ATM Thefts

Started by trailer, April 01, 2019, 04:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: pbat on April 03, 2019, 02:56:55 PM
Only thing I dont get, if you lose your phone within minutes you can track it, how can a machine with maybe 40k in it not have a tracker,

They arent supposed to move.

Boycey

Quote from: trailer on April 03, 2019, 11:03:11 AM
Talk about a setup. Digger parked outside the bank by all accounts, nice and handy  ;) ;) Sure it was probably left running ffs.

Sure I told yis there was a digger outside it on Monday  ;D. It's not the digger they used though, they brought their own. In and gone in 3 minutes I believe. They used the fact that half the town is blocked off to stymie the Guards .

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Boycey on April 01, 2019, 04:55:03 PM
They have replacing our town mains water pipe for the last two months or so and a hot topic of conversation has been the chances of the ATM getting pinched with all the necessary machinery lying idle over each weekend. They have moved to a section right in front of the bank this morning so I reckon this is the week... :D
If there is a 10 grand reward for information leading to your an arrest then I'm afraid this post will be reported. 

Hereiam

I will go with Trillick for the next one. Nice and handy along side the road

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Hereiam on April 03, 2019, 10:06:22 PM

There is one in Dromore wouldn't take too much bother to shift - couple of nice exits, takes awhile to get down the Dromore Road from Omagh at best of times  :-X :-X

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Hereiam on April 03, 2019, 10:06:22 PM

Have you got your plan sorted?  Asking for a friend....

Franko

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on April 02, 2019, 11:42:13 AM
Quote from: Franko on April 02, 2019, 08:39:09 AM
You are assuming that all machinery is new.  Most of the diggers operating round here are at least 10 years old.  And from looking at the photos, the one used in this robbery could have been twice that age.

Any of the hire machines we'd have been using would be around 15 year old at this point... if not older.

In that case, it'll be fitted with a system that an apprentice mechanic could bypass in a few minutes.

It's like the padlock on the gate... only there to keep an honest man out.

GetOverTheBar

Dungiven last night....

quit yo jibbajabba

trailer

Dungiven on Sat night. What are the police doing? I do think that contractors have more to do here in securing their plant. Although this yoke was driven up the road, you'd wonder how someone didn't see what was going on....

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: trailer on April 08, 2019, 10:35:23 AM
Dungiven on Sat night. What are the police doing? I do think that contractors have more to do here in securing their plant. Although this yoke was driven up the road, you'd wonder how someone didn't see what was going on....

It happened at 0430. Not even Belfast has people walking the streets at that stage.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Jim Bob on April 01, 2019, 10:46:47 PM
Why is it so easy to steal a digger ?

AFAIK diggers before say 2007 had one of about seven keys which would start any of them.

It seems absurd that the police aren't sticking GPS devices to these ATMs
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

NAG1

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on April 08, 2019, 10:57:32 AM
Quote from: Jim Bob on April 01, 2019, 10:46:47 PM
Why is it so easy to steal a digger ?

AFAIK diggers before say 2007 had one of about seven keys which would start any of them.

It seems absurd that the police aren't sticking GPS devices to these ATMs

You think they arent? I would have thought its only a matter of time for this crowd.

Keyser soze

Time to throw a few recalcitrant digger owners in jail methinks, as they are clearly facilitating these crimes.

It appears to be mostly Komatsus that are being used in these raids so I would start by rounding up all Komatsu owners. Well definitely all owners of machines of 10 tonne or over as a 6 tonne machines don't tend to be used for cash machine raids.