Leinster Club Football Championship 2018

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, August 19, 2018, 03:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

town1980

Half time and we have kicked I think 9 wides I think in saying that we are way to open and the kilmacud unit just have so much space ,, please god we convert a few of them chances were holding mansion well so far

Don Draper

I hate to say I told you so guys, but well, you know

Hard luck Portlaoise.

SpeculativeEffort

Don Draper you're a miserable person.

Rogers came on and scored a goal..he also put himself forward and struck a decent penalty. It was an excellent save. That is life.

Do you ever do anything yourself or just try bring others down to your own level?

ollie12

Hard luck portlaoise. Kicked some terrible wides. Rodgers is human, and humans miss penalties.  Don't go knocking the lad and throw him under a bus. He certainly owes that portlaoise team nothing.

Don Draper

Weekly hit at a nice height. I merely said he wasn't the quality others believed him to be, and that I wouldn't wish to depend on him, sorry if I don't blow smoke up their arses like some do. I didn't question his parenthood or anything.

This is a fine Portlaoise side who have yet again let another year pass them by, once is unfortunate, twice is careless, but this is too much now. We're a great county for a moral defeat. I don't believe Malachy or this Portlaoise side care for them, but it's another one and combined with last year and that sending off, they should really be going for back to back.

Jd

Not a Portlaoise  man by any means but I thought they deserved a lot more from that match.  Does anyone  else feel that kilmacud  got all the 50/50 decisions. Sadly I think Brunos  time has come.  Incredibly  wasteful  today.  And despite  Portlaoise  kicking wide after wide they should have at least taken it to extra time.  Very poor penalty.  I thought.  He actually tried to chip  the keeper into the top corner.  Was surprised  Cahalane  didn't take it!!

High Fielder

I think the best team won on the day. The first half was an eye opener and the pace of Kilmacud simply destroyed Portlaoise at times. You can't let teams carve you open that easily, and it was disappointing to see how easily Kilmacud got into scoring positions. Yes Portlaoise kicked wides, but they were under pressure or not clear cut chances. That was the difference between the two sides in the first half. Kilmacud worked their way into scoring positions far too easily, and their miss rate was low. Portlaoise worked hard for what they got and made a lot of bad decisions in their forwards when patience was needed. It was a massive bonus to go in only 3 points down.

The second half clearly showed that Kilmacud had started too quickly. They couldn't go that pace for an entire game, and they were getting turned over. When the game was in the melting pot, they found a way, and I don't know how, to go ahead again. They looked like a beaten team at that point, notwithstanding Portlaoise still making some bad decisions. Like all the previous years before, it was there for Portlaoise, but certain players were tiring and mistakes were kicking in. The penalty doesn't worry me, because a draw would not have been a fair result. With each passing year, a different type of team seems to present a different type of challenge, and Portlaoise just nook that little bit naive on each occasion. I would never doubt their ability but they need to find a cute whoor streak from somewhere. They also need to go in en masse to the Laois set up, because Sugrue will improve them and they will improve Laois.

All of the above said, I thought David Seale was awesome today.

Tony

Hard luck to Portlaoise but the better team won on the day. Completely agree with High Fielder in that if more portlaoise lads row in behind the laois setup, then it's a win win for everybody. It raises everybody's level, including their own and their club. I hope we get 8 - 10 or so Portlaoise lads in the Laois set up for 2019. They are so far ahead in Laois that I really don't think that 8-10 players from the town on the squad would be over doing it. And Don, this forum is doing well, generally. Do not bring it down the swan hole with that rubbish. There's a way to say anything without being disrespectful to players and management. Being disrespectful about amateur players online ANONYMOUSLY is just about the most pathethic and cowardly act I can think of. Hiding behind your faceless "don draper" username; knowing the person behind it just makes me cringe to be honest. Cut it out.

imtommygunn

ILikeStrawberryJam

Baffled as to why cahillane didnt take it. Is he not the regular penalty taker?
Very poor first 20 mins. Panic set in a little i though with erratic shooting.
Benny Carroll was a big loss.
Thought Seale was very good. Mcevoy too. Dillon again was excellent.
Hard on them continually falling just short.
Will mcnulty stay on? Bruno got another year in him?
Would be good to see seale and mcevoy join the laois panel. Maybe finn and saunders too.

Would be great if certain heads could raise above the pointless bitching & nit picking that goes on here.
Loads of great posters on here. Would be amuch bettter site without it.

Laoiseabu

Seale was number 3. Does anyone think that seale deserves another shot with Laois ? I know he was involved a few years ago and it didn't work out but he was thrown straight in at the deepend against Galway in division 2 and was on Damien Comer. Maybe he's worth another shot now as he's older and more mature.

Helix

Good to see a decent laois crowd there. Lads from Joseph's Clonaslee and Annanough as well as few others  scattered around. Left it behind them with wayward shooting in 1st half. Kilmacud probably go on and beat the Longford crowd. They were far more composed on the ball than Portlaoise and got their scores handier. That full back Andrew McGowan for Kilmacud very decent player came out with a fair amount of ball. He'll  be very decent for Dublin seniors in not too distant future.

It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Laoiseabu

Them Longford boys have a population of 350 human beings including man and woman ,young and old, babies  and grandparents . These are a different kettle of bananas these guys . Could give kilmacud a fair rattle .

les Antiques

Hard luck to Portlaoise. It just seemed they were always that little behind Crokes even when they pulled level .
Seale was immense and hopefully will be given another opportunity with the county . I'm sure he will . Rogers made a big impact when he came on and was a general nuisance .
Healys desire for the jersey is incredible but I think the pace of the game  this year has caught up with him . Regardless he owes portlaoise nothing .
Thought that brody save before half time was special .
Don't think the final will be that clear cut but expect Crokes to prevail .

BallyroanAbu

Kilmacud for such a big club didn't bring many 1200 was the attendance seemed bigger