Where do people stop sayin "aye"

Started by omaghjoe, June 07, 2016, 04:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Do you say it in Cavan? Louth? Leitrim? Sligo?

Im fairly well sure no one says it in Meath Longford or Roscommon?

The Subbie

1/2 way between Carrickmacross and Ardee (hi) is what I reckon.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 07, 2016, 04:18:43 AM

You were obviously never in Roscommon.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on June 07, 2016, 11:17:45 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on June 07, 2016, 04:18:43 AM

You were obviously never in Roscommon.
You are more likely to hear 'like' and "lookit" in Ros
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

NAG1

I would like to know when ulster scots was first invented (discovered)

Just seems to me that with the rise of Irish Language and the Irish culture in general there was a real need for the Unionists to have a 'Kulture' that they could point too other that than the orangemen and the glorious 12th. Low and behold we then find that there was ulster scots after all.  ???

AhNowRef

Quote from: NAG1 on June 07, 2016, 12:23:22 PM
I would like to know when ulster scots was first invented (discovered)

Just seems to me that with the rise of Irish Language and the Irish culture in general there was a real need for the Unionists to have a 'Kulture' that they could point too other that than the orangemen and the glorious 12th. Low and behold we then find that there was ulster scots after all.  ???

Yep, thats exactly it...  Its all a foil for the Irish Language .. childish stuff but what can ye do...

It was part of the Good Friday Agreement .. Simple Trimble had a brain wave (which could have killed him  ::) ) and put a blocker in if this "Ulster Scots" thing wasnt included ... up until that point I can genuinely say I'd never heard tell of it before..

I actually signed up to their website a few years ago and asked them to suggest some good books for learning the grammatical nuances of Ulster Scots .. I never got a reply...  Obviously they were still trying to make it up at that stage .. cringeworthly  :o

Its a bit like the way Paisley used to try and claim Paddies day as "their" day .. and I noticed it happening again this year where lots of Unionists were claiming it .. Ruth Patterson, the genius that she is, claimed on the Talkback radio show that she believed St Patrick was a protestant  ??? .. the worst thing about that story is that its true  :-\ ....

They just cant abide the Fenians having something for themselves ....

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: AhNowRef on June 07, 2016, 01:05:16 PM

Its a bit like the way Paisley used to try and claim Paddies day as "their" day .. and I noticed it happening again this year where lots of Unionists were claiming it .. Ruth Patterson, the genius that she is, claimed on the Talkback radio show that she believed St Patrick was a protestant  ??? .. the worst thing about that story is that its true  :-\ ....

It was pointed out to her at the time that he couldn't have been a Protestant as he was alive 1000 years before the reformation of the church ::) ::) ::)

But that's the level of intelligence and thought you are dealing with.

AhNowRef

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on June 07, 2016, 01:24:15 PM
Quote from: AhNowRef on June 07, 2016, 01:05:16 PM

It was pointed out to her at the time that he couldn't have been a Protestant as he was alive 1000 years before the reformation of the church ::) ::) ::)

But that's the level of intelligence and thought you are dealing with.

lol .. Yep, complete knuckle draggers  ::) ... but thats what we have to live with !!!

Orior

Quote from: armaghniac on June 07, 2016, 10:54:28 AM

There should be some traces of ulster scots (aka scotch irish) along the east down coast i.e. Attical and Ballymartin
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

general_lee

Where do people stop saying "wee"? Drogheda? 

AhNowRef

Quote from: general_lee on June 07, 2016, 01:51:39 PM
Where do people stop saying "wee"? Drogheda?

At the bottom of the slide  :P

ziggysego

Aye, I know what you mean hi. Say it a lot here.
Testing Accessibility

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

I say oxter, guttie and soda farl. I am fluent in Ulcer Scats.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"