iphone applications

Started by imtommygunn, January 04, 2009, 09:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Band of the day - free App
MWWSI 2017

thebigfella

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on July 31, 2014, 01:54:03 PM
VLC for iOS is back on the app store for iPhone and iPad. It was briefly on before a few years back but Apple pulled it. Very handy for putting your own videos on iPhone/iPad without the need to convert. Seems to be a few upgrades as well to the original version I had like being able to add videos over the wi-fi. I'd imagine it is approved by Apple now so won't be pulled again.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/vlc-ios/id650377962

Apple didn't pull it. VLC had to pull it, it's codecs etc.. Are open source and they could comply due to a conflict with the apple licensing.

Download it quick as it's very good and could very likely disappear again.

Syferus

Quote from: thebigfella on July 31, 2014, 07:25:23 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on July 31, 2014, 01:54:03 PM
VLC for iOS is back on the app store for iPhone and iPad. It was briefly on before a few years back but Apple pulled it. Very handy for putting your own videos on iPhone/iPad without the need to convert. Seems to be a few upgrades as well to the original version I had like being able to add videos over the wi-fi. I'd imagine it is approved by Apple now so won't be pulled again.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/vlc-ios/id650377962

Apple didn't pull it. VLC had to pull it, it's codecs etc.. Are open source and they could comply due to a conflict with the apple licensing.

Download it quick as it's very good and could very likely disappear again.

I was about to buy Infuse when I heard VLC was back a while ago. It's been available since July 2013 so it shouldn't be disappearing again.

VLC is as good a media player as you can find and it's updated to suit the design of iOS 7, basically it's as good as any paid app and looks good on top of it. Setting up a web server and sending files over wifi to it is a breeze too.

laoislad

Is it possible to buy something from an app store outside of Ireland?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

thebigfella

Quote from: laoislad on August 30, 2014, 07:23:25 PM

Yes but you need a credit card from that country

laoislad

Quote from: thebigfella on August 30, 2014, 07:56:32 PM

Fair enough,no good to be so thanks anyway.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Syferus

Quote from: thebigfella on August 30, 2014, 07:56:32 PM

Nope, just get a cheap gift code online from the country whose store you want something from and you can set up an account with it without using a credit card.