Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: thewanderer on May 17, 2010, 10:20:45 AM
def wors than davitt park last year. i told you we would help yous out but ur in for a tanking in armagh. lets be honest ogs should have been 2 or 3 goals to the good in the first half except for final passes and one on one chances with the keeper. dont forget one result doesnt make a season or destroy it. ;) ur still goin to have a relegation battle :-[ enjoy the moment. ps what about austin will he be back for armagh shortly?

Well you lot did have a few goal chances but if you can't score them don't be blaming me for that, as for getting a tanking up in armagh... ::) can't wait saan. We may be involved in a relegation battle alright...time will tell but i believe we have the players to get ourselves out of it, remember we had 5 players missing on Fri nite also ;)

As for Austin he'll be out for at least another 6-8 weeks (if he's any sense). He's our only real injury at the minute but hopefully these other players will be avialable to us soon (we've players away getting married and stupid sh1t like that...lol)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

IVEDECIDED

Why didnt yous tank the Clans in Armagh last year then after being equally as convincingly beaten in Davitt last year??

Also if I remember correctly yous had as near to a full team out as possible and it took a late goal (Which came from a clans mistake) to secure the win. Typical trash talk from a team that got the absolute run around. Goal chances aside (2 of which were well defended so cant be described as missed chances!) - yous were beaten in every area of the pitch and illdecide is being generous when he says 10 points - if Clans had taken half their missed chances it could have been 15+!! Saan!!

I do however disagree with both of yous - I dont think les bleus will be involved in a relegation battle this year providing they can get 2 or 3 quick wins. If they do that I fully expect them to be in the top 5 most of ther year. There are several teams much worse than the Clans and remember also that at least 12 of the Clans lads are playing in the U21 squad.

hound of ulster

Quote from: thewanderer on May 17, 2010, 08:59:02 AM
a good wake up call for the ogs despite missing 10 starting players, they just ran out of steam it looked like the 2 games last weekend affected the players. clans fully deservered their win but in all honesty i think they will struggle big time to survive as they are very weak in a lot of areas and their shooting is poor. as for the ogs they need to put probually their worst display ever behind them and focus for the championship.
wanderer are you crying about missing players?thought you had a squad big enough to get by!need to look at training if their tired from couple games ;)

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on May 17, 2010, 12:47:52 PM
Why didnt yous tank the Clans in Armagh last year then after being equally as convincingly beaten in Davitt last year??

Also if I remember correctly yous had as near to a full team out as possible and it took a late goal (Which came from a clans mistake) to secure the win. Typical trash talk from a team that got the absolute run around. Goal chances aside (2 of which were well defended so cant be described as missed chances!) - yous were beaten in every area of the pitch and illdecide is being generous when he says 10 points - if Clans had taken half their missed chances it could have been 15+!! Saan!!

I do however disagree with both of yous - I dont think les bleus will be involved in a relegation battle this year providing they can get 2 or 3 quick wins. If they do that I fully expect them to be in the top 5 most of ther year. There are several teams much worse than the Clans and remember also that at least 12 of the Clans lads are playing in the U21 squad.

We can have no complaints about the match on Friday night.  We were well beaten, simple as.  After the first 10-15 mins it was obvious that Clans were always gonna win it.

It's a game we'll just have to put behind us and move on.

winsamsoon

Lads any team missing 10 players is going to struggle in any game. However as we have all stated Clans where value for the win and should have won by more. I am not really into the whole, we beat you, you beat us argument. What i do know is that every game is different and trying to predict the outcome of an og v clans game maybe 2 months down the line is impossible. Now they may destroy the clans or clans could beat them no one can say for sure. At the moment the clans have a very young and raw squad and them young lads played a very good game against the og's on friday night. This was an og's teams that had a lot of experience in the ranks (I also think 10 players missing was a bit of an exaggeration ) There were lads on that og's team that have been around there for years and for the clans to play so well on a neutral venue let's not forget was a great result. Sure the shooting was a little wayward at times but these things can all be worked on. If someone had said to me at the start of the year the only thing wrong with that team is their shooting i can tell you it wouldn't be long getting sorted. Our club have a lot of decent u-21's coming through and the experience they are getting at senior level is vital, wins like this can only further enhance their confidence. Now they may not win another match and folks will probably post this back to me but i will still stand by what i say. Personally i think they will have a tough season in division one but they are capable of beating Mullaghbawn,Sarsfields, Killeavy, Dromintee, Cullyhanna, Culloville, Maghery, whitecross and cruppen.  The Cross and Og's at full strength IMO are exceptions and are well ahead of the clans at the moment. So whilst they may struggle there are a lot of other teams in that mix aswell so a top 5 place isn't that outrageous as all other teams will take points from each other.

This year we have a team in transition, coupled with no home ground you tell me a team that wouldn't struggle?
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

thewanderer

hound yous are always crying about missing players especially when u get beat in the 2nd division. dont worry we are happy to try  out new players and we wont be far away again this season when it really matters. hope u can keep in contention for promotion as all miss the local derbys but it will be touch and go with granemore and nab. win/ill take the favour graciously and we will see u later in the year ;) ps ogs had a lot of u21s playing.

IVEDECIDED

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on May 17, 2010, 02:17:25 PM

We can have no complaints about the match on Friday night.  We were well beaten, simple as.  After the first 10-15 mins it was obvious that Clans were always gonna win it.

Whats got into you lad?? two reasonable and honest posts in a row! ;) ;) Fair play.

hound of ulster

Quote from: thewanderer on May 17, 2010, 03:45:53 PM
hound yous are always crying about missing players especially when u get beat in the 2nd division. dont worry we are happy to try  out new players and we wont be far away again this season when it really matters. hope u can keep in contention for promotion as all miss the local derbys but it will be touch and go with granemore and nab. win/ill take the favour graciously and we will see u later in the year ;) ps ogs had a lot of u21s playing.
wanderer,im not crying at missing players we are happy trying out the youth, in game against keady only one player that started cty final last year started and like yourselves we have only lost the one game.

wats that 4 ref

ffs lads why all this we had 10 missing ..and we had 5 players missing we had 5 21s playing well we had some u21s 2 holy fcuk thats school ground talk. every team in the co has players missing every game they play the whole year through injury,suspensions,co committments etc, so were all in the same boat. and the end of the day when the ball is threw in its 15 v 15 and may the best team win and when its over thats it take it and move on. ps. if a team misses goal chnces r kicks 8 wides they have only themselves to blame its all part of the game

illdecide

Quote from: wats that 4 ref on May 17, 2010, 05:52:04 PM
ffs lads why all this we had 10 missing ..and we had 5 players missing we had 5 21s playing well we had some u21s 2 holy fcuk thats school ground talk. every team in the co has players missing every game they play the whole year through injury,suspensions,co committments etc, so were all in the same boat. and the end of the day when the ball is threw in its 15 v 15 and may the best team win and when its over thats it take it and move on. ps. if a team misses goal chnces r kicks 8 wides they have only themselves to blame its all part of the game

Correct 8)

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: IVEDECIDED on May 17, 2010, 04:07:15 PM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on May 17, 2010, 02:17:25 PM

Whats got into you lad?? two reasonable and honest posts in a row! ;) ;) Fair play.

Thanks.  It must be the weather

illdecide

Jasus my poker nights i run is only £20 in and roughly about 35-40 entrants to which we pay out £1000...sounds like better value to me ;)

Master Yoda

Who is the top club minor teams in Armagh this year?
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering

AFS

Quote from: Master Yoda on May 18, 2010, 03:57:31 PM
Who is the top club minor teams in Armagh this year?

Cross, Keady, Killeavy, Cullyhanna, St Peters seems to be the accepted wisdom.

thewanderer

i didnt think cullyhanna was in the mix as a good minor team. ps watch this space when the cship starts for possible dark horses.