Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Should be played in Newbridge and hard luck on all those Mayo supporters.

We know it won't though because of €€€€€€€€€€

Funny thing is, even though the majority of Mayo supporters will miss out you couldn't see them kicking up a fuss if it was played in Newbridge.

It would be a bigger ticket frenzy than the All-Ireland, imagine the hype.
#newbridgeornowhere

An Fhairche Abu

Mayo4Sam

What are you on about Dinny? Where will it be played?
I enjoyed my trip to Newbridge this year, unlike four years ago when Kevin Keane dropped one in.

I'd be worried about Kildare, ye have Mayos kryptonite, a big lad in full forward that can score goals. Luckily you don't have our secondary kryptonite, 15 lads behind the ball

My guess would be it'll be on telly and so it'll be Saturday evening
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Donnellys Hollow

Handy one for Mayo. All the Kildare boys will be at the Derby.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Mac2

A right tough one for Mayo, SOS gone and our backs all over the place, throw in the heat with a lot of fellas over 30, the persistence with Cafferkey and Coen and you've a recipe for calamity.

Dinny Breen

Capacity for Newbridge is set for approx 8k. Kildare have tried to get H&S to push this out to 10K with little success.

Mayo would bring 10K on their own.

The GAA will try and move this to Portlaoise or Tullamore. The Kildare CB are jellyfish so it will be moved.

As DH said the Derby is on late Saturday afternoon.

Newbridge for the football, Kildare Town for the craic afterwards, would be a great Saturday evening.
#newbridgeornowhere

mup

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2018, 09:45:13 AM
Capacity for Newbridge is set for approx 8k. Kildare have tried to get H&S to push this out to 10K with little success.

The GAA will try and move this to Portlaoise or Tullamore. The Kildare CB are jellyfish so it will be moved.

Newbridge for the football, Kildare Town for the craic afterwards, would be a great Saturday evening.

Are you serious?

Crete Boom

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Funny thing is, even though the majority of Mayo supporters will miss out you couldn't see them kicking up a fuss if it was played in Newbridge.

Is the capacity not about 8K or 9K, which should be enough? I know we bring about 9K to matches but in other sports if you are the away crowd it is tough luck and the atmoshpere would be hopping in Newbridge for the match!! I had a great time watching a league game there in 2014 then down to a great pub Dinny recommended to watch Ireland beat Scotand in the six nations!!

Mayo4Sam

It would be a pain in the bollix with traffic. Not sure I've ever been to a match in Tullamore
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Dinny Breen

Quote from: mup on June 25, 2018, 09:47:28 AM

Are you serious?

Unless they have had a spine transplant, watch how it plays out, Kildare will be incentivised to move it, probably behind close doors. The only thing the KCB care about is €€€€. Remember the Limerick game a few years ago.
#newbridgeornowhere

Tubberman

Quote from: Crete Boom on June 25, 2018, 09:51:47 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Is the capacity not about 8K or 9K, which should be enough? I know we bring about 9K to matches but in other sports if you are the away crowd it is tough luck and the atmoshpere would be hopping in Newbridge for the match!! I had a great time watching a league game there in 2014 then down to a great pub Dinny recommended to watch Ireland beat Scotand in the six nations!!

How many season ticket holders are there though? More than 8/9k between both counties anyway. Season ticket holders are 'guaranteed' tickets to their counties matches, so I'd say it will have to be moved on those grounds (pardon the pun) alone.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Jinxy

This has Kildare ambush written all over it.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jinxy

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on June 25, 2018, 09:52:50 AM
It would be a pain in the bollix with traffic. Not sure I've ever been to a match in Tullamore

Best little stadium in the country.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

highorlow

QuoteHow many season ticket holders are there though?

We have 4k they have 3k
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

mup

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2018, 09:53:55 AM
Quote from: mup on June 25, 2018, 09:47:28 AM

Are you serious?

Unless they have had a spine transplant, watch how it plays out, Kildare will be incentivised to move it, probably behind close doors. The only thing the KCB care about is €€€€. Remember the Limerick game a few years ago.

They should be ashamed if they agree to move it.