Limerick hurlers

Started by INDIANA, November 05, 2009, 10:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Can't say I agree with Justin on this one getting rid of half the panel. Its his perogative but you'd wonder whether they have the replacements. i don't know enough about the limerick to know whether they do or not. Getting rid of lucey, o shaughnessy and moran is madness.

Andrew O Shaughnessy accoring to the Limerick Leader has been diagonsed with MS. Just 25- incurable as well. Heart goes out to him. Thats just awful,awful news.

Minder

Regardless of having the replacements was there not rumour they were acting the maggot?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Lecale2

Damian Reale has walked off the panel in protest.

INDIANA

Quote from: Minder on November 05, 2009, 10:35:37 PM
Regardless of having the replacements was there not rumour they were acting the maggot?

According to the limerick media Niall Moran doesn't drink or smoke and has been consistently one of their best forwards in the county. That sounds strange to me - if they have better players -fair enough. i'm just asking do they.

orangeman

Quote from: INDIANA on November 05, 2009, 10:29:19 PM
Can't say I agree with Justin on this one getting rid of half the panel. Its his perogative but you'd wonder whether they have the replacements. i don't know enough about the limerick to know whether they do or not. Getting rid of lucey, o shaughnessy and moran is madness.

Andrew O Shaughnessy accoring to the Limerick Leader has been diagonsed with MS. Just 25- incurable as well. Heart goes out to him. Thats just awful,awful news.

Fairly puts things into perspective. Seriously bad news.  Mickey Harte is running a big fight night in Fintona this Saturday night for MS.

INDIANA

Quote from: orangeman on November 05, 2009, 10:38:20 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on November 05, 2009, 10:29:19 PM

Fairly puts things into perspective. Seriously bad news.  Mickey Harte is running a big fight night in Fintona this Saturday night for MS.

puts everything into perspective.

imtommygunn

Not nice. I know a girl who got married last year and was diagnosed with it.

There can be different severities of it as far as I know, though no expert, so hopefully he has the least severe.

To get diagnosed with it young and know there's a lot of pain ahead of you must be tough.

Limerick hurling hasn't been right, even with an AIF appearance and semi this year, since Gary Kirby days from what I can see. They should be better than what they are but things like attitude may be what the issue is.

Reillers

Gutted for the young lad O Shaughnessy. He's not even 25 yet. It really flings things into persepctive. Heart goes out to him, it's absolutely heartbreaking news for him. Awful, awful news.

thejuice

Awful about O'Shaughnessy. Wish him all the best. An old friend of mine had it, its a terrible condition to have. hopefully Andrew's form of it wont be the worst.

Haven't taken the time to read into the situation with the managment. But it's just a pity as it seems like they have plenty of talent in both codes.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Croí na hÉireann

Shocking news, I thought his form had fairly collapsed since 07, looks like there was an underlying reason. The drugs for MS are much improved these days so hopefully he can manage his illness
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

orangeman

Limerick's senior hurlers are expected to meet over the weekend to discuss recent events surrounding the new panel.

Manager Justin McCarthy caused a stir last week when omitting several big name players for the coming season - a move which led to Damien Reale stepping down in protest at the way in which the process was handled.

It is thought that some players are contemplating following Reale, while a player strike may also be discussed

I can't see any strike action by Limerick hurlers getting the same air play as the Cork ones - without a win in league or championship doesn't really get too many people exercised.

imtommygunn

Quotewithout a win in league or championship doesn't really get too many people exercised.

They were beaten in last years semi-final and got to the final in the more recent past than Cork so not sure where that statement comes from...

Minder

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 06, 2009, 05:30:22 PM
Quotewithout a win in league or championship doesn't really get too many people exercised.

They were beaten in last years semi-final and got to the final in the more recent past than Cork so not sure where that statement comes from...

They had a handy run to this years semi and ambushed a knackered/complacent Waterford in '07.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Zulu

Quote from: orangeman on November 06, 2009, 04:56:55 PM
Limerick's senior hurlers are expected to meet over the weekend to discuss recent events surrounding the new panel.

Manager Justin McCarthy caused a stir last week when omitting several big name players for the coming season - a move which led to Damien Reale stepping down in protest at the way in which the process was handled.

It is thought that some players are contemplating following Reale, while a player strike may also be discussed

I can't see any strike action by Limerick hurlers getting the same air play as the Cork ones - without a win in league or championship doesn't really get too many people exercised.

I thought that defenders of grassroots GAA like yourself would be outraged by the goings on in Clare and Limerick, or is it only when 'successful' teams display the dreaded player power card? I suppose Limerick and Clare aren't as closely aligned to the GPA either so many of ye won't be too bothered about this one.

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on November 06, 2009, 07:57:34 PM
Quote from: orangeman on November 06, 2009, 04:56:55 PM

I thought that defenders of grassroots GAA like yourself would be outraged by the goings on in Clare and Limerick, or is it only when 'successful' teams display the dreaded player power card? I suppose Limerick and Clare aren't as closely aligned to the GPA either so many of ye won't be too bothered about this one.

Are they not alligned to the GPA ??  There's no cpmparison between Clare / Limerick and the boyos from Cork who'll be wondering what to do with themselves this winter.