Started by Dougal Maguire, July 26, 2011, 05:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cokers

Quote from: gerry on July 26, 2011, 10:54:25 PM
you missed these sandwiches that we sold last year

Thats pure magic!

Orangemac

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 27, 2011, 06:26:30 PM
Salted crisps are the best. Especially Kettle ones.
Used to love Gammon and Pineapple crsips made by Tudor.Not sure if they exist any more.

comethekingdom

Quote from: Orangemac on July 28, 2011, 12:30:13 AM
Used to love Gammon and Pineapple crsips made by Tudor.Not sure if they exist any more.

You'll not bate the real Irish Tayto Cheese & Onion. Tasted them imitation Nordie version one time up in the 6 and they were pure poison!! :(

JUst retired

For information purposes Tayto crisps started the company in Tanderagee. N.I. The owners are from a little place outside Portadown called Laurelvale. Don`t try to steal the only thing we have that is any good. ;D

Radda bout yeee

Use to love the roast beef and pickle ones myself!!! So much so I checked out what happened them - turns out the walker superpower bought out tudor and discontinued these!  EVIL B*STARDS! LOL

tbrick18

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on August 02, 2011, 10:52:38 AM

Use to love the roast beef and pickle ones myself!!! So much so I checked out what happened them - turns out the walker superpower bought out tudor and discontinued these!  EVIL B*STARDS! LOL

They were class an an auld crisp sandwich too the roast beef and pickle one. But my fav tudor special was sour cream and cheese...

Puckoon

Tudor's pickled onion were the ticket.

comethekingdom

Quote from: JUst retired on August 02, 2011, 06:28:43 AM
For information purposes Tayto crisps started the company in Tanderagee. N.I. The owners are from a little place outside Portadown called Laurelvale. Don`t try to steal the only thing we have that is any good. ;D
NI Tayto Cheese & Onion still not as good as the ones made in Ashbourne but!! ;D

Orangemac

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on August 02, 2011, 10:52:38 AM

Hope Lineker is proud of himself.

AhJaysusRef

While the landscape of County Tyrone is pleasant; the neanderthal people, their way of life and especially their accent are nothing short of vile.

deiseach

I was told once that NI Tayto are run by a shower of uber-Prods. Fair comment or black legend?

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: deiseach on August 04, 2011, 02:15:14 PM

I was told once that NI Tayto are run by a shower of uber-Prods. Fair comment or black legend?

i once worked with a woman whose da grew spuds for tayto. she was a prod. thats pretty boring i know, i really just wanted to come on and commend you for your uber-prod phrase, must use that one for meself ;D

AQMP

Quote from: Take Your Points on August 04, 2011, 11:08:46 AM

You haven't been to the Tayto website where a different story is being told...........

History of Tayto

In 1954 Joe Spud Murphy began what is today's largest snackfood company with just two rented rooms off Moore Street, Dublin. Truly, a remarkable story of one man's determination, his initial set up costs ran to a grand total of £500. The entire staff consisted of Joe, his eight employees and a single van.

At the time Tayto crisps sold for 4 pence per bag! They were sold in beautiful tin boxes that contained 18 bags of crisps and sold to shops for 4 shillings. The crisps bags were hand-glued with a tiny paintbrush to guarantee that trademark Tayto freshness.

Not many people realise that it was Joe Spud Murphy who actually invented the now world renowned Cheese & Onion flavour– with a little input from Mr. Tayto, of course.

Pioneering as always, Joe Murphy placed ads in the local newspapers which promoted the full list in the original Tayto range: Plain Golden, Onion, Cheese & Onion and Cheese flavoured crisps.

In 1954, Tayto sold 347 packs per day. Today, Tayto sells over 525 packs a minute!

Thanks to all the loyal Tayto consumers from the '50s, '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, '00s and today, Tayto remains Ireland's favourite crisp.

http://www.taytocrisps.ie/about-tayto/history-of-tayto/

You could take trip to Ireland's only potato crisp theme park in where else but Meath!

http://www.taytocrisps.ie/park/

While Spud Murphy may have been a Dub, Mr Tayto is definitely from Tandragee!  You can tell by his crisp shaped head.

From Wikipedia:

Tayto (Northern Ireland) was formed in 1956 and licensed the name and recipes of Tayto in the Republic of Ireland. The two companies operate entirely separately, but have a similar range of products