The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

girt_giggler

only because of his class he got to even be close to a photo finish! poor jumping, like the Kauto of old again im afraid!

Candyman

Did anyone hear them say that just before the off there was a bet of 65k put on Kauto???  :D

bennydorano

Major f$%k up by Ruby, he lost it and he knew it.

High Catch

Quote from: bennydorano on April 03, 2008, 03:00:06 PM

I never seen race, why do you blame Ruby Walsh?

derryexile

How can you blame ruby... this is the first time the horse has been pushed to the front so early a decision taken by the owner and trainer... ruby was riding to instructions and would have won the race if it hadn't of crashed at the second last!

If you knew anything about racing you would have seen that on all previous outings...

Treasurer

Quote from: High Catch on April 03, 2008, 03:06:22 PM

I never seen race, why do you blame Ruby Walsh?

Apparently he rode as instructed by Nicholls, who now says he got it wrong.

Treasurer

bennydorano

Thought he gave it a poor ride (although Nicholl's susequently taking the blame for tactics does clear him somewhat),  I would be of the opinion that it's the jockeys job to get the horse round no matter how suspect the horse's jumping is - that's what they are paid for.  He hit at least 4 fences, nearly landing on top of the second last.

Has Ruby been elevated to the pantheon of untouchables then?

derryexile

Quote from: bennydorano on April 03, 2008, 03:31:40 PM
Thought he gave it a poor ride (although Nicholl's susequently taking the blame for tactics does clear him somewhat),  I would be of the opinion that it's the jockeys job to get the horse round no matter how suspect the horse's jumping is - that's what they are paid for.  He hit at least 4 fences, nearly landing on top of the second last.

WHAT lol

Did the horse get round... um yes! job done then in your eyes?

If you had of watched Ruby over his career riding for Mullins or AJ Martin you would know he has never ran like that before... last time you will ever see Kauto Star run like that ... the horse would also have won had it not been for the error two out.

In your opinion he gave it a poor ride... in what way did he give it a poor ride, by riding to instructions... surely not his fault then...

Hound

Quote from: Hardy on April 03, 2008, 09:24:56 AM
.. but I'm eliminating him as a potential winner on the basis that I can't see how he can go three places better this year, carrying three lbs. more.

.....Of these, six fail on the weight criterion, carrying 11st. or more. Of this six, I'd eliminate without question Knowhere, Mr Pointment and Simon, which all carry 11-7 or more. I don't think it can be done. There's a case to be made for Butler's Cabin, Vodka Bleu and Mckelvey, which are all just over the 11st. limit. I'm sticking with the stats, though, and eliminating them from the win consideration also, but it makes sense to consider them for the place, though only Vodka Bleu comes near to representing any real place value (11.5 on Betfair).

Its gas how a few pounds can seemingly make such a huge difference, when the animals themselves often weigh over 70 stones....

T O Hare

anywhere were ya can watch the last two free on net
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Homer

Dunno about watching, you can listen here radio.betfair.com

T O Hare

"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

TacadoirArdMhacha

Fecks sake - Kauto wins virtually every race for 2 years and as soon as I start to back him he loses twice in a month!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

bennydorano

Quote from: derryexile on April 03, 2008, 03:37:38 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on April 03, 2008, 03:31:40 PM

WHAT lol

Did the horse get round... um yes! job done then in your eyes?

In your opinion he gave it a poor ride... in what way did he give it a poor ride, by riding to instructions... surely not his fault then...

Did you think Ruby gave it a good ride then?  Kauto hit the four fences by himself, nothing to do with the driver in the saddle? 

If you had of watched Ruby over his career riding for Mullins or AJ Martin you would know he has never ran like that before... last time you will ever see Kauto Star run like that ... the horse would also have won had it not been for the error two out.
What do you mean " ..you would know he has never ran like that before??"  Ruby or Kuato ??? The hold up horse is not Ruby's style, it's Tony Martins style and it fucks up more than it suceeds, prime example Pyscho at Cheltenham.  Also Ruby doesn't hold up horses, Ruby rides how he's told to ride!  I'm sick losing money on the AJ/Ruby connection(and wont be in the future).  I agree he would have won but for the error two out - Ruby's error IMO.