Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oneclubonelife

Quote from: bannside on November 01, 2016, 07:38:07 PM
All harmless banter as you say One Life. Under 21 championship weekend ahead and domestic tasty fixtures.

No prob Bannside. How new pitch coming along and will you be able to play on it next season or will it need a year to mature

bannside

New pitch is due to host it's first game next summer OC. Complete with superb new floodlights which are top of the range.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 01, 2016, 08:00:22 PM
Nothing about JB's inability to push Cargin forward??
Quite unfair my friend JB is keen to lead but I fear the Cargin team failed to follow.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 01, 2016, 10:21:06 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 01, 2016, 08:00:22 PM
Nothing about JB's inability to push Cargin forward??
Quite unfair my friend JB is keen to lead but I fear the Cargin team failed to follow.

I'm agreeing with you, JB's inability to push Cargin is down to Cargin players... that's two years indiscipline has cost you at the same stage.  If you ever want to get further than Antrim then consistency competing at Ulster is a must.... you defo have it in yas but for whatever reason you don't, seems possibly a lack of belief or content with winning Antrim which will sells you short
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

shawshank

Quote from: bannside on November 01, 2016, 02:31:46 PM
We are pleased to have acquired the services of Jude Donnelly for the next two seasons and yes I fully expect us to kick on noticeably.  I won't be do bold as to say we will win a championship...but believe me that is the target. Its up to the players to make their own statement on the pitch and they know that last year was a middling effort.

CB said a month ago that we weren't within a beagles gowl of Cargin....and he is right...but I think we will start closing the gap sometime soon.

Now there is ambition biting you in the bum 😂🙄

bannside

Talking about ambition Shawshank isn't it time the Pearses delivered. Those good St Paul's tournament winners you have (and you're back again this year) need to start delivering a John Mc Laughlin to Kilrea.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: bannside on November 01, 2016, 08:35:47 PM
New pitch is due to host it's first game next summer OC. Complete with superb new floodlights which are top of the range.

Good to see as its badly needed for yourselves. Been over with our camogs a few times for matches and had to wait till training was over before we could get the games started lol

Whats the plans for the main pitch? i see there was alot of ground works done behind the goals, are use intending to do something there?
hurl like f**k boi!

bannside

A major revamp of new pitch in the pipeline DR starting with new fence and dimension adjustment to existing pitch. Scoreboards and a general tidy up (tarmacing) as well. Other stuff too planned over various phases. Will be well worth it.

Knowing your club has enough men and women of the spirit to get off their backsides and go door to door all over the province for thd guts of a year is pleasing. Not easy but doable as other clubs before us can testify.

Spike

Great to see  Portglenones facilities looking so well.  Its a testament to the vision and the volunteers around the club.

As to catching Cargin, I fear it would be Cargin falling rather than Portglenone improving that would lessen the gap.  Great facilities doesn't guarantee success, you still need the raw materials and I doubt Portglenone have a senior championship (or anywhere close to one) in the next ten years.

Jude D is a great fella, and looks like a good coach but you may be over egging the pudding slightly in guaranteeing his success.  Surely (and with the greatest respect), a coach as highly thought of in Derry, currently managing a high profile team like Lavey would be more in demand in Derry if he was the coach you thought he was.  Don't take offence as its not meant to be that way, but going to Portglenone sounds like a backward step in his managerial career rather than say a Loup, Ballinascreen, Magherafelt, Glenullin, Dungiven, Ballinderry, Newbridge etc etc

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: bannside on November 02, 2016, 10:14:29 AM
A major revamp of new pitch in the pipeline DR starting with new fence and dimension adjustment to existing pitch. Scoreboards and a general tidy up (tarmacing) as well. Other stuff too planned over various phases. Will be well worth it.

Knowing your club has enough men and women of the spirit to get off their backsides and go door to door all over the province for thd guts of a year is pleasing. Not easy but doable as other clubs before us can testify.

Good to hear. been over at your pitch quite a bit over the past years with the camogiers so it will be good to see the final works done and get a run out on the new pitch. The people behind the fundraising should be proud of themselves as they have travelled serious miles over Ireland to get the money in. Theres a few of the tickets in our house as well.

Goes to show that with a vision and people wanting to do all it takes it can be achieved.
hurl like f**k boi!

Galer

Bannside here not everyones that happy with ur new management team?also u need more than a new pitch to win the chamionship

JimStynes

paddyjohn

Quote from: Galer on November 02, 2016, 04:20:05 PM
Bannside here not everyones that happy with ur new management team?also u need more than a new pitch to win the chamionship

Rumour mill in full flight chap?

Maybe need more than a new pitch for a championship to be won but every little helps the club and mentality around it.

bannside

First point. I didn't say we were going to win a championship. Please point out where I said that. I said that's the target. That's a completely different thing. Lots of clubs will have that as a target but therrs no hsrm in that. Worse if you didnt! I said we hope to get closer to the county champions and hopefully chin them at least once in the next few years.  But go ahead those without the ability to interpret properly what I said and jump to your own conclusions. And yes Galer. A new pitch won't win anyone a championship.

country bumpkin

We have a couple of pitches and floodlighting for a while as well as 2,500 sq metres astro turf, and at times demand is huge......but hey the main component is the abilities of the players and more importantly their commitment to the cause
As unbiased as I can be I cannot forsee Casement's passing Cargin in the next few years.......St Gall's remain the threat in my humble opinion and have been impressed with Aghagallon but reserve judgement until I see just how they cope with life in with the big boys in the first division.
But akin to BS my heart possibly rules the head at times. ???