Leinster Club Chamapionship

Started by INDIANA, November 10, 2013, 06:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Didn't see a thread for this.

Good win for Vincents over Lomans. Down to 14 men for 50 mins and 3 games in a week we're delighted with the win.

Connolly was a huge loss and will continue to be. Lomans were piss poor though. Had no idea how to use the spare man and with Heslin struggling from frees they had little outlets bar Sharry who put in a decent shift as a third midfielder. Can;t believe Lomans won Westmeath to be honest. Wouldn't make the last 8 in Dublin.

Heslin isn't a full forward anyway.

Fennell, Concaar, Quinn and Diamond were best for us. Hopefully get some rest in for 2 weeks. They will definitely appeal Brennan's red card as it looked harsh. May not get him off.

I'd imagine Summerhill will be a big step up from today. Will be difficult without Connolly and even more if Brennan is missing too.

gerrykeegan

Missed Brennan's red card. I heard a shout and as I looked up the Umpire had already his hand out. He saw it clearly enough to tell the ref, that he had to go. Couldn't understand Heslin in the first half with his frees. He is so prolific ordinarily. He dropped two short enough frees at least 20 yards short. Poor enough game. I thought Fennell played very well. Good crowd down from Dublin.

2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Jinxy

Where will the Summerhill game be played?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

INDIANA

INDIANA

Quote from: gerrykeegan on November 10, 2013, 06:29:08 PM
Missed Brennan's red card. I heard a shout and as I looked up the Umpire had already his hand out. He saw it clearly enough to tell the ref, that he had to go. Couldn't understand Heslin in the first half with his frees. He is so prolific ordinarily. He dropped two short enough frees at least 20 yards short. Poor enough game. I thought Fennell played very well. Good crowd down from Dublin.

was a poor game our lads were understandably tired and then down to 14 men as well. Lomans hadn't a breeze what to do with the spare man. Should have taken Heslin out to mark Fennell as the lad marking Fennell couldn't deal with him at all. Its not as if Fennell will win any 100m races but he'll catch the ball if you let him.

shark

Quote from: INDIANA on November 10, 2013, 06:04:23 PM
Can;t believe Lomans won Westmeath to be honest. Wouldn't make the last 8 in Dublin.

Westmeath isn't a particularly strong championship at the moment.  The Garrycastle team that made the All-Ireland Final had been on the go for 11/12 years at that stage, and Loman's still only beat them (minus Dessie Dolan) with an injury time goal.  Shamrocks got well beaten by Ballymun last year.

Kilmacud didn't make the last 8 in Dublin.  St.Jude's made the last 4.  Championship can be funny, you'd be surprised how far a team like Loman's may get.  I'm surprised every year by Dublin posters being shocked that the standard in the rest of Leinster (bar a few notable exceptions) is poorer than what they are used to in Dublin.  It's probably easy to take the standard of your own championship for granted when you're looking at it for so long.

Summerhill are a more physical side than Loman's, and are a real 'team', in that they don't rely on 1 or 2 players (Heslin & Sharry).  They will also have someone (Gillespie) fit to go head to head with Fennell.  They won't be a massive step up over Loman's overall though I would think.

INDIANA

Quote from: shark on November 10, 2013, 07:41:27 PM
Can;t believe Lomans won Westmeath to be honest. Wouldn't make the last 8 in Dublin.

Westmeath isn't a particularly strong championship at the moment.  The Garrycastle team that made the All-Ireland Final had been on the go for 11/12 years at that stage, and Loman's still only beat them (minus Dessie Dolan) with an injury time goal.  Shamrocks got well beaten by Ballymun last year.

Kilmacud didn't make the last 8 in Dublin.  St.Jude's made the last 4.  Championship can be funny, you'd be surprised how far a team like Loman's may get.  I'm surprised every year by Dublin posters being shocked that the standard in the rest of Leinster (bar a few notable exceptions) is poorer than what they are used to in Dublin.  It's probably easy to take the standard of your own championship for granted when you're looking at it for so long.

Summerhill are a more physical side than Loman's, and are a real 'team', in that they don't rely on 1 or 2 players (Heslin & Sharry).  They will also have someone (Gillespie) fit to go head to head with Fennell.  They won't be a massive step up over Loman's overall though I would think.

I would be surprised if they aren't much better then Lomans. Have 3-4 county players and some good young players as well. Newtown are no mugs and that was a good win today for Summerhill.

Other side of the draw looks harder

shark

Quote from: INDIANA on November 10, 2013, 08:03:42 PM
Quote from: shark on November 10, 2013, 07:41:27 PM

I would be surprised if they aren't much better then Lomans. Have 3-4 county players and some good young players as well. Newtown are no mugs and that was a good win today for Summerhill.

Other side of the draw looks harder

Other side is harder alright, Moorefield and Portlaoise both know what it takes to win Leinster.