analysis as always Emmet. You ever get on to any newspapers, Gaelic Life anything like that about having your own column?

spuds

Quote from: Gold on December 02, 2012, 02:39:19 PM

Is there anyone (any neutral) who would  prefer to watch this Munster game than the Cross game live on TG4.

That Cross team should be shown live any chance possible while they're in their pomp. Takes away from it watching it deferred as you already know the score.
1 here and I'm sure many more also. Add in the fact that there are more Irish speakers in Cork/Kerry than Armagh/Down, and that they also have the honour of paying for the TV licence gives them a better chance of live coverage.
If people are not in a position to go to the game and want to watch it deferred on TV it is not that difficult not to have radios on etc. so as not to get the result.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Glensman

Quote from: spuds on December 03, 2012, 12:31:26 PM

1 here and I'm sure many more also. Add in the fact that there are more Irish speakers in Cork/Kerry than Armagh/Down, and that they also have the honour of paying for the TV licence gives them a better chance of live coverage.
If people are not in a position to go to the game and want to watch it deferred on TV it is not that difficult not to have radios on etc. so as not to get the result.

Agree. Turn your phone off and watch both.

LeoMc

Quote from: Glensman on December 03, 2012, 12:40:27 PM
Quote from: spuds on December 03, 2012, 12:31:26 PM

Agree. Turn your phone off and watch both.

I was a bit under the weather yesterday and didn't realise the Cross game wasn't live. :-[

emmetryan

Quote from: catchandkick on December 03, 2012, 12:30:20 AM

Interesting analysis as always Emmet. You ever get on to any newspapers, Gaelic Life anything like that about having your own column?

I haven't to be honest. Definitely something I'd be interested in doing but my main focus over the last year was on the book so I didn't want to distract myself too much.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: emmetryan on December 03, 2012, 03:47:31 PM
Quote from: catchandkick on December 03, 2012, 12:30:20 AM

I haven't to be honest. Definitely something I'd be interested in doing but my main focus over the last year was on the book so I didn't want to distract myself too much.

There are a few GL heads on here and given some of the dross in it your stuff would be a welcome relief :P