The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

In the words of Stallion, Liverpool need to learn to close out a game.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

JoG2

Quote from: Denn Forever on October 23, 2016, 11:25:17 AM
In the words of Stallion, Liverpool need to learn to close out a game.

Do you mean they need to learn to hammer teams week in week out? At 2-1 with 10 left,  Liverpool introduced a defensive midfielder and closed out the game securing 3 points.  But for a couple of pieces of brilliantly brave defending it would have been 4-1 (the 1 being a bit of a fluke)

Denn Forever

No, they were 2 0 and much the better team.  They then seemed to take their foot of the gas and allowed WBA back into the game.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

The Stallion

Coutinho was very good against West Brom. Firmino delivered a lovely cross for the first goal. Will be interesting to see how long both are prepared to put up with Klopp's ineptitude. Coutinho could be playing for a much better side.

laoislad

Would be nice if Southampton and Man United did us a favour against our title rivals today...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: laoislad on October 23, 2016, 01:58:14 PM
Would we nice if Southampton and Man United did us a favour against our title rivals today...

So far so good

TabClear

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 23, 2016, 02:11:03 PM
Would we nice if Southampton and Man United did us a favour against our title rivals today...

So far so good

Could be two costly dropped points on Monday night. Early goal and Jose hasn't a clue. Special my arse

laoislad

Quote from: TabClear on October 23, 2016, 05:22:22 PM

So far so good

Could be two costly dropped points on Monday night. Early goal and Jose hasn't a clue. Special my arse
Just thinking that myself. Awful shame we just didn't attack them from the off,they would have crumbled.

On another note,are we seeing this weekend the benefit of not having European football?
Not one of the teams that played in Europe during the week have won this weekend.

heganboy

stallion is going to have some choice words for Mourinho, and probably Conte too
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on October 23, 2016, 05:29:29 PM

So far so good

Just thinking that myself. Awful shame we just didn't attack them from the off,they would have crumbled.

On another note,are we seeing this weekend the benefit of not having European football?
Not one of the teams that played in Europe during the week have won this weekend.

Leicester
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Geoff Tipps

So far so good

Certainly 2 points dropped. United were up for it on Monday. It was their cup final.  ;D

laoislad

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on October 23, 2016, 06:40:16 PM

So far so good

Certainly 2 points dropped. United were up for it on Monday. It was their cup final.  ;D
The way they celebrated the point you would think it was a Cup final win alright. I didn't watch much of the game today. I'm guessing the tactical masterstroke of taking your time on a throw in didn't work? Neville will be disappointed.

laoislad