Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie stubbs

Quote from: winsamsoon on September 05, 2010, 01:57:36 AM
Wasn't at the game but don't think I need to be at it to recognise that Ronan Clarke would be a huge loss to any team.

If you can't recognise this then I am afraid you are slightly dumb .
[/quote)
obviously ronan be a massive loss to any team, though the ogs were totally outfought imo.  the ogs disposed of mullaghbawn comprehensively in the last round and possibly underestimated granemore?was at the game,toner great at mf, caolon rafferty put in a gud shifyt at ff then wing half before a red, and o connor was good in the full forward line.  great results for granemore last 3 weeks, beat harps, the nab, then ogs, cross watch out! ;)congratulations granemore, really enjoyed their style of play tonight

fcuksake

agree with you charlie. Ogs underestimated granemore. Ogs were outplayed all over the park. I thought benny rafferty and Martin Murphy were outstanding. they were the main ball players for Granemore. Division 2 is not as weak as some people think.   Harps will have it all to do to overturn Cross the way they have been playing lately but Cross are not the force they once were and we could have another shock on the Cards tonight. Fingers Crossed
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Scarface

Of course Clarke would be a huge miss but its funny that was the only thing you had to say about the result of the match. It does not give Granemore any credit - when they deserve loads of credit for last night

crossfire

Quote from: fcuksake on September 05, 2010, 09:01:50 AM
agree with you charlie. Ogs underestimated granemore. Ogs were outplayed all over the park. I thought benny rafferty and Martin Murphy were outstanding. they were the main ball players for Granemore. Division 2 is not as weak as some people think.   Harps will have it all to do to overturn Cross the way they have been playing lately but Cross are not the force they once were and we could have another shock on the Cards tonight. Fingers Crossed

;) ;)

fcuksake

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Sam of the Sarsfields

I took in both games yesterday which involved some questionable driving to get from Cullyhanna to the Ogs/Granemore game! Managed it anyway only a few minutes late.

Dromintee 2-12 Ballymacnab 0-11

This scoreline doesn't really tell the whole story. Ballymacnab can feel very hard done by and certainly deserved more from the game. They started well and Dromintee really couldn't handle their pace all over the field. Dromintee got two lucky first half goals to stay in touch, at least one of them should have been ruled out for steps and the other was debatable too.

In the second half Dromintee should have had a man sent off for a second yellow but the ref bottled it. I think Rory Robinson had a terrible game and was very much the main reason Dromintee won this match. Nab generally outplayed Dromintee for most of the game but Dromintee took their scores and slotted over some handy frees, they also put 5 points on the board in the last 5 minutes when the Nab boys heads were down which made the scoreboard read more comforably for them.

Nab will be a real force in Division 1 next year, can't see Dromintee getting past the semis no matter who they draw, too much quality left in the championship now and Dromintee look weak in several areas of the field.

Granemore 0-09 Pearse Ogs 0-04

I, like Pearse Ogs, completely underestimated Granemore. They showed more determination than Ogs right throughout the game. In general this was a very poor game with some bad play from both sides but in particular Ogs. That said, Granemore were putting them under a lot of pressure all over the field and causing them to make several mistakes.

Granemore are a very fast nippy team and will be a match for anyone in the semis now, fairplay to them they thoroughly deserved their win yesterday.

centrefield

Quote from: Sam of the Sarsfields on September 05, 2010, 05:28:59 PM
I took in both games yesterday which involved some questionable driving to get from Cullyhanna to the Ogs/Granemore game! Managed it anyway only a few minutes late.

Dromintee 2-12 Ballymacnab 0-11

This scoreline doesn't really tell the whole story. Ballymacnab can feel very hard done by and certainly deserved more from the game. They started well and Dromintee really couldn't handle their pace all over the field. Dromintee got two lucky first half goals to stay in touch, at least one of them should have been ruled out for steps and the other was debatable too.

In the second half Dromintee should have had a man sent off for a second yellow but the ref bottled it. I think Rory Robinson had a terrible game and was very much the main reason Dromintee won this match. Nab generally outplayed Dromintee for most of the game but Dromintee took their scores and slotted over some handy frees, they also put 5 points on the board in the last 5 minutes when the Nab boys heads were down which made the scoreboard read more comforably for them.

Nab will be a real force in Division 1 next year, can't see Dromintee getting past the semis no matter who they draw, too much quality left in the championship now and Dromintee look weak in several areas of the field.

Granemore 0-09 Pearse Ogs 0-04

I, like Pearse Ogs, completely underestimated Granemore. They showed more determination than Ogs right throughout the game. In general this was a very poor game with some bad play from both sides but in particular Ogs. That said, Granemore were putting them under a lot of pressure all over the field and causing them to make several mistakes.

Granemore are a very fast nippy team and will be a match for anyone in the semis now, fairplay to them they thoroughly deserved their win yesterday.

couldnt agree with this...he gaveseveral dreadfull decisions again us in the first half...notable when ozzy gaughran and his marker slid on the ground for a ball which was won by nab player who, threw an elbow at ozzy, on his way to his feet (not 10 feet form robinson) which prompted the ref to award nab the free and book ozzy ??? ???

ogshead

Quote from: bennydorano on September 04, 2010, 08:13:04 PM
Well done Granemore, more than deserving winners, Ogs very very poor. Granemore's nippy forwards caused the Ogs all sorts of probs in the first half, Ogs wiped out around the middle.

Ogs might have had their eye on the bigger prizes ahead, heard talk of 'giving Ulster a good go this year',pe of mindset it's not suprising they came unstuck.
Harps might have had their mind on bigger prizes ahead, heard talk of 'giving div 2 a go this year',if it's this type of mindset it's not suprising they came unstuck.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: ogshead on September 05, 2010, 07:41:04 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on September 04, 2010, 08:13:04 PM
Well done Granemore, more than deserving winners, Ogs very very poor. Granemore's nippy forwards caused the Ogs all sorts of probs in the first half, Ogs wiped out around the middle.

Ogs might have had their eye on the bigger prizes ahead, heard talk of 'giving Ulster a good go this year',pe of mindset it's not suprising they came unstuck.
Harps might have had their mind on bigger prizes ahead, heard talk of 'giving div 2 a go this year',if it's this type of mindset it's not suprising they came unstuck.

Can we take from that comment that the Abbey Park men didn't upset the Rangers?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

winsamsoon

Scarface I haven't made a comment on the game as I wasn't at it so I sit back and listen to what the lads who were at it before I make a post on the game. I made a general post concerning Clarke after the og's shock exit from the championship and I still stand by this comment. Anyway according to you one can't comment on a game that they haven't been at because it will be misinformed or dumb.

Anyway well done to granemore on getting into the next round . I fancied a shock but it would have been in the dromintee game( congrats to them too) but neither team have won anything yet and my fancied team are still in it and tha's cross who IMO are streets ahead ( I had the og's in thisbracket too lol )

Any updates from the cross game?
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

crossfire

Cross  won by 2 in the end but were mostly in control. We were 8 ahead going into injury time but Harps scored a second penalty and a goal from play to narrow the gap. Bit of handbags stuff also in injury time mostly caused by an inept referee.

winsamsoon

I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Legs11

lads is there not a better field 2 hold matchs than cullyhanna pitch was in awful shape last nite plus no parkin same with cruppen 2day and along the road end was all muck??

Scarface

No bother winsamsoon - well drop this one now I think - lol

Harps did not play too great today - 2 points makes it look better than it was....cross fair bit better - miserable night for football....cross are masters of the negative side of the game too - persistant fouling, pulling and hauling and kicking ball away plenty of times tonight - they have many good points too of course...Jamie Clarke - very fast and skilful tonight

Rma13

I thought Jamie Clarke had another excellent game tonight, even in these conditions he hardly dropped a ball!  Thought Aaron Cunningham looked lively as well.

Poor night for football, but then our glorious Summer is over  ;)