Mayo V Down- All Ireland Quarter Final

Started by Sam2011, July 28, 2012, 08:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam2011

5 Sams

John Maughan and Barney Rock on RTE earlier saying that Mayo will be delighted with that draw..we'll see.
The Aristocrat Years

Collins

Both sides happy. No point in denying it.

babarino

I would never have thought that Down, after 35 minutes in the Athletic Grounds, they'd reach a semi this year, but lo and behold, they're against Mayo.

Exactly the kind of outfit that suit Down.

Very interesting tie and it should be a great match.

tom,dick and harry

Doesnt matter who down get, they have no chance in the ALL IRELAND

Agent Orange

This could be a good game of football, neither side can defend so it will be a very open game of football. Mayo should win it, but they'll go no further. Down were very lucky to get out of Mullingar by all accounts, lucky goal and a very soft ref.

Syferus

Quote from: Agent Orange on July 29, 2012, 12:27:13 AM
This could be a good game of football, neither side can defend so it will be a very open game of football. Mayo should win it, but they'll go no further. Down were very lucky to get out of Mullingar by all accounts, lucky goal and a very soft ref.

I don't know what Mayo side you've been watching but their backs are rock solid. It'll take plenty from Poland, Coulter and Co if they want to rack up a winning scoreline.

Agent Orange

Quote from: Syferus on July 29, 2012, 12:30:23 AM
I don't know what Mayo side you've been watching but their backs are rock solid.

They didn't look very solid for long periods against Sligo. Neither Mayo or Down will be playing football on the third sunday in September so I wouldn't get too wound up about it.

Syferus

Quote from: Agent Orange on July 29, 2012, 12:43:21 AM
I don't know what Mayo side you've been watching but their backs are rock solid.

They didn't look very solid for long periods against Sligo. Neither Mayo or Down will be playing football on the third sunday in September so I wouldn't get too wound up about it.

Mayo are plenty capable of making the AI final with this draw, but whether they have a live chance of actually winning it is about what enters their heads on AI final day rather than what leaves their boots.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Agent Orange on July 29, 2012, 12:27:13 AM

Defending is not Mayos problem.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Syferus on July 29, 2012, 12:47:11 AM

Mayo are plenty capable of making the AI final with this draw, but whether they have a live chance of actually winning it is about what enters their heads on AI final day rather than what leaves their boots.

Mayo will be your tip for the All Ireland this year?

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 29, 2012, 01:01:46 AM

No, sure Tipp'll beat them.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Syferus on July 29, 2012, 01:03:41 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 29, 2012, 01:01:46 AM

No, sure Tipp'll beat them.

A yes it is then.

Pangurban

Agent Orange you are a sad embittered individual, with no trace of sportmanship in your make up, and an embarrassment to the genuine supporters in your County. At least if we do lose, which is not as often as your lot, we will do so with a smile

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: babarino on July 28, 2012, 11:17:21 PM
I would never have thought that Down, after 35 minutes in the Athletic Grounds, they'd reach a semi this year, but lo and behold, they're against Mayo.
Exactly the kind of outfit that suit Down.

Mayo are not like traditional Mayo (or Galway for that matter) sides under Horan. In fact they are quite cynical and negative at times when they have to be. I'm not knocking them by the way. Even we should be playing more like they do.

I think they will probably beat Down.