Games on TV this weekend

Started by ck, February 18, 2020, 09:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Was refreshing to watch that game yesterday. Lots of kick passes and none of that defensive, keep ball crap we have these days.

You might say teams were tactically naive and all that, but I'd gladly go back to the football of the 90's.

trailer

Quote from: BennyCake on May 04, 2020, 02:15:13 PM
Was refreshing to watch that game yesterday. Lots of kick passes and none of that defensive, keep ball crap we have these days.

You might say teams were tactically naive and all that, but I'd gladly go back to the football of the 90's.

If by "kick passing" you mean hit and hope aimless hoofs forward then yes there was a lot more than you have now. That's not my cup of tea to be fair.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on May 05, 2020, 09:19:49 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 04, 2020, 02:15:13 PM

If by "kick passing" you mean hit and hope aimless hoofs forward then yes there was a lot more than you have now. That's not my cup of tea to be fair.

But holding on to the ball, playing it back to the keeper from midfield, having 15 players behind the ball with a thousand hand passes per game is? Interesting
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Watching Armagh v Dublin AI semi-final 2002 again on TG4 there.
That was one of the games I enjoyed most over the years, close game and usually tit for tat, Whelan's goal was a cracker, hot August day, the first full house in the "new" Croke Park and Armagh was well supported in those days so while we were outnumbered by Dubs there were enough of us to make our presence felt, so great atmosphere.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orior

And we should have won it with much more to spare. Far too many wides.

Armagh subs were much better than Dublin subs.

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

imtommygunn

Dublin missed about four chances in the last number of minutes. They weren't composed enough though but I would have had them down to have missed more.

redzone

It's definitely one Dublin lost rather than armagh won

imtommygunn

Lol. I wouldn't say that though.

armaghniac

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 10, 2020, 07:48:53 PM
Dublin missed about four chances in the last number of minutes. They weren't composed enough though but I would have had them down to have missed more.

Armagh had several bad wides though, from McConville, McDonnell who werewell capable of better.
Amazing that Cluxton was involved in that game and perhaps prevented another  Armagh goal.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

We were shaky in that game. Handling wasn't great from the forwards and shooting fairly average.

We were actually more composed in the closing stages of the final than in the semi.

RedHand88

Jaysus Tyrone were robbed that day. Robbed.

An Watcher

Was it later proved that o'neill hadn't got two yellow cards? Totally robbed by an inept refereeing performance but would we have won the big one if we had won that?

BennyCake

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 10, 2020, 09:02:00 PM
Jaysus Tyrone were robbed that day. Robbed.

Robbed me hole.

McMenamins foot block (that's a penalty), knees on McEntee, elbowing another, and still no red card?

McEntee through on goal fouled by Cavanagh, nothing given.

Take off your red tinted glasses

Hereiam

Mickey made a bad call sending Peter on when he did. Tyrone were leading by 4 and our forward line were doing ok.
Mugsy didn't affect the game when he came on at all.
Saying all that we won the All Ireland and Armagh didn't :)

trailer

Tyrone were absolutely robbed the 1st day as well. McConville lifted the ball clean off the ground for his goal. In saying that I think the defeat gave Tyrone a new emphasis, Armagh thought they were the better team. They were far to confident thereafter and the SF defeat finished them completely as any sort of force.