Leinster Senior Football Championship 2020

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, November 07, 2020, 12:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser Söze

So just to be clear, it's money that LCB would have to match that isn't been drawn down?
Or is there other "free money" also?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

clonadmad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on November 23, 2020, 10:32:00 PM
So just to be clear, it's money that LCB would have to match that isn't been drawn down?

It's money that they could draw down but haven't,they don't have to match it.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Meanwhile the draw for the Senior Championship semi finals has taken place.

Ballyfin v Portarlington
Emo v Graiguecullen

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2020/11/23/laois-senior-football-championship-semi-final-draw-made/
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

High Fielder

Quote from: clonadmad on November 23, 2020, 11:16:59 PM

Jesus. Compete with Dublin? I don't think we could compete with Dublin clubs at that rate. It becomes more obvious with each passing day that we're wasting our time here. I wonder what CB delegate has the balls to stand up at Convention and say that this intercounty system is bolloxed. I see poor old Louth decided to burn some good money too. The innocence of it. Jesus turned water into wine and Mickey Harte turned a Division 3 team into All Ireland contenders

clonadmad

Quote from: High Fielder on November 24, 2020, 07:29:47 AM

Jesus. Compete with Dublin? I don't think we could compete with Dublin clubs at that rate. It becomes more obvious with each passing day that we're wasting our time here. I wonder what CB delegate has the balls to stand up at Convention and say that this intercounty system is bolloxed. I see poor old Louth decided to burn some good money too. The innocence of it. Jesus turned water into wine and Mickey Harte turned a Division 3 team into All Ireland contenders

Where did I say compete with Dublin?

High Fielder

No I was just drawing a comparison. I'd say some of the bigger clubs in Dublin have at least 1 GDA. I have long since been of the opinion that a Games Development Officer is needed for the Portlaoise area. It looks like we're determined to run this on a very thin budget without any room to manoeuvre. Zero innovation with little emphasis on development

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on November 24, 2020, 12:27:56 AM
Meanwhile the draw for the Senior Championship semi finals has taken place.

Ballyfin v Portarlington
Emo v Graiguecullen

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2020/11/23/laois-senior-football-championship-semi-final-draw-made/

Should be two cracking semi-finals. The club championship is miles more entertaining than this inter-county craic. I think Ballyfin could surprise Port. Some of the football they've played this season has been quality.

redsetanta

It's a very open championship and all teams would fancy their chances of winning the title.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Laois Rising

It baffles me with the huge number of girls and lads leaving college with degrees in sports management and the likes that these positions cannot be filled. Dublin recruit young enthusiastic female and male coaches who will move on after a couple of years but they bring an energy, drive with them for the time that they are in the position.   

clonadmad

Quote from: High Fielder on November 24, 2020, 09:44:31 AM
No I was just drawing a comparison. I'd say some of the bigger clubs in Dublin have at least 1 GDA. I have long since been of the opinion that a Games Development Officer is needed for the Portlaoise area. It looks like we're determined to run this on a very thin budget without any room to manoeuvre. Zero innovation with little emphasis on development

The Strategic Plan recommended a GDA for Portlaoise Parish,Which HQ were favorably disposed towards funding

That was 2 years ago

One of many recommendations,many of them revenue neutral which weren't acted upon

High Fielder

I see the Musical Chair Brigade in full force attacking the keyboard warriors. Lest they forget, our two senior managers also questioned them about this. One of which has since walked away from them. They have all the answers alright