Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2018, 04:35:25 PM
Reports coming out the Kildare County Board are to issue a statement refusing to play the game anywhere else other than Newbridge.

It's their only option, never seen so many Kildare supporters angry, it's the kind of anger normally reserved for Meath referees.

One way to galvanize a county.

Fair play to Kildare holding ground on this. Another thing to take into account is if the game was played in Newbridge or Tullamore,Portlaoise the price of tickets would have been  €15.00. With the game in Croke park the price of tickets will now be €25.00. 
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 25, 2018, 04:37:46 PM
Reports coming out the Kildare County Board are to issue a statement refusing to play the game anywhere else other than Newbridge.

It's their only option, never seen so many Kildare supporters angry, it's the kind of anger normally reserved for Meath referees.

Fair play to Kildare holding ground on this. Another thing to take into account is if the game was played in Newbridge or Tullamore,Portlaoise the price of tickets would have been  €15.00. With the game in Croke park the price of tickets will now be €25.00.

Tickets already gone on sale
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Crete Boom

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 25, 2018, 04:20:11 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on June 25, 2018, 04:03:34 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 25, 2018, 03:52:45 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on June 25, 2018, 03:51:45 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2018, 03:46:02 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on June 25, 2018, 03:40:04 PM
for the last 23 years they have been ubable to host a leinster championship game  and now they are moaning and bitching about having a ga me move .
there is only one bad guy here and that the Kildare Gaa family .
seeing as wel live in la la land it is easy to accuse Kildare of financial doping  by spending all their money on development and ignored theor facilities not to mention expensive imports like seanie Johnston.
knowing full well that all latge dames would be played in croke plark anyway , now its time to pay the piper

Just as well Mayo live within their means and don't go around the world scrounging and getting interest free loans for the worst €20m+ stadium in the world. Must have missed all whinging and moaning over the Limerick venue too, imagine whinging over a venue!!! And still no All-Ireland's for all their millions spent.  No wonder Dublin supporters laugh at bitter Mayo supporters.

Sorry to pull you up on one fact there Dinny but we managed to get a worse deal off Croke park (lower annual payments but higher interest to pay back overall) for our cathedral to architectural design stadium redvelopment!

Where was that stated?

Last years accounts, pretty standard I suppose, Coke Park are just acting like a bank, they took over the 5m loan Mayo Co Board had with Ulster bank and the deal was the period of the overall loan repayment period was extended which reduced the annual payments in reality for Mayo on the day to day running but acually Mayo will pay back more than they would have if they were able to stick to the original agreed term of the loan repayments. I would say this happens all the time in loan re-negotiations on long term debt when the bank is refusing a write down or write off. I have no problem with Croke PArk on this as it was our lot who fucked up the spending on the stand with an amazing 400,000 owed at one stage to the architects who were considering legal action!!!

Had a look at the accounts and I can't see anything on the interest rate?

Sorry I just checked and it was in a circular I was sent from a CB meeting by a man who was trying to garner support for his candiancy for treasurer in 2017. Now I will admit this puts a lot less creedance in what I read from this information but I still stand by that it is not interest free loan,as in all Mayo Co Board are doing is paying back the loan over a longer period of time which leads to smaller annual payments but the full loan plus interest will have to be paid back albeit over a longer period.

Rossfan

Other games are €20 - Leitrim  v Monaghan is anyway.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Crete Boom

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2018, 04:17:18 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 25, 2018, 04:11:28 PM
Why is Newbridge still substandard? The crash was a decade ago

It's not it's actually standard, I mean I was in Pearce Park Saturday and Dr Cullen Friday evening and not much worse than Parnell Park, better access in fact. H&S certified for 10K, remedial work has taken place the last couple of years. CP claim 20K want to attend, which is a magical made up number.

Planning permission applied for a new stand as well. Will be very nice provincial ground when complete, should hold 12K comfortably. Just won't have any Kildare supporters to fill it.

It is cleared to hold 10,000 though and surely this is enough to accomodate Mayo & Kildare season ticket holders along with Co Board and have some tickets to the clubs or am I missing something? How many season ticket holders are there in Kildare?

rosnarun

because they choose to spend their money differently which is fine , but lets not pretend  then that newbridge is a worthy county ground when nthe likes  offaly, monaghan derry, Kerry  for instance have 2 grounds superior to it  as would many others  even ballina would give it a run for its money .
Kildare play their big games In Croker fulll stop maybe they don't see mayo as a big team?  that's what sunday will decide

Mayo Did not spend 20Million of Mchalle park stadium or anything like it  they redeveloped the whole Facilities whiich has about 5 quality pitches renovated the club house .
and comparing Martin Carney and sean lowry from about 35 years  ago to some of kildare's imports ihhurling and football or even footballing hurlers  laughable both came to may for work Lowry was well retired and Carney has the richest of mayo .
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: galwayman on June 25, 2018, 04:33:05 PM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on June 25, 2018, 04:30:24 PM

It's not it's actually standard, I mean I was in Pearce Park Saturday and Dr Cullen Friday evening and not much worse than Parnell Park, better access in fact. H&S certified for 10K, remedial work has taken place the last couple of years. CP claim 20K want to attend, which is a magical made up number.

Planning permission applied for a new stand as well. Will be very nice provincial ground when complete, should hold 12K comfortably. Just won't have any Kildare supporters to fill it.

If it's certified to hold 10k then moving this match is nothing short of a disgrace, all Mayo season ticket holders can be taken care of, if that is the capacity. Are we going to see multiple instances of home Super 8 matches for certain counties moved to another venue in the years to come purely because of the crowd Dublin and Mayo bring outside of their season ticket holders? At the very least give Kildare their choice of neutral venue if it absolutely cannot be held in Newbridge.

Cavan have their own issue as to why they cannot use Breffni Park at the moment but I have a real problem with Kildare being forced to move in this instance, particularly to a venue not of thier choice. The only people this situation suits are SKY.
Hence the reason for the decision perhaps?

It's looking like it, isn't it?

Crete Boom

If Kildare County Board refuse to give up home advantage what happens next?

Mayo4Sam

Not arguing the rights or wrongs of the situation, it should be up to Kildare where the match is IMO.

No harm Dinny though but there is no way the GAA could bow to that, it would be bandit land for any county board.

On the €20 v €25, we are getting to see two games, I don't think it's out of the way
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Crete Boom on June 25, 2018, 04:45:49 PM
The gaa will have to stick to their guns
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Crete Boom

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on June 25, 2018, 04:45:19 PM
Quote from: galwayman on June 25, 2018, 04:33:05 PM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on June 25, 2018, 04:30:24 PM

If it's certified to hold 10k then moving this match is nothing short of a disgrace, all Mayo season ticket holders can be taken care of, if that is the capacity. Are we going to see multiple instances of home Super 8 matches for certain counties moved to another venue in the years to come purely because of the crowd Dublin and Mayo bring outside of their season ticket holders? At the very least give Kildare their choice of neutral venue if it absolutely cannot be held in Newbridge.

Cavan have their own issue as to why they cannot use Breffni Park at the moment but I have a real problem with Kildare being forced to move in this instance, particularly to a venue not of thier choice. The only people this situation suits are SKY.
Hence the reason for the decision perhaps?

It's looking like it, isn't it?

If Sky are about optics surely packed provincial grounds would look better on tv though like the romance of the cup hype you see for the early round of the FA cup?

Crete Boom

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on June 25, 2018, 04:46:44 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on June 25, 2018, 04:45:49 PM
The gaa will have to stick to their guns

Do they appeal to the CCCC or DRA or something or do the GAA just tell them turn up or else?

Rossfan

If Kildare refuse to fulfil the fixture -will it mean all Kildare county teams suspended for 2919?
I see their hurlers don't get automatic promotion for winning the CR Cup. What's that all about?
No wonder they're pissed off.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

Ah jaysus have ye no auld rugby pitch you could borrow for a Saturday evening? ;)

Sure let us know how ye got on, I have to book the train tickets.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 25, 2018, 04:39:16 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on June 25, 2018, 04:37:46 PM

Tickets already gone on sale

Well either Kildare GAA already gave their approval for the venue change or someone at HQ seriously jumped the gun by allowing tickets for CP to go on sale.