Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1life 1club

great win for st pats 2nite in the minor c,ship..we beat cross by 2,
great game giving the terrible weather conditions.. ;D

full forward son

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: bennydorano on August 16, 2010, 09:23:06 PM
Draw not kind to Harps but so what, I was at our Minor game tonight when the news came through and I didn't see any disappointed faces, we should be easily motivated.  Cross will obviously be big favourites but (at the risk of giving us the Kiss of death) we always seem to be able to give them a game.  Just hope we get to the game with a full panel to select from.

St Peters beat Harps tonight 2.12 to 2.10 in the minor champ

Not kind at all Benny, but I suspect like you i feel this could be the making of this team, we have run them close a few times over the last 6-7 years but they always seemed to have an extra gear in them. I feel we need big games from the so-called big names but if we can get quick quality ball in we can cause them problems inside. Really looking forward to this now, you gotta beat the best to be the best.

Might surprise a few people from outside the club but I think our sarting line-up will have 5-6 different starters from the county final last year.

Tough luck on the minors, 3 in a row a stretch too far.

john mcgill

Does anyone know where I can find out the winners of the monthly Friends of Armagh draw?  I haven't seen any prize winners in the papers`recently.  Thanks

thewanderer

its now MY ARMAGH john and there is no longer monthly draws.  Don't think the Harps are going as well as last year and the 2 game salvo against the clans helped. Cross have some pace in their 2 full-forwards clarke and carragher and i think this is the harps weak link but will be interesting. st. pats v maghery will be a close call but maghery will relish the challenge but forker will be a big miss, st. pats by 2. nab v dromintee could provide a shock with the nab full-forward line on fire and dtee struggling with injuries. ogs v granemore will provide a local derby and granemore will undoubtedly raise their game and they have a number of good players. ogs wont take it lightly.

Sam of the Sarsfields

Not a very interesting draw I don't think? For what it's worth my predictions are:

Cross v Harps
Can't see anything other than a convincing Cross victory here. Some Harps lads mentioned that they have ran Cross close over the last few years, lots of teams run Cross close, that's how they play sometimes but they always have another gear. Cross by 5.

Ogs v Granemore
Another mismatch here it seems. Granemore did well last year to shock a faultering Dromintee side but they won't be any match for Ogs on this occasion. The gulf in class between these two sides is much too wide. Ogs by 8.

Cullyhanna v Maghery
I'd be surprised if this game finishes with 15 men against 15 given the track record of the two sides. Cullyhanna are my dark horses for the championship, they're improving all the time. Having seen both teams this year I think Cullyhanna are a much more threatening side, Maghery are weak in several areas of the pitch. Cullyhanna by 4.

Ballymacnab v Dromintee
Everyone will be predicting the shock of the round in this game but the truth is, anyone who knows much about these two teams will know it won't be much of a shock when Ballymacnab beat Dromintee. Nab are flying in Division 2 and will be a match for most Div 1 teams as they've already proven. Dromintee are a spent force that peaked 3 or 4 years ago and are on the way down. Ballymacnab by 2.

gaapunter

Quote from: Wee Shea on August 16, 2010, 07:53:07 PM
Quote from: gaapunter on August 16, 2010, 06:43:34 PM
Quote from: Wee Shea on August 16, 2010, 06:19:29 PM
Quote from: gaapunter on August 16, 2010, 03:32:21 PM
Quote from: charlie stubbs on August 16, 2010, 10:09:08 AM
Quote from: gaapunter on August 16, 2010, 09:25:24 AM
Quote from: Wee Shea on August 16, 2010, 08:34:22 AM
Quote from: gaapunter on August 13, 2010, 05:46:55 PM
Quote from: illdecide on August 12, 2010, 05:24:46 PM
Maghery to beat Clann Eireann by 5pts
Og's to beat Mullaghbawn by 6pts
Killeavy and the Nab to draw
Cross to beat Cruppin by 10pts
Granemore to beat Newtown by 3pts
St Pats to beat Clans by 14pts (thats if i'm selected :P) Clans to win by 2pts if i'm kept on the bench :D

Maghery to beat Clann Eireann by 8pts
Og's to beat Mullaghbawn by 7pts
Killeavy to beat the Nab
Cross to beat Cruppin by 15pts
Granemore to beat Newtown by 8pts
Clans to beat St Pats by 5pts

:D :D :D :D

Some punter!

good lad - what a shock a clann eriann man with too much to say- I see did all the scoring for you muppets- he must have some muppets playing alongside him

u seem sober enough! :D

good one fool- thought you have guessed Henderson- how you getting on with the rioting now- at least you lads will have the time now your seasons over- lake street will be buzzing

Can you not read who you are replying to Stig? You going about too proclaiming how smart you are too, you can't even grasp proper spelling and grammar! Maybe you should stay over in England full time and learn the Queen's English saan, do us all a favour.

No doubt wee shea- i know who I was replaying too- as for being smart -I would say your a real bright spark- I ll be back in Lurgan at the weekend saan- and don't you forget it- ps I apologise for any spelling or grammar errors in advance.

- No capitals on a name
- No commas/full stops
- "Replay" instead of reply
- Space instead of an apostrophe in the word "I'll"

I don't know about being a bright spark but after reading your posts I would say a child could type better than you.

I sense you are angry after that toothless display yesterday, sure if you even cared that much you would have been at the match, not sitting in England saan. Maybe this years B management should step up to the plate, maybe just the B manager though, his assistant didn't have a clue.

fair points lad ;D ;D ;D

john mcgill

Wanderer, thanks for that.  I have a direct debit coming out of my account every month for £25 for the Friends draw.  The County Board are still taking it, as of 2 August, and haven't communicated with me about the change.

lurganblue

charlie the others may have let you off with your fashion parade on sunday but i'll remember ya  :D especially now i know you post on here!

TacadoirArdMhacha

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

RealSpiritof98

I think the Ogs are good value at 100/30, i've asked them to give me the betting for the all-ireland club.

sickboy

looking at those odds think nab have better chance than cruppen ???

bennydorano

Quote from: Sam of the Sarsfields on August 17, 2010, 10:40:18 AM
Not a very interesting draw I don't think? For what it's worth my predictions are:

Cross v Harps
Can't see anything other than a convincing Cross victory here. Some Harps lads mentioned that they have ran Cross close over the last few years, lots of teams run Cross close, that's how they play sometimes but they always have another gear. Cross by 5.

Dont want to get into a whole thing, but the last time we met in the champ we were denied a draw by a dodgy last minute goal line scramble.  And most defintely Cross are not the team they once were - it's pretty much a new team with a good smattering of experience, the physical dimension they once had were they bullied there way to wins sometimes is gone.  Pity we got a bye now, a first round win would have been very beneficial.  I think Cross will try and blow us out of the water in the first 20, if we can hold them we can get a result.  Having said all that they could make me look silly and hammer us.

winsamsoon

Tac I know you were being sarcastic but I am not convinced that sickboy knows cruppen are actually out lol.

On that note I would say anyone that backs cruppen on pp will get a complete refund
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

sickboy

Quote from: winsamsoon on August 17, 2010, 10:31:38 PM
Tac I know you were being sarcastic but I am not convinced that sickboy knows cruppen are actually out lol.

would put cruppen and les bleus at the same odds if it makes you feel better. ;D

thewanderer

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on August 17, 2010, 07:37:38 PM
I think the Ogs are good value at 100/30, i've asked them to give me the betting for the all-ireland club.
dont jinx the ogs real u know ur tipping form. hav to say with the q/f draw i thought cross and ogs odds would have been closer. who do u think harps should play in the full-back line to stop the cross ff line.