Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lothos

Quote from: Unknown on September 06, 2009, 10:55:48 PM
Quote from: Lothos on September 06, 2009, 10:39:44 PM
We'll just have to agree to disagree.  Like I said, he's a decent enough footballer.  Strong, yes, but any game I've seen him play he tends to try and go on a run, eventually getting closed down and losing the ball.
Looks like we will... U play urself? I do and I no Charlie strikes fear through most backs and teams!!!

Yes I do play.  I don't think I'd be too worried about the big bad Charlie

BenDover

Quote from: AFS on September 05, 2009, 11:48:12 PM
Quote from: Real1995 on September 05, 2009, 11:26:03 PM
Anybody got starting line-ups from 2nites game?

My effort, hope not too many are wrong. Wouldn't know all the Ogs lads.

Cross
1. Hearty
2. Carragher
3. B McKeown
4. P McKeown
5. A Kernan
6. P Kernan
7. Donaldson
8. McEntee
9. McEntee
10. Ahern
11. McNamee
12. Cunningham
13. Clarke
14. T Kernan
15. McConville

Ogs
1. McKinney
2. McCoy
3. Darnell Parkinson
4. Mallon
5. P Duffy
6. Rafferty
7. Darren Davison
8. Moore
9. A Duffy
10. Shorty Clarke
11. R Clarke
12. McManus
13. Marc Cullen
14. S Clarke
15. Shorty Clarke

Great win for the Ogs throughly deserved

el_cuervo_fc

Well done to all the Ogs lads.  I just hope we can go on to win the next 2 matches.  It would be a shame to let this opportunity go to waste

full back

Well done to the Og's on Saturday night

Poor enough first half with very few scoring chances being created
The Og's packed their defence giving Cross very few opportunities while taking any that came their way

Second half was similar to the first with Cross uncharacteristically missing a few free's

When the Og's broke down any attack they went forward in numbers.

Honestly didnt think this type of blanket defence would beat Cross but the Og's followed their game plan to a tee

The ref wasnt good either but at least he was consistent :-\
Couldnt understand how he didnt give the Og's a penalty or at least a free when they were clean through and the man was hauled down

What happened at last nights game with an official being hit??

thewanderer

heard from a good source that R Quigley is refin the Harps v Clans match ( interesting )

torres

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 06, 2009, 10:52:41 PM
Quote from: Legs11 on September 06, 2009, 10:39:30 PM
Quote from: clanneire on September 06, 2009, 09:59:02 PM
its just a pity the match tonite was soured when a st pats official assaulted the ref while leaving the pitch,then a steward was punched when he interveened,total disgrace,thats all i can say
kerian mc keevers dad was the man in question that assualted the ref. wats new from that crowd of inbreds
Why am I not surprised.  How many incidents does this club need to be involved in before they're given the punishment deserved?
was this same person not  banned 5/6 years ago ? hope the county board come down hard on those involved , i dont know why this club have to resort to underhand tactics in games in which a lot goes unpunished  >:( .

orange2009

Crossmaglen captain Aaron Kernan and PEarse Og Manager Brendan Hughes react to the Ogs historic victory over Crossmaglen at the weekend

http://armagh-gaa.com/Armagh-TV/News/More-reaction-from-Crossmaglens-defeat.aspx

Smokin Joe

Quote from: torres on September 07, 2009, 09:37:17 AM
its just a pity the match tonite was soured when a st pats official assaulted the ref while leaving the pitch,then a steward was punched when he interveened,total disgrace,thats all i can say
kerian mc keevers dad was the man in question that assualted the ref. wats new from that crowd of inbreds
Why am I not surprised.  How many incidents does this club need to be involved in before they're given the punishment deserved?
was this same person not  banned 5/6 years ago ? hope the county board come down hard on those involved , i dont know why this club have to resort to underhand tactics in games in which a lot goes unpunished  >:( .

I know that there can never be an excuse for assaulting a referree at any time, but I really fail to say what could have upset the Cullyhanna men in last night's game.
They were by far the 2nd best team on the night and never looked like getting back into it.

It's not like they were beaten by a point with the referree being overly harsh on them all game.  Just seems really strange.

illdecide

Quote from: thewanderer on September 07, 2009, 09:29:15 AM
heard from a good source that R Quigley is refin the Harps v Clans match ( interesting )

Got a text 20 mins ago to say Paudie Hughes is the ref for Clans match on Sat nite
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

yellowcard

Quote from: illdecide on September 07, 2009, 10:54:47 AM
Quote from: thewanderer on September 07, 2009, 09:29:15 AM

Got a text 20 mins ago to say Paudie Hughes is the ref for Clans match on Sat nite

Thats true, I'd say he was the only Cross man that drew any positives out of Saturday nights result. He'll probably get the county final now as well.

reload

cullyhanna were indeed 2nd best for the full hour,but as usual when things go again them they show there true colours.

yellowcard

What actually happened with the ref incident at the end of the Cullyanna game? If its as cut and dried as some have suggested then a long ban could be the result.

el_cuervo_fc

ARMAGH CLUB FIXTURES FOR W/E SUNDAY 13 SEPTEMBER  2009

Tuesday 8 September
ACL – Div. II (6.45)
Madden v Granemore (Patrick Duffy)
ACL – Div. III (8.00)
Belleek v St Paul's (Eugene D Nugent) at Ballymacnab
ACL – Div. IV (8.00)
Killean v Crossmaglen II (Jim Lynch) at Dromintee

Saturday 12 September
Senior Championship Quarter-final (7.00)
Clan na Gael v Harps (Paudie Hughes) at Athletic Grounds, Armagh
All-County Under-16 League – Group A (4.00)
Crossmaglen v Pearse Og (Barney Henry)
Tir na nÓg v Dromintee (Noel Martin)

Sunday 13 September
Senior Championship Quarter-final (5.00)
Clann Eireann v Whitecross (Jim Slevin) at Pearse Og Park, Armagh
Under-14 Championship Semi-finals (11.00)
Pearse Og v St Paul's (Vincent O'Neill) at Portadown
Dromintee v Harps (Damian McConville) at Lissummon
ACL – Div. I (1.00)
Pearse Og v Culloville (Gary Smith)
ACL – Div. II (1.00)
Wolfe Tone v Maghey (Frank McDonald)
Ballyhegan v Silverbridge (Seamus O'Neill)
St Michael's v Ballymacnab (Barney Henry)
ACL – Div. III (1.00)
Annaghmore v St Paul's (Kevin Murtagh)
St Peter's v Shane O'Neill's (Eamon Nugent)
An Port Mor v Belleek (Tony O'Hare)
Lissummon v Collegeland (Kevin McNeice)
ACL – Div. IV (1.00)
Phelim Brady's v Dorsey Emmett's (Joe Murtagh)
Corrinshego v Forkhill (Paul Boylan)
Clady v Killean (Ger Devlin)
Grange v Crossmaglen II (Mickey Leonard)

torres

Quote from: Smokin Joe on September 07, 2009, 10:28:57 AM
Quote from: torres on September 07, 2009, 09:37:17 AM

I know that there can never be an excuse for assaulting a referree at any time, but I really fail to say what could have upset the Cullyhanna men in last night's game.
They were by far the 2nd best team on the night and never looked like getting back into it.

It's not like they were beaten by a point with the referree being overly harsh on them all game.  Just seems really strange.
they seem to have a massive chip on their shoulders , when the granemore forwards went and took their positions  the st ? pats defenders put out their hands and the players shook then they started fronting up and shouldering , first side i,ve seen doing this all season ,like what does that achieve , they must think they,re hard men or something but granemore stood up to them and st pats on the line did,nt like or expect this and began yapping as usual looking free,s and bookings while their own tackling was a lot worse  >:( . i do hope the cb look into their actions on the night which took away slightly the deserved granmore win  :) .

nutsy--1

while attending both games at the athelic grounds at the week-end i have to congradulate both og's and granemore, i'd say its a long time since 3 mid armagh clubs were in the last six. id like to see og's and granemore in the next round i think granemore would put it up them.

on another note the person who assaulted the referre and the steward should be banned from the GAA for life, and the two men should claim for assault. i think the referre's should go on strike until there is more protection for referre's.