The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrykeegan

2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Our Nail Loney

No I didnt back Deep Purple today, missed it! Looks like its shaping up to be a good chaser and fulfil the potential it showed last year

Our Nail Loney

PS Top tipping Joxer, come and bask!

Joxer

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on December 19, 2008, 03:57:52 PM
PS Top tipping Joxer, come and bask!

Oh I am Nail!  :D

Would have been a nice wee double there with AP McCoy in the last.  You dont see him riding too many 10-1 shots.

Money to be made on this board!.....somewhere!

Guillem2

Thank God I was on the rip yesterday and didn't read the hype around Jericho.  Could have lost a fortune. I reckon I'll follow McCoy closely today.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

the Deel Rover

your a lucky man guillem2 its going to be a sad christmas for a lot of boys on this thread ya wouldn't know where i could get a chaep turkey by any chance ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Guillem2

Quote from: the Deel Rover on December 20, 2008, 09:30:02 AM
your a lucky man guillem2 its going to be a sad christmas for a lot of boys on this thread ya wouldn't know where i could get a chaep turkey by any chance ?

There's a few running at Navan later this afternoon!
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Guillem2 on December 20, 2008, 09:36:03 AM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on December 20, 2008, 09:30:02 AM

There's a few running at Navan later this afternoon!

:D :D good man guillem i'm on my way
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Our Nail Loney

Any of you doing a scoop 6 today??

2.10 ascot
2.35 hay
2.45 ascot
2.55 new
3.10 hay
3.25 new

My picks - Punchestowns, Theatre Girl, Ashkazar, Riguez Dancer, Idle Talk, Akilak

Homer

Fancy Pettifour for the Long Walk, can't resist taking the 17.0 available on Betfair for the World Hurdle either so watch him break a leg now today.

Binocular is drifting all morning but I still think he'll take all the beating in the Hurdle.

Our Nail Loney

I have went for the Henderson/AP double, Binocular and Aigle d'Or

Homer

Haven't heard a thing for him but Line Ball looks interesting 2.00 Navan. A possible Christmas earner for Christy Roche?

Our Nail Loney

Have done AP's five runners today (Oedipe, Binocular, Duc de Regniere, Aigle dor and I'm the decider) Ten £2 trebles, five £2 quads and a £5 ew accum...

Heres hoping for another super saturday from the master!!

Hardy

I think Katchit is the value bet in the hurdle. People have it in their heads that he can only run at Cheltenham and I'm sure this is adding a point or two to his price that's unjustified. He's running against three four-year-olds and a mare. Four-year-olds don't have a good record in this race. Katchit should be fit after two good outings which he lost because of ground and huge weight. He's only giving 6lb at worst this time and that to the four-year-olds.

Hardy

What a load of nonsense.

Some show by the winner, though. Surely a shoo-in for the Champion Hurdle.