Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twotwocharlie

The bridge threw newtown no points.
we lost by 1 point. are lads that trained all year not entitled to a game at some stage.
No one yapping last year when we were on the verge of relegation.
the league table tells no lies. get over it.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: illdecide on October 03, 2010, 04:18:51 PM
Og's beat the Clans in the B league play off's today by about 7pts. Overall they deserved their victory and i wish them well in the next round.

P.S. Og's full back was dodgy ;)

::) That's debatable!!!

I thought the management decisions for the clans were the defining factor.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: illdecide on October 03, 2010, 04:17:21 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on October 03, 2010, 02:33:51 PM
Quote from: IVEDECIDED on October 03, 2010, 11:40:34 AM
Are mullaghbawn playing maghery now at noon??
Maghery dnf. Apparently.

Disgraceful thats all i can say. We knew a month ago that Maghery were giving the points to Mullaghbawn and also i asked a member of our club to raise this with the county board but of course i was told there was no way we could prove it. Members of both teams knew what was happening today and the Co Board would need to do something about this but of course it's only the Clans so it's fine to give teams in the relegation area the points. Get the Clans down at all costs.

There's no anti-Clans conspiracy amongst officialdom I'm sure but you do have a right to be annoyed. What way is the table now? Mullaghbán two points behind Clans with one game to play whilst Clans have two matches left?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

winsamsoon

Yeah that's the way it stands at the moment tac. Maghery and mullaghbawn have now conspired as did cruppen and the Sarsfields. Both games have directly effected us and there is absolutely f**k all we can do about it. Makes you angry when we have always fulfilled all crucial fixtures
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: winsamsoon on October 03, 2010, 05:48:19 PM
Yeah that's the way it stands at the moment tac. Maghery and mullaghbawn have now conspired as did cruppen and the Sarsfields. Both games have directly effected us and there is absolutely f**k all we can do about it. Makes you angry when we have always fulfilled all crucial fixtures

Who are your last two matches against?

centrefield

you are 100% correct and for those reasons id like to see the table reamin how it stands...cruppen failed to show against us today also! there should be some sort of punishment next year along the lines of points deduction...there is another issue here also as the gate recipts are an integral part to the income of some clubs and are missed when they arent there!

fitzroyalty

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 03, 2010, 05:52:29 PM

Who are your last two matches against?
Culloville and Dromintee.
Winsam, I don't think any blame can be levelled at Sarsfields as Cruppen also did a no show today v Dromintee. Personally I would like to see both teams fined and Maghery docked 2pts next season and Cruppen docked 4. I remember around this time last year Maghery had a right big squad gathered up for the playoff with Granemore, why is this this year any different?

AFS

Intermediate Final: Sarsfields 1-15 Culloville 0-11

Sarsfields were comfortable enough for most of the game. They'd opened a decent lead after about 15 minutes and Culloville never got within three or four points of them. Culloville wasted far too many chances in the first half when they had the wind. Sarsfields were much more efficient in attack and fully deserved the win.

torres

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: AFS on October 03, 2010, 06:11:40 PM

Sarsfields were comfortable enough for most of the game. They'd opened a decent lead after about 15 minutes and Culloville never got within three or four points of them. Culloville wasted far too many chances in the first half when they had the wind. Sarsfields were much more efficient in attack and fully deserved the win.

Is that 3 of the last 4 final Culloville have lost? Very tough on them.

centrefield

something like that alright...not totally sure but someone tld me that it was 3 in a row not to sure as i dont really follow the intermediate that much :-[ i would think they could do with a change in senery and move up to senior championship now and give that a lash as they were competing effectivly in div1 this year

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: centrefield on October 03, 2010, 08:31:55 PM
something like that alright...not totally sure but someone tld me that it was 3 in a row not to sure as i dont really follow the intermediate that much :-[ i would think they could do with a change in senery and move up to senior championship now and give that a lash as they were competing effectivly in div1 this year

I think Whitecross beat them in the 2007 final. We beat them in 2008 and last year I think Newtown were in the final but not against Culloville, possibly Keady?

imtommygunn

Just reading of no shows as I was trying to figure out who cross played in county final...

Is there not a fine for no shows / dnfs?

crossfire

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 03, 2010, 08:59:13 PM
Just reading of no shows as I was trying to figure out who cross played in county final...

Is there not a fine for no shows / dnfs?

Cross play Dromintee in final.
They will turn up alright. ;)

thebandit

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 03, 2010, 06:19:22 PM
Quote from: AFS on October 03, 2010, 06:11:40 PM

Is that 3 of the last 4 final Culloville have lost? Very tough on them.

Yeah, that's 3out of the last 4....