The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Mickey Linden on October 30, 2008, 02:50:15 PM
Many of the board members heading to Down Royal on saturday? Anyone got any details of the card? I know Kauto is running and am looking forward to seeing him tho I feel this may be a race best wathed as he is certain to go a low price on his seasonal debut!

1/2 at the bets mick... Noland going also running again Scotsirish, Fingeronthepulse, Irish Invader and few others...

Havent really got the others narrowed down yet

Listener could be a good ew given the potential conditions

Would def back Corskeagh Royale, great bumper horse last year...

Louth Exile

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on October 30, 2008, 03:21:14 PM
Many of the board members heading to Down Royal on saturday? Anyone got any details of the card? I know Kauto is running and am looking forward to seeing him tho I feel this may be a race best wathed as he is certain to go a low price on his seasonal debut!

1/2 at the bets mick... Noland going also running again Scotsirish, Fingeronthepulse, Irish Invader and few others...

Was placed in the champion bumper at Cheltenham if I remember correctly
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Treasurer

Aran Concerto due to make a return in the next couple of weeks, intersting to see if he lives up to the promise.

boojangles

Homer

Quote from: Louth Exile on October 30, 2008, 04:21:21 PM

Was placed in the champion bumper at Cheltenham if I remember correctly

Aye 2nd behind Cousin Vinny, another machine to stay on the right side of this year.

Don't know which way to go with Kauto at the weekend. 1/2 doesn't look great value but then you see the form of Ruby and Nicholls in Ireland over the past few years...

1st May 2003: Sporazene – Won
1st May 2003: Le Roi Migue – Won
25th April 2007: Neptune Collonges – Won
1st August 2007: Hoo La Baloo – Brought Down
3rd November 2007: Taranis – Won
28th December 2007: Denman – Won
22nd April 2008: Twist Magic – Won
23rd April 2008: Neptune Collonges – Won
30th July 2008: Oslot – Won
12th October 2008: Dear Villez – Won

I might just sit this one out.

boojangles

Sorry hit the wrong button. ye Kauto at 1-2 on Saturday but really shouldnt have any problem winning this.Heard Clive Smith the owner interviewed yesterday and he reckons Kauto is in better form this year than he was this time last year.He seems alot fresher and fitter.
Finger on the Pulse is a horse Id look out 4this year.Same connections as Kicking King I believe.was on it at 12/1 at Cheltenham last year.Won on its reappearance a few weeks ago at Limerick beating Marodima from the Paul Nicholls stable
As for Noland, I would definitley be watching that horse 1st time out before backing it.

Hardy

Flawless performance by Kauto Star. It's just magic to have top class jump racing back. Would make you look forward to the Winter.

stiffler

Just back from down royal , kauto star was unreal, ruby smiling like a cheshire cat as he crossed the line.

The listerner stumbled about 5 fences from home, didnt count.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: stiffler on November 01, 2008, 04:37:12 PM
Just back from down royal , kauto star was unreal, ruby smiling like a cheshire cat as he crossed the line.

Didn't see ya there stiffler, you musta been sneaking about the back

Had money set aside to lump on to Kauto but stuck the wad on Arc Bleu! f**k sake... Got Noland though and the forecast in the same race (Fingeronthepulse second paid 4-1)

Had Nina in the last thought I had it on the run in...

Good racing at Exeter tomorrow... Haven't had a good look yet though as I am still in a bad way after the weekend! Musta been bad pints.

SidelineKick

Nice wee Boylesport special 2day, double on the horses 8/1  ;D
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: SidelineKick on November 03, 2008, 05:53:18 PM
Nice wee Boylesport special 2day, double on the horses 8/1  ;D

What was it SK??

SidelineKick

Actually just checked my winnings it went out to 10/1  ;D ;D

Wee Giant and Takeover Bid (Wolv 2:50 and 5:20)

Edit: If truth be told the actual odds ended up being 1055/100.  Never seen weird odds like that! Not complaining mind you!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

kinghen

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on November 03, 2008, 05:50:08 PM

Had money set aside to lump on to Kauto but stuck the wad on Arc Bleu! f**k sake... Got Noland though and the forecast in the same race (Fingeronthepulse second paid 4-1)

Good racing at Exeter tomorrow... Haven't had a good look yet though as I am still in a bad way after the weekend! Musta been bad pints.

bad pints?? f*cking 60 quid a pop!!!

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: kinghen on November 03, 2008, 06:06:03 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on November 03, 2008, 05:50:08 PM

bad pints?? f*cking 60 quid a pop!!!

I wuoldnt know sure I never gt a round in!

Carmen Stateside

Few bob on Septimus at SP! Dont think i will keep the eyes open for it though!