Galway vs Dublin - All Ireland Semi Final - 11/8/2018

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 06, 2018, 02:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam14

Can Galway get on any better than Tyrone did last year?
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Syferus

Here lies the Galway hype train born February 2018 - died 11th August 2018.

May it rest in piece.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Syferus on August 06, 2018, 02:08:34 PM

May it rest in piece.

I'll be sure to save the a space beside the headstone that reads "Here lie Roscommon- who won two championship games all year (against division three and four teams).

Syferus

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 06, 2018, 02:19:36 PM

May it rest in piece.

I'll be sure to save the a space beside the headstone that reads "Here lie Roscommon- who won two championship games all year (against division three and four teams).

More than the noisy neigbours achieved anyways. Keep singing Garth Brooks and the good times will come, though.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Syferus on August 06, 2018, 02:22:04 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 06, 2018, 02:19:36 PM

May it rest in piece.

More than the noisy neigbours achieved anyways. Keep singing Garth Brooks and the good times will come, though.

Well at least yous got a chance to embarrass yourselves on a national stage this yeat

giveballaghback

Great start to a thread for an all-Ireland semi-final, would ye gobs..... ever post about the match.

An Fhairche Abu

It's mental, thread not even started by a member from one the counties involved, no one from Galway or Dublin gives a shite about the Rossies or Mayo at this time of the year.

As for the match, hopeful of a good Galway performance on the day but the Dublin squad are a fantastic outfit that are clearly better than everyone else in the country so you have to remain realistic. This is still the best year for the Galway seniors in 17 years regardless of Saturday's outcome.

GalwayBayBoy

Hopefully we can put on a good display anyway. Won't be hard to beat the non-effort we served up last weekend. A big ask though needless to say. Dubs rested a lot of players and still stuck 4-24 on the Rossies. Again just have to hang in the game with them as long as possible. Nightmare scenario is the Dubs sneaking in for a couple of early goals and you are left chasing the game after that. Don't want to be doing that against Dublin.

galwayman

From what I hear Sean Kelly's injury was cramp not a hammer strain.
Not sure about Kerin though - I missed it live but I hear it looked like a hammer tweak?
You'd imagine the complete lack of intensity on Saturday won't be replicated next week.
If it is the game will be over at half time.
Dublin will win but if the intensity levels are where they should be then we should give it a decent go.

SouthDublinBro

Not buying that Monaghan are any better than Galway who had no reason to go all out in that game. Galway certainly have the midfield to give us a good challenge.

seafoid

4 in a row is a big ask which is why it is so rare. Galway should give it a right lash.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on August 06, 2018, 09:03:24 PM
4 in a row is a big ask which is why it is so rare. Galway should give it a right lash.

I know it's mushroom season and this year is an bountiful one. But I think you are picking e wrong ones.

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 06, 2018, 09:12:38 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 06, 2018, 09:03:24 PM

I know it's mushroom season and this year is an bountiful one. But I think you are picking e wrong ones.
Sher Mayo never lost by more than a point and had no forwards
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

DJGaliv

Just ignore lads not talking about the game.

At least we won't be hyped coming into this game. What have we to lose really? Put up a decent show against the Dubs and everyone will be happy. Pressure is off in one sense. Also usually on the back of a non-performance we are back home thinking of next season. At least this time we get to have another crack and hopefully learn how poor we look when we aren't at the right level of intensity! We just can't afford that.

I'd say Heaney will come back in for GOD, Duggan might get in for Cooke, and would be huge if Michael Daly was back as I think we need to leave Walsh up the field. Hopefully, Kerin and Kelly are fit too.

The loss of Conroy's experience is massive really, but hope that having Cooke's legs off the bench would be very helpful with Duggan now back.

From the Bunker

Don't go in with the '' There's nothing to lose attitude''. First of all there is a game to lose. Secondly there is a potential hammering. Thirdly there's a AI final place. Fourthly there's beating Dublin. After that is dream world. These chances don't come around often! There is something to lose if you have got this far.