The official Playstation 3 thread

Started by Our Nail Loney, September 05, 2008, 11:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: bigfrank on October 06, 2010, 06:24:07 PM
Little harsh on the playstation POG  :P friends all have playstation 3 and i have friends in NY that i wana play online etc too...
That's a pity cause xbox is better...

I was considering getting the PS move ll but I haven't really looked in to reviews and that yet. 
I'd like the kinnect more but the room my set up is in isn't big enough as your suppose to be something like 10ft away from the sensor thing to play!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 06, 2010, 06:33:40 PM
Quote from: bigfrank on October 06, 2010, 06:24:07 PM
Little harsh on the playstation POG  :P friends all have playstation 3 and i have friends in NY that i wana play online etc too...
That's a pity cause xbox is better...

I was considering getting the PS move ll but I haven't really looked in to reviews and that yet. 
I'd like the kinnect more but the room my set up is in isn't big enough as your suppose to be something like 10ft away from the sensor thing to play!

I was going to get it purely for Tiger Woods golf,but seemingly by the reviews they rushed the PS3 version of the game to get it ready for being compatible with the Playstation Move and they reckon its not as good as it should/could be,next years version should be better they say
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

I want it for resident evil...

Did you look in to it though - is the "starter pack" they're selling, is that all you need?
why is it called a "starter pack".

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 06, 2010, 06:41:13 PM

Did you look in to it though - is the "starter pack" they're selling, is that all you need?

Just looked at the prices one day in GameStop,saw that starter pack I think it was €59 or somthing.
I think all you need is the move controller and I'm assuming some sort of infrared eye thing to put near the TV to catch your movements.
The starter pack has cameras and stuff for if you want to see yourself on screen...I don't
You'll Never Walk Alone.

StGallsGAA

I have an xbox 360 for sale if anyone wants it PM me.

The kids now have a PS3 and a Wii so one has to go otherwise their eyes will go square.  Comes with 4  games and 2 controllers.  Not looking a fortune for it so make me a reasonable offer and it's yours as I canlt be ar$ed sticking it on ebay.

cheers

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 06, 2010, 06:46:24 PM

Just looked at the prices one day in GameStop,saw that starter pack I think it was €59 or somthing.
I think all you need is the move controller and I'm assuming some sort of infrared eye thing to put near the TV to catch your movements.
The starter pack has cameras and stuff for if you want to see yourself on screen...I don't
Did some research at the weekend - you do need the starter pack. optional are second controller a navigation controller.
So I bought the starter pack and sports champions this evening - only played a bit of tablet tennis and volleyball but my inner child is very happy  ;D

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 11, 2010, 07:06:32 PM

Did some research at the weekend - you do need the starter pack. optional are second controller a navigation controller.
So I bought the starter pack and sports champions this evening - only played a bit of tablet tennis and volleyball but my inner child is very happy  ;D

Really? Is it good?
How accurate is it?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 11, 2010, 07:43:17 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 11, 2010, 07:06:32 PM

Really? Is it good?
How accurate is it?
very enjoyable yeah, it needs more games for it though and I need more space.

It's 100% accurate from what I can see so far. 

I'm waiting for the tiger woods demo to install now (the PS need to do something about all this installing you have to do to play something) but I'm not sure I'll have enough space for it.

pintsofguinness

pintsofguinness

who's getting gran turismo tomorrow - I can't wait!  ;D

David McKeown

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 23, 2010, 06:35:49 PM
who's getting gran turismo tomorrow - I can't wait!  ;D

Very much looking forward to it, just hope it has better steering wheel integration hopefully with support for a pedal clutch
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Shrek

i am debating if i should get this or not.

ive been playing the same games for a few years now - Tiger Woods, FIFA, COD - so was thinking of something different

maybe when you guys get it you can put up a short review to help me make my decision.

Shortso79

I see you can play TV Players through the PS3

At present I can only get RTE Player

Does anyone know how do you add UTV/ITV Player, Four On Demand or BBC IPlayers ?

Cheers

http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/services/detail/item329402/ITV-Network-Players/

JohnDenver

Quote from: Shortso79 on December 30, 2010, 07:52:29 PM
I see you can play TV Players through the PS3

At present I can only get RTE Player

Does anyone know how do you add UTV/ITV Player, Four On Demand or BBC IPlayers ?

Cheers

http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/services/detail/item329402/ITV-Network-Players/

Depends what region you are registered in. You are likely registered as an Irish adress now. If you set up a new account with a uk postcode you will be able to get utv player, iplayer and 4OD.

Shortso79

trying to set up a new user but it doesnt ask me for address