Kieran
Conaty
McPartlan
McCambridge
McQuillan
Og Burns
Connaire Mackin
Kelly

Higgins must be injured as played well the last day him and Morgan out leaves us a bit light in defence with McCambridge the only real stopper. 

Cumiskey ahead of Og Burns is a surprise too as Cumiskey has generally operated in half forward line and Croke Park would suit JOB athletisism. 

Thought Hall may have been drafted in to track O'Connell or McCarthy the forwards selected would indicate Armagh are keen to play game on own terms.

Good to see T Kelly back in the panel if fit and well could make a good impact from bench.   
He certainly could..

bogball88

Quote from: rrhf on June 30, 2023, 10:53:10 AM
Quote from: statto on June 30, 2023, 09:24:15 AM
Rafferty

Burns
McKay
Forker

C O'Neill
McCabe
Cumiskey

Crealey
Mackin

Duffy
Grugan
Campbell

Murnin
R O'Neill
Turbitt

Subs: Magill(GK)
McElroy
Hall
Kieran
Conaty
McPartlan
McCambridge
McQuillan
Og Burns
Connaire Mackin
Kelly

Higgins must be injured as played well the last day him and Morgan out leaves us a bit light in defence with McCambridge the only real stopper. 

Cumiskey ahead of Og Burns is a surprise too as Cumiskey has generally operated in half forward line and Croke Park would suit JOB athletisism. 

Thought Hall may have been drafted in to track O'Connell or McCarthy the forwards selected would indicate Armagh are keen to play game on own terms.

Good to see T Kelly back in the panel if fit and well could make a good impact from bench.   
He certainly could..
:o

Angus MacGyver

Quote from: Main Street on June 30, 2023, 01:04:13 AM
Armagh folk (brimming with confidence) do love to natter about trains and planes and this an AIQF discussion.

At least there's a team named now, we've heard enough from the ferroequinologists. Armagh going for it with the forward line picked. Monaghan's big decision is Rian O'Neill. Conor Boyle- too loose. Kieran Duffy- needed for Murnin. Dessie Ward- possible if O'Neill drifts out but not 100% fit you would think. Lavelle- did well on DFlynn last week but O'Neill is a step up.   

statto

Quote from: Angus MacGyver on June 30, 2023, 11:14:30 AM
Armagh folk (brimming with confidence) do love to natter about trains and planes and this an AIQF discussion.

At least there's a team named now, we've heard enough from the ferroequinologists. Armagh going for it with the forward line picked. Monaghan's big decision is Rian O'Neill. Conor Boyle- too loose. Kieran Duffy- needed for Murnin. Dessie Ward- possible if O'Neill drifts out but not 100% fit you would think. Lavelle- did well on DFlynn last week but O'Neill is a step up.

If Flynn had the shooting boots with him last weekend Kildare would have been through.  He created the chances but was poor in front of the sticks. 

Main Street

Quote from: armaghniac on June 30, 2023, 10:37:20 AM
Quote from: David McKeown on June 30, 2023, 01:42:44 AM

Au contrare.  I think its obvious we are discussing holiday arrangements as it shows how little confidence we had in Armagh that we made plans for AIQF weekend assuming we wouldnt be involved

Unless you had the Tony Fearon approach to dates.
Maybe the enthusiasm, the confidence factor has overwritten your timing, but the reference to Tony has already been adressed hours ago. 

armaghniac

Quote from: Main Street on June 30, 2023, 12:59:18 PM

Au contrare.  I think its obvious we are discussing holiday arrangements as it shows how little confidence we had in Armagh that we made plans for AIQF weekend assuming we wouldnt be involved

Maybe the enthusiasm, the confidence factor has overwritten your timing, but the reference to Tony has already been adressed hours ago.

My apologies, I was not reading GAAboard at 3am.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

It's crazy to think that reference is over 20 years old.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Main Street

Quote from: armaghniac on June 30, 2023, 01:02:21 PM
Quote from: Main Street on June 30, 2023, 12:59:18 PM

My apologies, I was not reading GAAboard at 3am.
Snarky ;D

It's usual form before replying  to at least glance through the few succeeding replies, just in case somebody else has replied to the obvious,  but  probably (not unlike Tony) your enthusiasm got the better of your common sense.
I'll put it down to the Armagh frenzy that afflicts the county on the very odd occasion :)

bennydorano

Quote from: restorepride on June 29, 2023, 11:35:22 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 29, 2023, 08:17:10 PM
Are Armagh still unbeaten if she goes to pens?
Well that was the case after the Ulster Final so I presume the same 'Armagh rule' as issued by an Armagh poster applies again. Would make sense.
Didnt win in regular time, didnt win in extra time. Penalty kick champs and nothing more. There'll always be an asterix beside it.

Main Street

Considering Armagh are hotly favoured to win regardless of how close the contest could be and considering that McGeeney is currently the most experienced manager in football, wouldn't it be such a huge humiliation  for him should Monaghan prevail under the tutelage of a wet behind the ears rookie manager? One who is learning his trade on the hoof, oft times struggling to impress his type of game, good decision making onto the players

restorepride

Quote from: bennydorano on June 30, 2023, 01:43:55 PM
Well that was the case after the Ulster Final so I presume the same 'Armagh rule' as issued by an Armagh poster applies again. Would make sense.
Didnt win in regular time, didnt win in extra time. Penalty kick champs and nothing more. There'll always be an asterix beside it.
I wonder where the Anglo-Celt is? Would you like to draw an asterix on it?!

bennydorano

Quote from: restorepride on June 30, 2023, 02:20:03 PM
Have never once disputed that - still Penalty kick champs tho. Not sure why it seems to wind you Derry boys up. Just facts.

armaghniac

Quote from: Main Street on June 30, 2023, 02:08:23 PM
Considering Armagh are hotly favoured to win regardless of how close the contest could be and considering that McGeeney is currently the most experienced manager in football, wouldn't it be such a huge humiliation  for him should Monaghan prevail under the tutelage of a wet behind the ears rookie manager? One who is learning his trade on the hoof, oft times struggling to impress his type of game, good decision making onto the players

it doesn't surprise me to learn that the Monaghan manager has a hoof.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JoG2

Quote from: bennydorano on June 30, 2023, 02:49:12 PM
Have never once disputed that - still Penalty kick champs tho. Not sure why it seems to wind you Derry boys up. Just facts.

:), the Asterix-Celt Champions, I'd say more bafflement than being wound up. Pretty much how every other fan of any other team sport in the world would see it.
The week leading up to the final, a collective Derry performance of about 3 or 4 out of 10, a black card to one of our best players and the mighty Armagh with the best front 6 in the game still couldn't win the bloody thing! Any road, get this thread back on track....
Good luck to Monaghan on Sat, they'll need it.

restorepride

Quote from: bennydorano on June 30, 2023, 02:49:12 PM
[/quo
Just amused at your childlike mindset.