TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur_Friend

Big Little Lies is well worth a watch.

laoislad

Quote from: bennydorano on December 21, 2017, 11:47:30 PM
Watched Episode 1 of Counterpoint, a new sci-fi show tipped for big things (starring JK Simmons). Interesting & entertaining.
FYI It's actually called Counterpart. Couldn't find a show called Counterpoint so I googled JK Simmons and found it that way.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

An Watcher

Flip I think peaky is great viewing but each to their own I suppose

Tony Baloney

Don Johnson

Quote from: bennydorano on December 20, 2017, 11:40:09 PM
I gave up on this series of Peakys, it's turned shite, same story rehashed.

I thought Series 3 was terrible and this series in general was a return to form.

screenexile

Black Mirror knocking it out of the park again!

On the 4th episode here and it's as innovative and sharp as ever!!

Main Street

French legal/crime drama Spiral is back, 6th season 12 episodes.
Ep 1& 2 on tonight BBC4 9pm, après  le watershed.

Never beat the deeler

Stumbled across Manhunt: Unabomber last night and ended up watching 4 episodes.

Seems very good so far - based on how FBI profiler helped track down the unabomber - serial killer in the states from late 70s to early 90s.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5618256/
Hasta la victoria siempre

straightred

Quote from: screenexile on December 30, 2017, 12:46:32 AM

I watched the first episode of s1 when the PM had to shag a pig - haven't managed to go back to it since. Do I need to get over myself  :-\

thewobbler

Quote from: straightred on January 01, 2018, 11:43:08 PM
Quote from: screenexile on December 30, 2017, 12:46:32 AM

I watched the first episode of s1 when the PM had to shag a pig - haven't managed to go back to it since. Do I need to get over myself  :-\

Yes.

The pig episode was great for headlines and noteriety but is much more brash and graphic than anything that follows.

San Juniper episode is extraordinary.

themac_23

Loved Narcos season 3, was wondering how it would go without escobar but they nailed it. think they'll do a 4th series in Mexico, if they can get it a clean enough break like this one then ill have it watched in days again

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on January 01, 2018, 11:04:53 PM
Stumbled across Manhunt: Unabomber last night and ended up watching 4 episodes.

Seems very good so far - based on how FBI profiler helped track down the unabomber - serial killer in the states from late 70s to early 90s.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5618256/
Watched the whole series and thought it was excellent
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

JimStynes

Gomorrah lads! Amazing show. On episode 6 of Season 3 and it's excellent once again.

lurganblue

Quote from: JimStynes on January 02, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Gomorrah lads! Amazing show. On episode 6 of Season 3 and it's excellent once again.

I tried watching this about a year ago and always struggled to find the right streams. wish it was on netflix.

Hardy

McMafia anybody? Not too impressed so far. Boilerplate plot, unsympathetic characters, the lead character has the personality of a suck calf and the actor has the range of expression of a bench. We'll give it another episode, maybe.