Who's working today.

Started by Snowed Under, January 04, 2008, 08:51:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red hander

Walked 2 miles down the Falls Road into work through 6 inches of snow.  Transtink said this morning on the radio its Metro bus service was seriously curtailed ... must admit I didn't notice any difference from their normal service, the useless ballixes

Gnevin

Quote from: Snowed Under on January 04, 2008, 08:51:20 AM
Drove 50 mile into work and currently two of us in, if noone else shows by 9.30 under Health and Safety we go home.  ;D
What rule is that?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Square Ball

walked into work myself at 07:15 down the Ormeau road, place was dead and little traffic on the roads. Strangest thing was two girls wearing skirts and hi-heels (they did have other clothes) trying to walk in 6 inches of snow.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Snowed Under

Quote from: Gnevin on January 04, 2008, 12:17:01 PM
Quote from: Snowed Under on January 04, 2008, 08:51:20 AM
Drove 50 mile into work and currently two of us in, if noone else shows by 9.30 under Health and Safety we go home.  ;D
What rule is that?

Under our Health and Safety, no one is allowed in a buliding on their own; even if there is two one may go out to the toliet or go to shop and other could have an accident, hope that clarifies that for you.

take_yer_points

Quote from: red hander on January 04, 2008, 12:13:54 PM
Walked 2 miles down the Falls Road into work through 6 inches of snow.  Transtink said this morning on the radio its Metro bus service was seriously curtailed ... must admit I didn't notice any difference from their normal service, the useless ballixes

Haha!! too right - when are they not seriously curtailed!! I left the car at home this morning thinking I'd so the sensible thing and take the bus!! Now I hear the buses aren't running at all in Belfast!! If I can't get a taxi to take me home right and quick after work I'll be heading to Bar Bacca for the 2 for 1 on pints!! (New Year's resolution gone already :-[)