Laois Senior Football Championship 2019

Started by The PRO, February 28, 2019, 09:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

Adds a whole other dimension to Portlaoise. He takes risks, sure, but he keeps the game flowing and is a capable player too. As a team, they have yet to ignite under Rigney. They might yet do so, but Rigney himself doesn't look like a good fit for them even though I thought he would be. As I say, that might change, but form suggests Eire Og should fancy their chances. Potentially the competition looks a little weaker this year, but unfortunately so do Portlaoise. Maybe they've been timing their run, but up front, they have looked shy. Bruno understandably is not as effective, and there are no other big scorers in there. Their teamwork and spirit has got them to here. Let's hope there's another gear in them

Neutralobserver

Quote from: High Fielder on November 21, 2019, 01:41:03 PM
Adds a whole other dimension to Portlaoise. He takes risks, sure, but he keeps the game flowing and is a capable player too. As a team, they have yet to ignite under Rigney. They might yet do so, but Rigney himself doesn't look like a good fit for them even though I thought he would be. As I say, that might change, but form suggests Eire Og should fancy their chances. Potentially the competition looks a little weaker this year, but unfortunately so do Portlaoise. Maybe they've been timing their run, but up front, they have looked shy. Bruno understandably is not as effective, and there are no other big scorers in there. Their teamwork and spirit has got them to here. Let's hope there's another gear in them
every1 is of the opinion that portlaoise is on the decline but still no team has been able to beat them as yet so maybe they not on decline at all but just playing within themselves and getting over the line, risky thing to do tho and i agree with above, rigney is not the man for portlaoise, a great sportsman but this is not the job for him

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

portlaoisekid

Laois fan

Doubt hes allowed play,seen yday another afl player played a club match and his aussie club weren't impressed

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Laois fan on November 22, 2019, 08:35:47 AM
Doubt hes allowed play,seen yday another afl player played a club match and his aussie club weren't impressed
Why not, he has come home and played before. What has changed? I think they will need every player available to get over Eire Og tomorrow evening
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

clonadmad

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on November 22, 2019, 02:31:17 PM
Quote from: Laois fan on November 22, 2019, 08:35:47 AM
Why not, he has come home and played before. What has changed? I think they will need every player available to get over Eire Og tomorrow evening

Tuohy is on a professional contract

What would happen if god forbid,he was to break his leg on portlaoise duty.

Would Geelong have to honor his contract,pay his medical bills etc even though he was hurt playing for another team.

You don't see soccer players with gaa club backgrounds rocking up to play games with their clubs over the summer when they would be off.

Does Tuohy have waiver in his contract which allows him to do it

Neutralobserver

Cant see him togging out but with fitness and strength he would be some addition to the squad

Silkyskillssunshinee

Portlaoise poor tonight. That Eire Og team are well drilled and have a few nice players. Portlaoise had no answer to them. Kieran Lillis best Portlaoise player once more despite sending off.

BallyroanAbu

That Steven Poacher is just a horrible individual, probably the end of an era for Portlaoise.  Fair play to Eire Og. Can't have that Poacher at all just a self promoter.  Why do Carlow people think he is any good subjected them to the most atrocious football.  Read his tweets after the game.

Laoiseabu

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on November 23, 2019, 09:33:42 PM
That Steven Poacher is just a horrible individual, probably the end of an era for Portlaoise.  Fair play to Eire Og. Can't have that Poacher at all just a self promoter.  Why do Carlow people think he is any good subjected them to the most atrocious football.  Read his tweets after the game.
Disgusting tweets put up by poacher rubbing salt in the wounds . Carlow are way better off without that bollocks around the place . Offers nothing at all just a self promoter .Thank God he's gone Back up to the north .

BallyroanAbu

He blocked me for replying "that he spent most of the year suspended",  how people actually respect him.

Neutralobserver

Lillis was stand out performer tonight even though he was sent off. I cant see what mcevoy offers beside him and also Boyle and rickie have not done it this year. As for brody???? I'll leave that one for the real experts

High Fielder

End of an era. It's been coming gradually. Eire Og would do well to ignore the hype around them including from that eejit Poacher. They beat the worst Portlaoise team of the last 5 years and I saw plenty of defincies that they need to focus on whoever they meet in the final. A deserved win nevertheless and good luck to them.

A lot of work is needed in Portlaoise GAA. There's an ocean ok kids in Rathleague every week, and yet support for the club is terrible. Aside from that, for a community of its size, it punches well below its weight on so many fronts. The majority of CB officers hate Portlaoise, so unless you want to talk about splitting the club up, they pay it no regard. This of course is detrimental to Laois, because one third of the population resides in the town. Little surprise then that we are slowly diluting our standards as time goes on. Too many clubs. Too many bad players playing at a level they can't cope with

High Fielder

Quote from: Neutralobserver on November 23, 2019, 09:55:13 PM
Lillis was stand out performer tonight even though he was sent off. I cant see what mcevoy offers beside him and also Boyle and rickie have not done it this year. As for brody???? I'll leave that one for the real experts

You consider yourself expert enough to give your judgement on others. Don't hold back. In my opinion, the lad is top class.